REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Insurance Coverage (non automotive)

Hey guys,

Im at a point where i think i should start considering/getting insurance for myself but i dont know where to start. I did some preliminary research and i feel like im still as confused as i was when i first started.

Im under the impression that, as a student with no dependants, i dont really need insurance. True or false? Im a little over halfway through my engineering degree (with some debt) and im not sure if i should just wait until i graduate before i start thinking about it.

Who do i talk to about these kinds of things? Im asking here first because im a little leery about asking someone at a bank or insurance company about this where they are trying to get me to buy things.

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
SeanJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
Unauthourized Spammer

I would suggest you don't bother with insurance unless you are at a point in your life where other people rely on you for financial support.

Insurance companies always try and get you to buy a policy or plan but in most cases it is not important right away.

The only advantage of buying younger is cheaper premiums however assuming you are in your early 20's, the price will not be much more, if at all, in 10 years time.

Long story short - wait.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
HELP ME PLS!!!

unless you have a mortage or kids I woudln't worry about it.

wait till you get a job and they might provide it for you. mine does.
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

alright, thanks guys
SeanJohn is offline   Reply With Quote