REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

good savings plan

do any of u guys know any good savings plans? like the one where u just deposit a certain amount each month and gain interest?
Advertisement
NAM-nam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

i believe ING direct has the highest interest rate .....
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
HELP ME PLS!!!

they all suck right now.... PC is 0.75%. was 4.1% 8 months ago or so. TD is also 0.75 right now if you have $5000+
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

As waddy41 mentioned, I think ING is the highest currently at 1.35%. Send me PM if you want the referral bonus of... I think it's $12.
Rhetorical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johny View Post
they all suck right now.... PC is 0.75%. was 4.1% 8 months ago or so. TD is also 0.75 right now if you have $5000+
0.75% with over 5000? are you serious.. that is terrible.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #6
Ubereem Mod

mostly 0.75-1.25% take your pick of bank.
*1.35 for ING as someone mention above.

Almost like putting in a shoe box under your mattress =P
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:46 AM   #7
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I always laugh at those who scoff at the interest rates on savings account. Do any of you plan on making the big bucks with it? A 0.25%-1% interest rate difference is so minute. Besides, having a high interest rate is hardly consider a good 'savings plan'.

A good savings plan is something what the OP said in regards to having monthly or semi-monthly transfers from your main account to a savings account. Or start taking advantage of those save-as-you-go type.

TD has one in regards to transferring a certain amount to your savings based on the number of times you use your debit card. They even have a promotion going on.

A penny saved is a penny earned.
Scudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #8
I am Hook'd on RS

I would invest in private mortgage if you have enough cash flow $30,000 minimum you can earn 12-16% per year plus 2% lender bonus
ProShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #9
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProShift View Post
I would invest in private mortgage if you have enough cash flow $30,000 minimum you can earn 12-16% per year plus 2% lender bonus
explain...
Old 07-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #10
RS controls my life!

best interest rate right now is from peoples trust 2.25% but downside is they don't have online banking.
mas604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #11
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by johny View Post
explain...
aka lend to people privately in a sense.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #12
I am Hook'd on RS

johnny- In my experience I have matched an Investor (lender) with a Borrower that has a hard time getting conventional financing. Like any investment there is risk, but the nice thing with mortgages is that they are secured by real property. You would only lend up to a maximum of 60-70% of the value of someone's home, and therefore they have a vested interest in making their payments. I only broker in situations where both the lender and borrower are made better off, and to date my company hasn't had a single delinquency.

Theres a cool trick called the rule of 72s. You take whatever interest rate you are earning and you divide it into 72. Your resulting number is the amount of years it would take to double your investment:

IE: 72 / 7.2% interest rate = 10 years to double your money. With these private loans you are earning often earning 14%, meaning it takes you approx. 5 years to double your money. Getting into this type of investing early in life can really pay off. The trick is to get a good relationship with a broker. Though a broker will do their best to inform you of everything and how it all works, the best bet is to learn as much as you can about the risks involved. I'm sure Amazon or Google will have some info for you. Otherwise, feel free to give me a PM. I'm happy to answer any questions... I don't want to break any forum rules regarding advertising here, but we do work across Canada and arranging these mortgage, so feel free to contact me directly.

Last edited by ProShift; 07-11-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #13
HELP ME PLS!!!

so someone is going to pay me 14% to borrow my money for a mortage, when the banks are offerening 4%? that makes no sense.

the only way they would pay, is if their credit is so bad the bank won't give them money. if that is the case, I certainly wouldn't give them mine either.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #14
I am Hook'd on RS

As my previous post said before the client would have a hard time getting conventional financing that is why the investor would be getting 14% return. What takes some risk out of the equation is that the investor is secured by real property and my policy is to only go up to 70% loan to value of the property, which in a case of default there is a buffer to protect the lender.

I am not saying that private lending is right for everyone, but it is a growing sector of the mortgage industry.