REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Residential Parking Conflict

Seriously, starting to get pissed at my retarded neighbours. They put a fucking note on my dad's windshield telling him to park in front of our own property. Like WTFF, where the hell does it say on anywhere that says you can only park in front of your own house.

My family has two cars and we can perfectly fit two cars in front of our house, but sometimes other ppl park our space, so we have to park a little bit past our house into our dicking neighbours house.

Now this dick is being fucking ass, saying they want their front parking space empty and shit. But the thing is, they don't even park any cars there and even if there was a car, it's only like their daughter coming to visit. Yet they even have the balls to park in front of my house and complain to me, we can't park in their side.

What am I suppose to do, go over and bitch at them for being unreasonable? Is there even proper authorities that can deal with such issues?
Advertisement
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Archive all of those notes, take pictures of them dated and everything. Write a note back to them telling them that it's public property but you generally, out of courtesy, try and park in front of your own property. ( take a picture of that too, with it in their mail box/ on their car )

If anything happens to your car, you'll know where to find them.. and if it's repeatedly vandalized, I think you'd have a sufficient case with ICBC to accuse your neighbours.
moomooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
G'd up! w000weee

^
suggestion by moomoocow is good.
i wouldn't purposely park in front of your neighbor's house to get these notes or threats, but if you do get them, keep them.
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
Good luck to the OP for settling this problem. The guy who live beside my g/f's house is a douche. He would put a note on my car telling me I can't park there when it's public properly. I eventually confronted him, telling him it's public property, and he didn't do shit ever since.
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmk View Post
^
suggestion by moomoocow is good.
i wouldn't purposely park in front of your neighbor's house to get these notes or threats, but if you do get them, keep them.

Well, I don't purposely park in front of my neighbours house. But I have other neighbours that park in front of my house, which causes me to park a bit past my house.

I wouldn't really want to tell my other neighbours to screw off and park somewhere else. It's the city street, any one can park on it.

What pisses me off is that, they don't even park cars in front of their house, they just want it to be FREE so incase they have family members over, they can use it.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

slash there tires

www.l2sc.net
FiveDime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
you can park wherever you want, but yeah why don't you explain to them that your other neighbours parked in front of your house which makes you have to park into theirs.
But really it's a street so you technically can park anywhere you want, and as many cars as you want? If you really wanted to piss them off park a shitload of cars on the street.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Do you live in Vancouver? If so, download this PDF: http://vancouver.ca/bylaws/2849c.pdf - print section 17.6 (page 16), highlight subsection (f)(i), and give it to your neighbor along with a note pointing out that he has no control over street parking, and you'll park wherever you damn well please on your street (feel free to be more or less diplomatic than that).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #9

http://www.vanmag.com/News_and_Featu...ars?page=0%2C0
Quote:
Old 06-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,688 Posts
I don't think there's a rule that you can't park in front of their house. There's no permit. And even if there is, you live within that block anyway.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:23 PM   #11
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
Doesn't the law say as long as you live on that block you have the right to park anywhere on that block?? If that's the case your neighbours are stupid.

But if you don't live on that block (ie visitor) you can park there for like a few hours after that residents get first priority or something??
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #12
private modder

Thanked 2,643 Times in 737 Posts
If you are genuinely only doing it when the spaces in front of your house are full, then just go over there and explain it to them. Don't anger the guy because if he's mad enough to leave a note on your car about it, eventually he'll consider doing something bad to your car if you provoke him.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
If you are genuinely only doing it when the spaces in front of your house are full, then just go over there and explain it to them. Don't anger the guy because if he's mad enough to leave a note on your car about it, eventually he'll consider doing something bad to your car if you provoke him.

They're being complete retards. They can't do jack shit anyways, because it's two old elderly fools being unreasonable. Just because the area of the street is in front of their home, doesn't means it belongs to them.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:30 AM   #14
Banned (ABWS)

curb stomp him
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:58 AM   #15
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxo View Post
Well, I don't purposely park in front of my neighbours house. But I have other neighbours that park in front of my house, which causes me to park a bit past my house.

I wouldn't really want to tell my other neighbours to screw off and park somewhere else. It's the city street, any one can park on it.

What pisses me off is that, they don't even park cars in front of their house, they just want it to be FREE so incase they have family members over, they can use it.
meh.

i park on the street, and our neighbor uphill from us for some godforsaken reason likes to park in front of OUR house... on top of this, they have a hair salon business in their basement and also rent out to students from SFU so it's like a parking lot on our street sometimes. i called the city about this and they said if there are no restrictions posted, they can park wherever they want.

and because of this i have to either park down the street, or even have to park in front of THEIR house
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:19 AM   #16
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
My GF gets mad when the neighbour parks infront of her house, yet she knows there's nothing she can do about it.

These neighbours need that lesson. Where do you live?
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #17
Banned (ABWS)

People feel entitled when they pay $0.5-1M for a house.

In Ottawa there is the same 3hr parking rule on every city street. Its not enforced unless someone calls, then bylaw must enforce it. I had one neighbour that was retired who would call everyday.

I'd love to punch that old fart in the face and send him to hell, he's out-lived his usefulness to society and is just a nuisance now.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
My GF gets mad when the neighbour parks infront of her house, yet she knows there's nothing she can do about it.

I live near Victoria Street and 49th Avenue area. I just moved to this area only for two weeks hahaha, already have neighbours being a dick.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:07 AM   #19
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Here's a thought... instead of going over and killing them as most here would like to suggest... maybe try TALKING to them about it? I know most people like to live in their own little bubble and don't even know their neighbors anymore, but seriously... so many little things like this can be solved very easily through a quick discussion...

You know... tell them the same things you told us..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxo View Post
My family has two cars and we can perfectly fit two cars in front of our house, but sometimes other ppl park our space, so we have to park a little bit past our house into our * neighbours house.
If you're reasonable about it.. no reason they can't be.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #20

Quote:
Okay, let's work up a schedule... RS Beatdown Parking Crew. We get about a dozen members to go park on their street for three hours... then rotate out for the next crew. Lock it up for a couple of days. They'll learn to appreciate something as minor as dvxo's car "intruding" into their line of sight a little bit every now and then.

Anyone here drive a limo? Take 2-3 parking spaces in one shot. Couple jacked-up 4x4s should have a nice effect on the scenery too... make sure they're good and muddy (not that that would be too out-of-place at Vic & 49th).
Quote:
Old 06-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #21
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Okay, let's work up a schedule... RS Beatdown Parking Crew. We get about a dozen members to go park on their street for three hours... then rotate out for the next crew. Lock it up for a couple of days. They'll learn to appreciate something as minor as dvxo's car "intruding" into their line of sight a little bit every now and then.

Anyone here drive a limo? Take 2-3 parking spaces in one shot. Couple jacked-up 4x4s should have a nice effect on the scenery too... make sure they're good and muddy (not that that would be too out-of-place at Vic & 49th).
You're joking, yet it works.

My buddy in Ottawa was having similar problems with his neighbours, so a bunch of us parked on his street over a weekend and clogged up the entire street while having a BBQ and beers. At that point the 3hr rule has expired, so there's nothing the neighbours can do but come over and complain, to which they got the appropriate response that this will continue all summer if they cannot act like good neighbours, why should he?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #22

Quote:
You're joking,
Only partly Joking only in the fact that organizing RSers for something like this would be like herding the proverbial cats.

Quote:
yet it works.

My buddy in Ottawa was having similar problems with his neighbours, so a bunch of us parked on his street over a weekend and clogged up the entire street while having a BBQ and beers. At that point the 3hr rule has expired, so there's nothing the neighbours can do but come over and complain, to which they got the appropriate response that this will continue all summer if they cannot act like good neighbours, why should he?
Epic
Quote:
Old 06-29-2009, 08:51 AM   #23
Need my Daily Fix of RS

i have "neighbors" (from across the street) that park in front of my house and leave it there for days simply because they are too lazy to pull a u-turn and park in front of their house. so the front of their houses are empty. and the spots in front of my house are all full. i dont really mind it, except for the fact that sometimes the city comes by with the street cleaner and their fronts get cleaned, but mine doesnt get cleaned cause of their cars, and THEN they move... assholes. (just thought id say that) share my experiences. haha
tr0ubl3s0m3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #24
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post

RS BDPC?

I'm on it man. I got some old golf clubs that are too crappy for game usage :P
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #25
My homepage has been set to RS

i've seen many people put bukets in front of thr houses, and most of these people are oriental. If this sounds racist ,, too bad, cause thats all i see.

why do who parks in front of whoes house matter more to orientals than others?
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote