REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 06-27-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Buying in Kitsilano?

I have family in Vancouver but am living in Calgary. Of late I have been more opened to moving to Vancouver. Looking at Kitsilano cuz I like the shops, active lifestyle, the beach, and the proximity to other locations.

What I am thinking is summer time is not the best time to buy due to higher prices? Would that be an accurate assessment? I have a house in Calgary and if I do move it would be a lot smaller place for the same (or more) money.

Have checked mls.ca and seen some nice places. Anyone here live in Kits? Any recommendations as to which areas might be more ideal? Closer to beach has it benefits but anywhere between 4th and 10th is alright too. How about West end of Broadway? Is it still noisy? I have driven by Cornwall, Point Grey, Broadway, 4th and will do so again. Also might check out couple open houses this weekend. Not ready to move yet as I need to firm up my work situation (I work up in Northern Alberta). Also need to sell my house first if I do buy here. Don't think I want two mortgages.

Thanks!

PS If you have a place for rent I would be into that too until I make a decision.
Advertisement
bigbadboss101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:08 AM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Yes. During the Spring and Summer the price values go up because of increased sales. Sale prices in Vancouver are way above that of Calgary, especially in the West end.

There isn't really a bad place to buy in Vancouver. It is all about balance. If you want it close to the beach, it will cost you more. If you want it secluded, it will cost you more. If you want a bigger place, it will cost you more. If you want it quiet, it will cost you more. All about balance.

P.S. this might be a better fit in the Real Estate forum.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I would suggest the north end of the Dunbar area between Blanca and Dunbar north of 16th Ave. Slightly cheaper and a better home. The cheapest homes in the Kits and Pt. Grey areas are already at the $900k range for a fixer, and parking is atrocious.

Look in the winter months, few people are willing to look at homes and those that come up for sale are motivated to unload their property, in my experience. Though each situation is different, I would grind the seller/agent to see how motivated they are to sell anyways.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:38 AM   #4
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Most likely won't be looking at a house unless I find a super sweet deal or I get a nice bump in my pay. Went to W 4th and around 3100 block on Saturday to check out couple open houses.
bigbadboss101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Kit's is nice, but I'd also check out the arbutus area, unless you want to be within walking distance of the beach.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote