REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #26
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 View Post
LOL!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
a cheat sheet? i swear that's some George Kastanzah shi

I don't see anything wrong with that.
If I have to take "precautions" to make sure everything goes smoothly I will. It's a matter of logic, not "game".

that aside, I haven't actually done that before lol

-Physixx

Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #27

Quote:
origins/roots
Born in Hong Kong, lived there for seven years, moved to Vancouver. Next.
Quote:
what were their teenage years like
She went to high school, got good grades and fucked a guy in the 11th grade when she was drunk. Next.
Quote:
the city
It's big and I've never been to this part of the city. Wowowow. Next

Quote:
may be past relationships
interests hobbies
sports?
I can take the time to answer these for her, but you get the point. These types of lists are meant to be guidelines, Mr. Costanza, they won't last forever. Nonetheless, they're good for small talk. So you see? You and I have the same approach--except while you say them as you think of them, I prefer to be more structured in what I do.

Quote:
and if you're risky, i dare you discuss religion/politics/world affairs
Unless you and her are on the same wavelengths when it comes to religion/politics/world affairs, I would suggest the OP not to take up on this retarded dare. You want to make yourself an object of attraction, not somebody she could call when she feels like having an argument.

Quote:
i hope you're a good conversationalist, if you ever get stuck, just ask questions, and they shouldnt always be personal ones, keep them light hearted
Disagree. That is not what a good conversationalist does.
Light-hearted or serious, you asking all the questions means interrogation.
You can sit there and ask her questions all day long about whether or not she enjoys Mexican food, if she likes puppies, or what's her favorite hangout spot; because that's all you have to say. And she won't learn a thing about you.
And at the end of the day, you're probably going to learn something about her and want to see her again, while she felt like she just wasted three-and-a-half hours with a guy that has nothing better to do than to interview her.

Questions get her to speak up, that is true, but if all you do is ask questions when you "run out of things to say", then she's not communicating with you, she's answering to your constant inquiries.

Quote:
try to stray away from topics like, what kind of music do you like, books or w/e topic that you dont have a good grasp of, cause it'll usually lead to a dead end
This is the only thing in your post that I see light in; even then it's pretty self-evident that a guy wouldn't want to look like goof talking about things he knows nothing about.

-Physixx

Last edited by Culture_Vulture; 06-17-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: multiquoting
Old 06-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #28
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

gaawwd that's so mystery method....... but hahaha it'll work.

keep it light and funny at first. and then gradually turn it up a couple of notches. ask her some questions about her family, her relationships with her folks, and then ask her about her past relationships and past boyfriends. peel that bitch like an onion. you gotta know where she's been, where she's at and where she is going.

when she finally reveals her naked soul to you, you can then decide if she gets the job as the gf. remember, the first date is like a job interview. she's applying the job of the gf. in exchange for sharing her beauty and nurturing female essence she gets to be part of the guiding light that will bring her out of the darkness.
ZhangFei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

ur an idiot an obvious AFC ^

fuck questions make statements
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #30
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Say I have a 6 of Ironhorse, and Trojan in the wallet.
kumbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhangFei View Post

keep it light and funny at first. and then gradually turn it up a couple of notches. ask her some questions about her family, her relationships with her folks, and then ask her about her past relationships and past boyfriends. peel that bitch like an onion. you gotta know where she's been, where she's at and where she is going.

when she finally reveals her naked soul to you, you can then decide if she gets the job as the gf. remember, the first date is like a job interview. she's applying the job of the gf. in exchange for sharing her beauty and nurturing female essence she gets to be part of the guiding light that will bring her out of the darkness.
good luck at ever finding a woman guy.... that line i bolded is probably one of the STUPIDEST things you could ask a girl on the first date. the family part is ok, just ask about brothers sisters etc.
03aspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
physixx is wack and has no game
lol, i have no idea if you're being serious or not...
Old 06-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #33

well i dont know the guy so I can't really say

he just annoys me because he regurgitates common knowledge and all the LBs worship him like a guru

but im pretty positive you have no game when the thought of having a cheat sheet of conversation topics crosses your mind
Old 06-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #34

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #35
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

he just annoys me because he regurgitates common knowledge and all the LBs worship him like a guru

but im pretty positive you have no game when the thought of having a cheat sheet of conversation topics crosses your mind
I'm pretty sure that all his info comes from books. But that's just my opinion.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:42 PM   #36

Quote:

Whatever you do, do not listen to this guy lol. Dude that's horrible advice. I hope you dont do this yourself.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:21 PM   #37

Quote:

I feel like Timpo in VAC and ZhangFei in Fight Club: I say it as I see it; and I never asked to be worshiped by strangers for giving advice that I think may help. Whether you enjoy reading what I have to say or think I'm a complete lunatic is completely irrelevant to my take on the threads and topics (not to mention it makes for the good discussion OP's are looking for).

Common knowledge or not, I'm offering my opinion to those who ask for it, so I really don't see what's so wrong with me giving my 'common knowledge' replies unless the OP specifically asks for Physixx not to reply to his/her thread.
I'm sure you realize not everybody is as great as you are in social environments, and not everybody sees the topics of R&G discussions as merely a thing of 'common knowledge' that you speak so aptly of.

I wasn't born and raised with the said "game" you speak so conspicuously of either, but most to all of what you consider 'common knowledge' in my posts in R&G Discussions work for me, so I don't see this advice hurting anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03aspec View Post
I'm pretty sure that all his info comes from books. But that's just my opinion.
It's true I read a lot on various fields of social interactions and psychology, but copy-and-pasting is for suckers. I only say what I feel might help.

-Physixx
Old 06-17-2009, 11:26 PM   #38

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
I feel like Timpo in VAC and ZhangFei in Fight Club: I say it as I see it; and I never asked to be worshiped by strangers for giving advice that I think may help. Whether you enjoy reading what I have to say or think I'm a complete lunatic is completely irrelevant to my take on the threads and topics (not to mention it makes for the good discussion OP's are looking for).

Common knowledge or not, I'm offering my opinion to those who ask for it, so I really don't see what's so wrong with me giving my 'common knowledge' replies unless the OP specifically asks for Physixx not to reply to his/her thread.
I'm sure you realize not everybody is as great as you are in social environments, and not everybody sees the topics of R&G discussions as merely a thing of 'common knowledge' that you speak so aptly of.

I wasn't born and raised with the said "game" you speak so conspicuously of either, but most to all of what you consider 'common knowledge' in my posts in R&G Discussions work for me, so I don't see this advice hurting anybody.

It's true I read a lot on various fields of social interactions and psychology, but copy-and-pasting is for suckers. I only say what I feel might help.

-Physixx

...and they're all full of shit
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:59 PM   #39
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
the way i see it is, if you don't know how to hold a conversation with someone that isn't being an emo responseless cunt, then it's never going to go as you "plan" it.

things just have to be natural and flow (or at least you're such a good actor it appears that way). otherwise it's gonna be awkward, but that doesn't necessarily mean bad. two chill ppl that encounter an awkward moment could totally just joke and laugh it off.

it really depends man, how old are you?
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #40

Last edited by m4k4v4li; 01-19-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:31 AM   #41
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Bang her by the end of the day or you've failed.
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #42
My homepage has been set to RS

i fucked up my first date with girl i'm seeing and we're still good. If she likes u, she likes u.

That being said, if u wanna not fuck it up, some good ideas are eat yaletown+walk near seawall or eat granville island + walk near kits beach.
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #43
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Dinner at a place like red robin, cactus club, boston pizza type of restaurant and a movie is good enough. Wait for the walk on the beach or some place nice when you 2 get to know each other a little more. Even eating ice cream and sitting down to talk will help.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #44
you
Banned (BBM)

Quote:

ahahahhaha funniest shit i heard all day
epic shit right here...the only thing u should be peeling are her clothes

to the op - just make sure NOT to do what i quoted and u should be fine
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #45
Need to Seek Professional Help

Just do whatever- Do random shit you haven't done before. Planning is a recipe for fail. Just get a general idea of what she'd like to do- let everything else along the way work itself out.

If feelings are mutual, you'll enjoy the date no matter what.

I took my gf to Superstore for an official first date. From every perspective that's the most pathetic place you can take a girl for a date but i strongly believe we both had fun. You can ask her though. =p
Old 06-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #46
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
^ what'd you do at superstore? hahaha
Old 06-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
^ what'd you do at superstore? hahaha
Walk around, talk, make fun of things, observe people- lol
Old 06-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #48
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchiecchi View Post
Walk around, talk, make fun of things, observe people- lol
props, did u at least get grocery shopping done?

i've heard of this as a date before, like taking a girl to do some non-fashion shopping, but as a first date, i wouldnt have the nerve

you must spend a lot of time doing shopping to feel that comfortable on a first date
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #49

Quote:
props, did u at least get grocery shopping done?

i've heard of this as a date before, like taking a girl to do some non-fashion shopping, but as a first date, i wouldnt have the nerve

you must spend a lot of time doing shopping to feel that comfortable on a first date
We didn't really shop- Just walked around and talked. lol It was unplanned and random.

I don't think it really matters where you take her. As long as you can show you're a fun person to be with. Don't be afraid to talk about yourself- at the same time, get her to talk about herself too.

The most important thing is to keep things interesting and not awkward. Location is least important- just find a place where you guys can relax and talk. Aquarium, Park, your little secret place, etc etc.

Last edited by ecchiecchi; 06-18-2009 at 03:21 PM.
ecchiecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #50
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDorky View Post
well, it can be like some movie, walk around mall, dinner kinda thing

keep it simple, since its first date, but if you want to have a good impression, pay for the movie and dinner

but i'm sure there are girls that would WANT to pay for themselves and maybe the guy too, because i believe the guy paying for things are old fashioned.
Girls lose respect for guys who pick up the tab.
Unless maybe, your bangin her already

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote