REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Fitted Shirts (https://www.revscene.net/forums/579526-fitted-shirts.html)

gearshifter 06-16-2009 09:10 PM

Fitted Shirts

Where and what brand would you recommend for fitted casual shirts?

SkinnyPupp 06-16-2009 09:14 PM

What do you mean? Thousands of shirts can fit into that broad category.

LC21 06-17-2009 12:37 AM

i highly recommend the edhardy and smet and all the gangsterwear

PRoJeX 06-17-2009 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 6469531)
i highly recommend the edhardy and smet and all the gangsterwear

yah its all about heat wear

buddy 06-17-2009 07:56 AM

shirts as in tees or those you wear a tie with?

gearshifter 06-18-2009 10:16 AM

Shirts as in like casual but fitted dress shirts

Thanks!

RacePace 06-18-2009 10:22 AM

Zara

aperfectcircle 06-18-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6471387)
Zara

Zara fits weird for me; size small is too tight, medium fits well but sleeves are ultimately too short. Unless you go made-to-measure (the best route), finding a versatile fitted shirt that can be worn with a suit or as a standalone can be almost as difficult as a suit off the rack IMO. Fit isn't something you should ask an opinion for on a forum; go to each store locally within your price range and actually try them on to find the best fit.

For me, Club Monaco shirts in Small fit the best and run around $50 in the sale section; not too tight, a bit of room in the chest, still fairly slim-fit and sleeves are of perfect length so that appropriate cuff is showing beyond a suit so I buy my stock from them. BR fits horrible if you're tall and fairly slim - better if you're short and stocky generally; sleeves are too short if you have longer arms in size small. I find any of those brand-name shirts ie Canali/Zegna/Ralph Lauren to be too overpriced when you can get one tailored for you for less.

buddy 06-18-2009 12:30 PM

^ I love those fitted shirts from Zara .. decent quality based on price they charge .. i found the size small fits me very well, roomy enough for the waist area but tight on chest (make my chest look bigger, sorry if i sound like a woman here, lol) ... i think i have one of every colour they made ...

WHEYsted 06-18-2009 04:36 PM

Mexx is a really good fit and comfortable.

Marco911 06-19-2009 05:09 AM

I wear Dunhill or Brooks Brother's fitted shirts.

For other shirts I wear Eton, Charvet or Zegna.

For evening shirts, Dolce&Gabanna fitted shirts.

hamsup 06-19-2009 08:28 AM

i found the bcbg shirts fit well =) i believe the cutting is modern or something

Tapioca 06-19-2009 10:06 AM

http://www.jantzentailor.com/

I found this gem when I was in Hong Kong during the spring. I would recommend this place if:

- You can find someone who can take your measurements
- You're comfortable with selecting fabrics
- and, if you're comfortable with a wait (6-8 weeks)

Their shirts are about 320 HKD which is about $50-55 CAD. They do stock casual fabrics as well as typical dress shirt fare. The quality is not Saville Row by any means, but it's better than Zara, Mexx, etc. Plus, they actually match stripes up from the shoulder to the sleeve which you will not get in a shirt from a regular store.

Harvey Specter 06-19-2009 11:36 PM

I agree with Zara sizing. I'm slim but tall and I have issues fitting in their cloth. Sometimes a M is too tight, other times a M is too big. I've given up on Zara. And I agree with Marco; Dolce & Gabanna "slim" dress shirts are the best fitting dress shirts you can buy, their Martini cut is nice but not as fitted. You can find the slim dress shirts on the web for under $200, sometimes even cheaper.

Marco911 06-20-2009 12:38 AM

I don't think I've ever owned anything from Zara or H&M because they seem like such wannabe brands that imitate high fashion but with shitty materials. I do, however, have loads of American Apparel.

vancouverdc4 06-25-2009 12:43 AM

I think RS has too many metro-sexuals...since when did men care so much about fashion?