REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-30-2009, 03:03 PM   #51
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Heres the deal.

Most of you are delusional. At some point in your life, you have to set a boundary. You can't always do what you did as friends when you were little.
Marriage isn't for fucking toddlers or retards, that is why many people break up now-days anyway.

So here is some advice for ALL of you.

If you wan't to hang out with her, you need to be okay with her bringing her husband along, EVERY TIME. If you don't like that, something is wrong with YOU and that is that. Her husband has EVERY right to be asking questions and w/e else he fucking wants to.. its his woman.

You need to find a new best friend. She has a bigger priority now.. her husband, kids and etc.
If you are fucking serious about marriage, you WILL include your SO into EVERYTHING. Period. Otherwise it will not work.

Most of you are fucking stupid and retarded. I fucking said it. You idiots expect to do shit your way all the fucking time. It doesn't work that way.

If your wife was spending time with some fucker behind your back you would be pretty suspicious too. The wife is wrong for blaming it on you, as it is her fault as well.

No, this is not 1760, but it sure is 2009, where like 3/4 of the marriages fail within the first 5-10 years... some even sooner than that.

I don't give a shit what any of you have to add to this, you're all wrong if you disagree with what I've said. You can't hide shit from your SO and you need to GROW THE FUCK UP. This isn't god damn fucking preschool. Nor is it fucking cute to be doing this shit.
im late to this thread, but he is right. and im surprised it took this long for someone to say this fact. when you are an adult and binded by marriage, relationships will change (friendship). there is something called a constraint placed on the husband and the wife. you're no longer a "free" individual; you are actually under a set of rules that govern how you can act. for example, the "friend" in the OP's situation cannot expect to hang out the same as before the marriage. it just does not happen. the wife has a set of rules/constraints that she must abide to, or else there may be problems down the road.

it's true that a lot of people on this forum does not agree with what The7even said. it's also true that a lot of marriages end up in a divorce in our society. maybe the previous 2 sentences have a correlation. hint.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #52
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Heres the deal.

Most of you are delusional. At some point in your life, you have to set a boundary. You can't always do what you did as friends when you were little.
Marriage isn't for fucking toddlers or retards, that is why many people break up now-days anyway.

So here is some advice for ALL of you.

If you wan't to hang out with her, you need to be okay with her bringing her husband along, EVERY TIME. If you don't like that, something is wrong with YOU and that is that. Her husband has EVERY right to be asking questions and w/e else he fucking wants to.. its his woman.

You need to find a new best friend. She has a bigger priority now.. her husband, kids and etc.
If you are fucking serious about marriage, you WILL include your SO into EVERYTHING. Period. Otherwise it will not work.

Most of you are fucking stupid and retarded. I fucking said it. You idiots expect to do shit your way all the fucking time. It doesn't work that way.

If your wife was spending time with some fucker behind your back you would be pretty suspicious too. The wife is wrong for blaming it on you, as it is her fault as well.

No, this is not 1760, but it sure is 2009, where like 3/4 of the marriages fail within the first 5-10 years... some even sooner than that.

I don't give a shit what any of you have to add to this, you're all wrong if you disagree with what I've said. You can't hide shit from your SO and you need to GROW THE FUCK UP. This isn't god damn fucking preschool. Nor is it fucking cute to be doing this shit.
I don't fuckin mind that. As much as a douchebag I think he is, I had even asked her to bring her husband along to our dinner sessions in the past on MULTIPLE occasions, so that I can have the opportunity to get acquainted with him, but she never bothered. What am I suppose to do?

And by the way, things were always like this dating back before their marriage, he's gets jealous of ANY guy that hangs out with her, it's not specific to me.

In the end, I think it's best for both of us to just stop chillin anymore. As I don't wish to cause any further damage to their marriage. Case closed!
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:34 PM   #53
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by np3player View Post
theres nothing wrong with hanging out with her just because she's married. But, being her best friend, if you knew shes sneaking around to hang out with you, you shoulda been the first person to tell her what she is doing is wrong. You should be trying to help her marriage... And if you ever pressured her to hang out with you, then you are just lame~

but it concerns me that he's been around for 8 years and you guys hvnt all become frnds... I mean if you're her best frnd. i'll have to agree with what was said before about her using you to feel single and side with those who say you should back off~
I've always been the first person to tell her to tell him about me, but the fact is she never mustered enough courage to accomplish that. I am trying to help her marriage, it's always been like that, but she never listens.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #54
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
In the end, I think it's best for both of us to just stop chillin anymore. As I don't wish to cause any further damage to their marriage. Case closed!
Quote:
I've always been the first person to tell her to tell him about me, but the fact is she never mustered enough courage to accomplish that. I am trying to help her marriage, it's always been like that, but she never listens.
Drama!!!!!!!!

Why were you trying to force yourself into her life anyways. C'mon dude, her life has moved on. People grow. Let the married couple be.

You make it sound like there's she's committed some serious crime of friendship here. It's like she has to meet your minimum requirements or risk devaluing your friendship. You're sound like a pretty high maintenance friend.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #55
HELP ME PLS!!!

I'm not forcing myself into her life. What are you talking about? I've already said that I should move on, and let them be. You lack comprehension skills or something?

If you don't know me, don't make false accusations of me.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #56
Banned By Establishment

If you already knew the right thing to do then there is no reason to post this and not be expected to get flamed on. Stupid fuckface.
WHEYsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #57
HELP ME PLS!!!

If I already knew the answer to my dilemma. I wouldn't have made this topic. It's obvious that I didn't made up my mind at the time, smartass.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #58
Banned By Establishment

Then why argue back when you know most of us are right.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:40 PM   #59
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
You lack comprehension skills or something?
Defensive much? Actually, it's you who doesn't have a clue.

No wonder you made this thread. You lash out when you don't get what you want. Earlier, when you didn't get what you want from your friend and so you had to make a post that villifies her, her husband, their marriage; And now when people call you out for your errors instead of the married couple.

No wonder your friend bitched at you. If you haven't realized, it's pretty self-centered of you to challenge the husband's priority over a friend's. (long history withstanding or not)
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:04 AM   #60
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamehustla View Post
If you already knew the right thing to do then there is no reason to post this and not be expected to get flamed on. Stupid fuckface.
That is priceless.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #61
Not a mod

My interpretation of this:
willy has the hots for the friend,
friend knows that willy is a douche,
friend gets married to another dude,
willy is jealous of the guy hence the hate,
willy resorts to the role of the creepy friend in the hopes that he can get with the friend at a later day
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #62
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCrusher View Post
willy resorts to the role of the creepy friend in the hopes that he can get with the friend at a later day
agreed
LanEvoMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #63
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

to the OP:

I Think everyone has said it best, that you'll need to stay away from her until one day this can be cleared up, and maybe she'll come to you.

I have friends who married that I no longer talk to, men or women. Because I know they're busy with their lives/kid/job so I know that they'll come to me when they are more available. And if they dont? oh well, we had some good times.

Every friend is disposable IMO. The ones that are worth keeping are the ones that actually call every couple months to check up on ya. "Cuz u know then that they still care, despite the lack of time to be able to spend with you.

GL.

FS: CAVI/SUNFIRE ECOTEC 2.2L OEM ENGINE PARTS
(CAMS, HEAD, VALVE COVER, BLOCK, AIR BOX, ETC ETC)

FS: OEM CAVALIER/SUNFIRE SEATS - 9/10.[/SIZE]
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #64
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer View Post
to the OP:

I Think everyone has said it best, that you'll need to stay away from her until one day this can be cleared up, and maybe she'll come to you.

I have friends who married that I no longer talk to, men or women. Because I know they're busy with their lives/kid/job so I know that they'll come to me when they are more available. And if they dont? oh well, we had some good times.

Every friend is disposable IMO. The ones that are worth keeping are the ones that actually call every couple months to check up on ya. "Cuz u know then that they still care, despite the lack of time to be able to spend with you.

GL.
this should go both ways though, you should also call them to see whats up too.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #65
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I agree with BPH. Friends will come and go, sometimes out of your control. Give this lady space. Women are different. Guys like to fix things and the more we try, the worst it gets.
Time will allow things to sort itself out.
bigbadboss101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #66
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

3xtra - noted. I usually just leave a text or 2 of course.
but some reply, some never do

FS: CAVI/SUNFIRE ECOTEC 2.2L OEM ENGINE PARTS
(CAMS, HEAD, VALVE COVER, BLOCK, AIR BOX, ETC ETC)

FS: OEM CAVALIER/SUNFIRE SEATS - 9/10.[/SIZE]
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #67
you
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCrusher View Post
BAM!

ohh willy's gonna be mad when he sees this
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #68
Banned (ABWS)

wow there are a lot of assholes on RS
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #69
Banned (ABWS)

A double date would have been a more sensible option. If any1 should be pissed its her husband. Y wouldnt she tell him if you r both innocent. Its like shes trying to hide deeper feelings.
Adsdeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #70
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
wow there are a lot of assholes on RS
No. They are called liu13 impersonators. Haha I guess I just proved your point but what can I say, your my idol.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #71
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Looks to me like your 'friend' sold you down the river once her cover was blown (the txt msg). She was the one hiding the fact that you two were hanging out, and if she can't own up to that, it's clear that your friendship isn't as strong as it once was.
revin-Rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #72
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamehustla View Post
This guys awesome but's he's right too!
MR_BIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #73
VLS Pet Forum Mod

Quote:
I don't fuckin mind that. As much as a douchebag I think he is, I had even asked her to bring her husband along to our dinner sessions in the past on MULTIPLE occasions, so that I can have the opportunity to get acquainted with him, but she never bothered. What am I suppose to do?

And by the way, things were always like this dating back before their marriage, he's gets jealous of ANY guy that hangs out with her, it's not specific to me.

See that would have set off a red flag to me. You had asked to be able to include her husband, so that you could get to know him and she still keeps him in the dark and lies. Hate to say it but your "good friend" is using you.
I think your right to back away slowly and not get caught in the tangle web.
Good for you for trying to salvage the situation though, and for realizing her decision to have things they way they were was not healthy