REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   RS.net's Newest Sponsor the Blackmarkers Clothing!!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/581080-rs-nets-newest-sponsor-blackmarkers-clothing.html)

!SG 06-30-2009 04:29 PM

RS.net's Newest Sponsor the Blackmarkers Clothing!!!

http://www.revscene.net/sponsors/the..._banner486.jpg
http://www.theblackmarkers.com

The Blackmarkers
Tel: 1.866.493.6778
Fax: 604.263.4928

Store
Unit 1285 Parker Place
4380 No. 3 Road
Richmond, BC
Canada, V6X 3V7

Customer Service / Local Pick Up Hours
Sunday to Thursday 11:00am - 7:00pm
Friday to Saturday 11:00am - 9:00pm

Office Hours
Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm

General Inquiries
info(at)theblackmarkers.com

Ordering
orders(at)theblackmarkers.com

Returns & Exchanges
returns(at)theblackmarkers.com

The Blackmarkers is an online retailer based in Richmond, BC, Canada. We carry a filtered selection of streetwear, contemporary menswear, womens, footwear and accessories.

theBlackMarkers 06-30-2009 04:56 PM

Hey guys, check out these brands that we are carrying currently. We are constantly adding more brands to the list.

http://www.theblackmarkers.com/image...rge/brands.jpg

theBlackMarkers 06-30-2009 05:12 PM

The Blackmarkers - We are an online retailer for a filtered selection of streetwear, contemporary menswear and accessories. We are based in Richmond, BC, Canada and we serve customers World Wide. We also offer local pick up for our local customers to save on shipping costs.

I wanted to let you all know why we even started this business in the first place.

I shop online all the time, I've bought a TV, books, tools, security cameras, clothing, software, etc online. Talking specifically about clothing, I bought online because I couldn't find a lot of independent brands locally. Online, I can spend my time looking through the whole catalog, whereas in the store, it would be a little weird if I hung around for an hour looking through everything piece by piece. I also enjoyed the greater selection of goods and sizes available. Online shopping did have some downsides though. These downsides in addition to my passion for streetwear and entrepreneurial spirit brought me to create this web store. While building this website/business, I tried to address all the problems I ever had with other online stores. I knew there was a better way of doing things. Here are some of the things I experienced and some promises I will make to our customer.

1. Coupon Codes

I had been shopping at one of the largest streetwear sites in the US for quite a few years. The way they promoted their site, they kind of got me into the habit of looking for a coupon code before I bought anything. I always wanted something to help offset the price of shipping to Canada, not because I was looking for discounted clothes... clothing is not an economic decision for me.. but thats a whole other story. Anyways, I had a feeling that any time you used a coupon code, it would just increase the shipping amount so there would be no discount at all. I tested it and it was true. What the f... right? I wrote about this on my personal blog in 2007, so this was before I even started working on this project. I don't know if its still happening now, because I've never been back since I discovered how shady the company was. We promise that when you use a coupon code on our site, you will receive the discount you expect.

2. Processing Times

My girlfriends birthday was coming up and I bought her a 10 Deep tee from the other large streetwear site in the US. I paid for express shipping to make sure I got the shirt in time for her birthday. The company took almost 2 weeks to ship my order out. What a complete waste of money to pay for express shipping when they take an unreasonable amount of time to ship the product out. Thats not all. When my package finally arrived after my girlfriends birthday had passed, the shirt was missing from the order! My girlfriend thinks I lied about ordering her a present now. So I get on the phone to notify the company that I'm missing an item, but of course, they are nowhere to be found. I tried multiple emails... nothing. Finally, after many attempts and another 2 weeks, I finally get in touch with them and they send the shirt out. "Hey baby...I know its 2 1/2 weeks late, but..." We promise to ship out your order in a timely manner, usually the same or next business day.

3. Shipping Costs

There isn't really a story about this one, but coming from an experienced online shopper, watch out for this. If you ever shopped on ebay, you know what I'm talking about. The store/seller will lower the price of the goods to make them look attractive, but when you go to checkout, the shipping price is much higher than it should be. Our store is linked to UPS and Canada Post, so all the shipping rates are directly from them. We charge what UPS and Canada Post charge us. We promise to never mark up shipping costs.

No funny business, no fine print, this is how it is...

staysupreme 08-19-2009 11:27 AM

Loving the brands you're carrying, especially IIIVIR, Mishka, Know1edge.

Will drop by soon!

originalhypa 08-16-2010 12:47 PM

I <3 the Blackmarkers

hal0g0dv2 05-04-2011 08:47 PM

hey what happend to the site

Machi604 05-17-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7420999)
hey what happend to the site

Looks like it's under construction until the summer... damn, was gonna order a few things too lol :(
Hopefully they have alot of nice new stuff coming out though..

van19 09-10-2011 08:51 PM

Why's the site link to Karmaloop

theBlackMarkers 09-11-2011 12:29 AM

To make it short, we have been hacked :devil:

Legal dispute is underway. We will hopefully be back in a few weeks. Our retail store is open in Richmond if you want to do some shopping!

G 09-25-2011 05:06 PM

Any ETA on when the site will be back up? :)

PiuYi 10-06-2011 01:14 AM

^+1

when will site be back up? don't want to drag my fatass out to parkerplace until i know what i'm getting/get to pick it up

k3lv 10-12-2011 01:01 PM

I was there over the weekend just to see if they could process anything but still no luck. The lady said approx another 2 weeks before its up again. Thats what she said.

theBlackMarkers 10-21-2011 12:28 PM

Site will be up shortly. Stay tuned for BIG ANNOUNCEMENT.

Will not disappoint! Promise!

k3lv 10-23-2011 03:03 PM

Nice to see your site is up now! Cannot wait to hear what you guys got in store for us.

XplicitLuder 10-23-2011 04:23 PM

so maybe it's good thing i saved my free card :ahwow:

k3lv 10-25-2011 08:27 PM

btw the .ca site seems to work but the .com still re-directs to karmaloop