REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Many speeding tickets in a short period (https://www.revscene.net/forums/581060-many-speeding-tickets-short-period.html)

silk 06-30-2009 01:09 PM

Many speeding tickets in a short period

I had about 3 or 4 speeding ticket from period between oct/2008 and April/2009. I went to ICBC and luckly I dont have a single point.
I'm not an aggresive driver, but i do have aftermarket rims and I guess that's what caught police's attention. All my offenses were speeding in a 50 or 60 zone with + 15km....
Anyways, I recieved a letter 2 months ago and stated my driving record/habit is pretty bad and basically it is telling me I will need to change my driving habit. My license would be suspend if i recieve more violation tickets.

I'm driving with the posted speed now for the past 2 months, to be honest, lesson learned and im pretty scared I will get my license taken away. I needed my car for work.

Do you guys know how long i have to wait for records to clear up in order to speed up a little bit faster ?
I am not going to race, but sometimes just pretty frustrate when the traffic is light and others are flying at 30km above the posted speed limit.

****** I been driving for 9 years, I have been driving with the same habits and these were the only tickets i have (ever since i put on aftermarket rims) so im pretty sure police love to catch asian with moded car

skidmark 06-30-2009 03:29 PM

I don't think it is the rims, I think it's the speed that the vehicle was doing that caught the officer's attention. :)

Let everyone else worry about what they might be getting. Like mom used to say, if everyone else is jumping over the cliff....

sho_bc 06-30-2009 06:37 PM

99% of the time, the only time I can tell if a vehicle has cosmetic modifications (such as aftermarket wheels) while doing speed enforcement is once the vehicle is pulled over to the side of the road for speeding.

silk 06-30-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidmark (Post 6488739)
I don't think it is the rims, I think it's the speed that the vehicle was doing that caught the officer's attention. :)

Let everyone else worry about what they might be getting. Like mom used to say, if everyone else is jumping over the cliff....

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 6488959)
99% of the time, the only time I can tell if a vehicle has cosmetic modifications (such as aftermarket wheels) while doing speed enforcement is once the vehicle is pulled over to the side of the road for speeding.

well.. cool.. but thats not the point...
my concern is about how many years of clean driving record before i can jump out of the hole ?

johny 07-02-2009 03:09 PM

generally driving history is 5 years. you're probably one a 1-2 year probation though, probably says in the letter.