REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 06-20-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
I STILL don't get it

Tipping the bathroom attendant..

I do not understand this. I went to Citrus with my gf last night, and there was a girl sitting on a stool in the bathroom, #1 point- the bathroom there is so tiny, you can only have 4 people in there at a time, #2 this girl that was "working" in the bathroom, would come up to people and ask them to give her money.

I went in there just to check my hair, she had approached me and asked me to give her a tip. I asked her what for, she replys with " its mandatory"..
Maybe if I used the bathroom, then she had a towel waiting for me, then I would, but what do you even give then? I obviously didnt give her anything, I didnt use her services and it didnt seem like she was doing anything, once i turned to leave she called me a bitch under her breath..

What do you do in this situation?..Is there some kind of going rate for these people or a certain amount your supposed to give for a towel??

Weird..
Advertisement
Princess121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

I just make jokes with the bathroom guy. It makes it less awkward after he gives a towel. It makes it seem like we're friends and he's just doing me a favor by grabbing me a towel, rather than like we're not friends and he's there providing a service and expecting a tip
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

never heard of a mandatory tip before, just ignore them
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
I STILL don't get it

Wow that's some pretty persistent working. I've only gone clubbing 7 or so times, but so far the worst case i've had was when the bathroom guy, at richards, partially blocked me from the door to offer me colognes and more towels while dangling his tip jar; I just declined and nudged by him. Seems like girl attendants are much more straightforward than guys.
pawdregry4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess121 View Post
What do you do in this situation?..Is there some kind of going rate for these people or a certain amount your supposed to give for a towel??

Weird..

I never really tip the bathroom guy, because first off why the hell is there someone in the bathroom if they don't need to use anything??? and it's not like I couldn't get the towel myself.

If i take some gum or something though, then I just drop some loose loonies or toonies into the tip bowl. I think that's being fair

I've never had someone give me a problem for not tipping, but if someone blocked my way or some stupid bullshit like that I'd lose it. I make more money for the club then he does. better stay the fxck out of my way.

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net

Last edited by CanadaGoose; 06-20-2009 at 08:15 PM.
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #6
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

I wouldn't tip the bathroom attendant at a club in Vancouver. The bathrooms here are fucking gross and small anyways. If it was a nicer club with a clean bathroom and a little but more upscale, maybe a buck or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #7
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I only tip in vegas where they give me lollypops
Old 06-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

i'm all about tipping and all that, but i completely don't get this either...unless u take a lollipop, calogne, or w/e the hell else they have in there, tipping is so unncessary here. I appreciate the fact that this person needs my tips to have more money, but it's just ridiculous. I'm not giving a tip for using a natural bodily function and then keeping my hands sanitized after it.
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #9
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,438 Times in 1,436 Posts
if tipping is mandatory, she better cleans my pipe after I piss
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #10
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
I wouldn't tip the bathroom attendant at a club in Vancouver. The bathrooms here are fucking gross and small anyways. If it was a nicer club with a clean bathroom and a little but more upscale, maybe a buck or two.
exactly how i would put it.

Vancouver clubs washrooms are FUCKING SUCK!!!
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:59 AM   #11
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

i was at the vanilla room for my friends birthday party and the bathroom person was nagging me to tip him i then proceeded to tell him to fuck off and get a real job and went back out to dance... the next time i went to the bathroom there were 3 bouncers... apparently i was giving him a hard time and i was asked to leave... so i had to wait outside for my friends until our limo bus arrived all because of those damn bathroom people
Big_Duke_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:03 AM   #12
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
I've never run across someone in the bathroom before... but if I knew them, I'd tip them =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #13
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess121 View Post
I do not understand this. I went to Citrus with my gf last night, and there was a girl sitting on a stool in the bathroom, #1 point- the bathroom there is so tiny, you can only have 4 people in there at a time, #2 this girl that was "working" in the bathroom, would come up to people and ask them to give her money.

I went in there just to check my hair, she had approached me and asked me to give her a tip. I asked her what for, she replys with " its mandatory"..
Maybe if I used the bathroom, then she had a towel waiting for me, then I would, but what do you even give then? I obviously didnt give her anything, I didnt use her services and it didnt seem like she was doing anything, once i turned to leave she called me a bitch under her breath..

Weird..
I would complain to management the next day. She should not expect a tip for service NOT rendered. Do mention that you heard her call you a bitch.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #14
I STILL don't get it

I would have to say citrus is the worst place I have been, aside from the bathroom part, I have never been stared down by some coked-ouut slut with cake face if I sold any blow within 5 minutes of walking into a place. Super sketchy. This whole experience reminds me of why I hate going to the clubs..I know it doesnt help either being in langley..
Princess121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #15
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

paging majinhurricane
Chairman Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #16
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
maybe she isn't even an employee and just set up shop there on her own
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #17
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
i dont give him shit unless i take gum or spray cologne which i rarely do.. and if i do its usuallly 50c or $1 max
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #18
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Kaga View Post
paging majinhurricane
shhh
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #19
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

It's annoying at Boss where there's a lady sitting on the stool by the sinks. She takes all the paper towels so people can't grab it themselves and makes me feel guilty for not tipping her
Old 06-23-2009, 06:24 AM   #20
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

fuck these bathroom attendants
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #21
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Here is my beef, you pay to get in the club so there is there tips there. I have been to a club or two where they don't have paper towel and only the attendent. I have no problem cleaning washing my hands and such and wiping them on my pants (hey they are clean afterall) the look of the bathroom attendant is pricless!!! They will usually try to offer you something for sure if they see you doing that.

One guy asked me why I did that, I answered because I don't want to tip someone who expect's a tip after a service is offered!!
whitescirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #22
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
i want to end my life right now.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #23
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

i just say thank you

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #24
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Eww.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #25
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I smell an idea for a Curb episode...
tropslevi is offline   Reply With Quote