REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Mens Shoes (cheap to designer sort of a rant) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/581415-mens-shoes-cheap-designer-sort-rant.html)

StylinRed 07-04-2009 01:51 AM

Mens Shoes (cheap to designer sort of a rant)

Ok so i used to only buy brands like hush puppies or cole haans gordon rush shoes and they were nice... loafers/oxfords btw, the hush puppies actually seem the best when spending a day walking in them

but recently i've been enjoying the look of Aldo shoes so i bought a bunch of them but spending a day in them kills my feet... callouses(sp) a plenty etc

so i was like screw it so i went out and bought a few pairs of designer shoes that looked great and i assumed would feel great i got some Ferragamo, Gucci and Dior shoes.....

well spending a day walking in them the bottoms of my feet feel great the top of my feet are a different story though really only with the ferragamo (im assuming the way they sewed it) it was scratching the top of my foot and it was annoying the other 2 were relatively okay

aside from the comfort factor.... the colour on the leather gets onto my socks! (not the Diors btw but they're white) im wearing cream/tan coloured silky(dunno the exact material) socks

but yeah wtf -_- cheap shoes suck and expensive shoes seem to suck too the comfort factor is slightly better than the mid-ranged priced shoes that i used to buy but the issue of the colour falling off... is like wth -_-

so what shoes do you guys wear and do you have similar problems

Marco911 07-04-2009 04:22 AM

First of all, while shoes do wear-in, if they don't feel comfortable in the store, they will never feel comfortable. Aldo shoes are junk, but some of the designer shoes like Dior are more about style than comfort. The leather used is also very stiff and won't conform to the shape of your feet. Certain styles of shoes fit certain types of feet better. The leather in the interior of the shoe is never colored so I'm not sure why you think the color is leeching onto your socks?

I'm a huge fan of John Lobb shoes and I pretty much wear their shoes exclusively now. They look great and are super comfortable.

As for socks, forget those thin rayon/nylon socks that flatten when they absorb sweat and get something with a little more padding like a cotton/wool blend. I wear Marcoliani socks, which you can get online.

StylinRed 07-04-2009 12:00 PM

Ill try John Lobb

well the Ferragamo shoes and Dior i ordered from bluefly and the ferragamo had paper stuffed into the shoe to keep its shape and when i pulled that out that was already coloured brown.. and wearing them for a day coloured my socks

and neither of the designer brands felt ba when i put em on its after having them on for a few hours

i didnt really have much of a problem with the Dior they just didn't seem to stack up above and beyond the typical HP/ColeH/etc

they were all better than aldo tho

sexyaccord 07-04-2009 11:19 PM

the last pair of prada loafers felt really stiff when I first bought it, but after about 1 month or 2 when it was broken in, i had no problems at all.

Meowjin 07-05-2009 04:50 AM

i love my ferragamos.

ilvtofu 07-05-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco911 (Post 6493478)
First of all, while shoes do wear-in, if they don't feel comfortable in the store, they will never feel comfortable. Aldo shoes are junk, but some of the designer shoes like Dior are more about style than comfort. The leather used is also very stiff and won't conform to the shape of your feet. Certain styles of shoes fit certain types of feet better. The leather in the interior of the shoe is never colored so I'm not sure why you think the color is leeching onto your socks?

I'm a huge fan of John Lobb shoes and I pretty much wear their shoes exclusively now. They look great and are super comfortable.

As for socks, forget those thin rayon/nylon socks that flatten when they absorb sweat and get something with a little more padding like a cotton/wool blend. I wear Marcoliani socks, which you can get online.

Nice marco socks for marco911,
Oo i've actually had that leather thing happen before, it wasn't dyed but i dunno my socks came out brownish... I don't have HK feet or nething like that...

hongy 07-05-2009 11:38 AM

^^ What's HK feet

StylinRed 07-05-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongy (Post 6494896)
^^ What's HK feet

stinky feet lol

and i wore them again the other day and it sorta coloured my socks but not as much as the first pair... so they must have had some sort of dye/polish get in the inside but its almost gone(on the ferragamos havent worn the gucci's again)

"anger falling"

bosszeekio 07-06-2009 12:27 AM

i have a pair of aldos and use them for work they are very comfortable

sas 07-06-2009 07:00 PM

The Cole Haan Nike air series have worked the best for me in terms of comfort. Not the prettiest but comfy and more handsome than most. Try these.

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...RUE,howMany=20

Surprisingly, my Donald J Pliners are also quite comfy as well as my Boss shoes. I wear my Boss shoes the most and they're comfortable enough.

Harvey Specter 07-06-2009 07:20 PM

Yup, Aldo have the worst quality shoes ever but you get what you pay for. Also stay away from Kenneth Cole shoes and Hugo Boss, way too overpriced for the quality you’re getting.

3xta 07-07-2009 12:23 AM

I heard Common Projects are really worth it.

Durrann1984 07-07-2009 12:31 AM

yeah aldo shoes arent great at all

!SG 07-07-2009 11:42 AM

=( but i love my kenneth cole driving shoes!

they feel good, and with an memory foam insole, are really comfy.

http://www.damnilikethat.com/wp-cont...tion-drive.jpg

no dress shoe is suppose to feel comfortable for a long time... if u want comfort, wear fuzzy slippers all day long =P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri (Post 6496874)
Yup, Aldo have the worst quality shoes ever but you get what you pay for. Also stay away from Kenneth Cole shoes and Hugo Boss, way too overpriced for the quality you’re getting.

unit 07-07-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3xta (Post 6497341)
I heard Common Projects are really worth it.

arent they an overpriced sneaker brand? $400 for a pair of chuck-look-alikes.. yeah, real worth it

3xta 07-07-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 6497811)
arent they an overpriced sneaker brand? $400 for a pair of chuck-look-alikes.. yeah, real worth it

There are more different designs then the ones that look like chucks. There is a resemblance, but i heard the quality, build, and comfort of the shoes are superb.

I really want a pair of these, but they are quite pricey.

http://ns1.revolveclothing.com/image...Z73_V1-BIG.jpg

nosleepboy87 07-07-2009 06:44 PM

I wear cole haan nike air series shoes, its about all i wear now since i can be in them all day without feeling tired. If shoes don't feel right when you walk in the store, they won't feel comfortable when you take them home. I personally have 5 pairs of cole haan dress shoes i rotate everyday.

Dior, Gucci, Prada are mainly crap in terms of quality and comfort.

If you are paying that much money for shoes, just go to Allen Edmonds or Berluti tailored shoes.

Sid Vicious 07-07-2009 07:01 PM

i got a pair of ann demeulemeester boots, raf simons high tops, rick owens boots and soon to be rick owens sneaks...never had a problem with any of them in terms of comfort/quality

you guys are buying the wrong designer brands hah hah

3xta 07-07-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosleepboy87 (Post 6498331)
I wear cole haan nike air series shoes, its about all i wear now since i can be in them all day without feeling tired. If shoes don't feel right when you walk in the store, they won't feel comfortable when you take them home. I personally have 5 pairs of cole haan dress shoes i rotate everyday.

Dior, Gucci, Prada are mainly crap in terms of quality and comfort.

If you are paying that much money for shoes, just go to Allen Edmonds or Berluti tailored shoes.

I actually heard Dior was really good compared to gucci, prada, etc..

nosleepboy87 07-07-2009 07:30 PM

you heard or you actually have a pair?

o yes
if you are buying dress shoes, make sure they r leather soles damit
i just dont understand why eveyrone wears rubber sole dress shoes....

StylinRed 07-26-2009 03:51 AM

bit of an update

the dye running issue hasnt subsided, so i emailed customer care of the respective designers

and the reply was this was common for certain styles of their shoes as the interior is un-lined so its just the bare dyed leather :/

nosleepboy87 07-27-2009 06:39 PM

dude....just stick with cole haans, nike air or the ones without, still very comfy IMO. I have both and i love them. seriouslly....they are not as expensive as some of the big name designer brands but they are 10 times the comfort

staysupreme 08-19-2009 11:21 AM

Clarks desert boots or wallabees