REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #3226
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
j.f0ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 809
Thanked 1,392 Times in 251 Posts
Picked up a pair of dunk acs this weekend. Excuse the instagram pic
Advertisement
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #3227
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,245
Thanked 1,197 Times in 389 Posts
Got these flyknits:


and a pair of Black APC PS from RESN.
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #3228
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
03-youngD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: surrey
Posts: 135
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Where did you pick up ur flyknits? Those are nicceeee
Posted via RS Mobile
03-youngD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #3229
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,245
Thanked 1,197 Times in 389 Posts
Got them from road runner sports!
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #3230
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
H.Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: y
Posts: 1,122
Thanked 4,296 Times in 535 Posts
gitman vintage bros in blue oxford




w+h twill in navy



BB extra slim supima cotton
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #3231
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 890
Thanked 312 Times in 170 Posts
that GBV ocbd is so nice!
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2013, 01:50 AM   #3232
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
hongy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 3,698
Thanked 608 Times in 234 Posts
engineered colourblocked crewneck sweater

westpoint twill chino pant in ox blood


and monday I'm getting the melton wool peacoat in grey
__________________
Van Tech Students JOIN!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret1 View Post
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2013, 02:04 AM   #3233
Mod.
 
!Nhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: east vanner
Posts: 7,132
Thanked 1,768 Times in 683 Posts


got me another pair of gustins. these are the black2s. decided to give slim jeans a try lol
__________________
NiteShadow
flickR
93 Civic Si (RIP)
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #3234
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 363
Thanked 54 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongy View Post
peacoat in grey
Not trying to be a dick at all, because I've wanted that peacoat since the day I saw pictures of it a few months back but...

What's your justification in spending almost $1,000 on that when you can buy a navy-issue peacoat from a brand like Sterlingwear for under $200 + spending $50-$100 on tailoring it and having a peacoat that will trump the W+H coat in terms of quality and fit? I knew the W+H coat was going to be expensive but $880 + tax is pushing it.

Oh and if I can give you a piece of advice, the Gastown Shop Hop is on October 17th and Roden Grey will most likely have a 10-20% off sale so I suggest waiting until then to purchase it.
Delatocious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #3235
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 890
Thanked 312 Times in 170 Posts
How's the new westpoint chinos fit? I remember trying them on when they first released them and the leg opening was really wide. I heard they slimmed it down but is it by much?
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #3236
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 363
Thanked 54 Times in 25 Posts
^ No. Which reminds me, I need to take my pairs to the tailor to get tapered.
Delatocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #3237
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 890
Thanked 312 Times in 170 Posts
Really?! Last time I was at Roden, the SA told me they changed the style of the westpoint chino and it is much more slim than before. My size was all sold out so I couldn't try it on =/ I also read similar comments on r/mfa :O
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #3238
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
hongy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 3,698
Thanked 608 Times in 234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delatocious View Post
Not trying to be a dick at all, because I've wanted that peacoat since the day I saw pictures of it a few months back but...

What's your justification in spending almost $1,000 on that when you can buy a navy-issue peacoat from a brand like Sterlingwear for under $200 + spending $50-$100 on tailoring it and having a peacoat that will trump the W+H coat in terms of quality and fit? I knew the W+H coat was going to be expensive but $880 + tax is pushing it.

Oh and if I can give you a piece of advice, the Gastown Shop Hop is on October 17th and Roden Grey will most likely have a 10-20% off sale so I suggest waiting until then to purchase it.
Honestly...I am finding it hard to justify, when I saw the coat months ago I was assuming around 700? The coat feels great, fits well, colour, etc. I don't know much about coats, so for me it's been: find a coat I like, it fits well, buy.

If you have any suggestions on brands I should look for I'd appreciate it. For refrence, I am 6 feet tall.. around 145lb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetazeta View Post
How's the new westpoint chinos fit? I remember trying them on when they first released them and the leg opening was really wide. I heard they slimmed it down but is it by much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delatocious View Post
^ No. Which reminds me, I need to take my pairs to the tailor to get tapered.
The chinos seem to be slimmer then last year, but no where near as slim as 2008/2009 versions.
__________________
Van Tech Students JOIN!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret1 View Post
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #3239
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 363
Thanked 54 Times in 25 Posts
I actually just saw the coat today and it's downright stunning. I still can't bring myself to spend that much on it but if you can, more power to you. If I can find one on sale towards the end of the season I'll purchase it for sure.

If/when you purchase it, do post some photos please.
Delatocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #3240
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
6793026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BC, HK, USA
Posts: 5,562
Thanked 1,334 Times in 466 Posts
i think the biggest difference when you start looking at Old Navy jackets to ones that are 800+ is the quality. You can easily pick them up side by side and the old navy ones are made with cheaper quality material. It's hard and rough just to touch; imagine this, when a girl hugs you, they can feel the roughness, whereas for jackets 1000+, it's soft, fabric is high quality and you don't mind hugging someone.
Rigid jackets is also something else to consider, 5 dollar Fruit of the Loom underwear is cotton, Calvin Klein is $25 but the spandex material just molds to your figure a lot come.

lastly, the fill. Old Navy jackets you wear it as if it's just a jacket, for expensive jcakets, it is actually warm as it's filled (maybe with down inside). You get into your accord, you WANT to take off ur old navy jacket, but vice versa, you don't mind being in ur nice jacket as it is comfy.
Of course, obviously, the jacket does last a bit longer than an old navy jacket.
__________________
Arguing on the internet is like running in the SPECIAL OLYMPICS.

Even if you win, you're still retarded.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #3241
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 363
Thanked 54 Times in 25 Posts
I think you misread my post. No one mentioned anything about Old Navy. I said "navy-issue", meaning that the brand Sterlingwear manufactures their peacoats for the US Navy.
Delatocious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #3242
Say NO to blade grinders!
 
Expresso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,513
Thanked 995 Times in 444 Posts
Lol Old Navy.

So looks like the w+h sale might not happen this year saw it on their twitter.
Posted via RS Mobile
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #3243
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
hongy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 3,698
Thanked 608 Times in 234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delatocious View Post
I actually just saw the coat today and it's downright stunning. I still can't bring myself to spend that much on it but if you can, more power to you. If I can find one on sale towards the end of the season I'll purchase it for sure.

If/when you purchase it, do post some photos please.
Unfortunately I broke my phone... So coat money turned into new phone money.
__________________
Van Tech Students JOIN!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret1 View Post
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #3244
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
H.Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: y
Posts: 1,122
Thanked 4,296 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Specter View Post
gitman vintage bros in blue oxford


Quote:
Originally Posted by zetazeta View Post
that GBV ocbd is so nice!
This OBCD is up for grabs, will give discount for fellow fashionbrah's. PM me

http://www.revscene.net/forums/68912...blue-sz-m.html

Last edited by H.Specter; 10-11-2013 at 01:46 PM.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #3245
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 576
Thanked 162 Times in 58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
i think the biggest difference when you start looking at Old Navy jackets to ones that are 800+ is the quality. You can easily pick them up side by side and the old navy ones are made with cheaper quality material. It's hard and rough just to touch; imagine this, when a girl hugs you, they can feel the roughness, whereas for jackets 1000+, it's soft, fabric is high quality and you don't mind hugging someone.
Rigid jackets is also something else to consider, 5 dollar Fruit of the Loom underwear is cotton, Calvin Klein is $25 but the spandex material just molds to your figure a lot come.

lastly, the fill. Old Navy jackets you wear it as if it's just a jacket, for expensive jcakets, it is actually warm as it's filled (maybe with down inside). You get into your accord, you WANT to take off ur old navy jacket, but vice versa, you don't mind being in ur nice jacket as it is comfy.
Of course, obviously, the jacket does last a bit longer than an old navy jacket.
This post gave me a good laugh. Dont know if he is serious or messing with you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post

tilt your head back and using your hand pretend to shake a salt shaker in your mouth... you will notice that it will actually taste like salt in your mouth..
elwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #3246
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
triplexcel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Burnaby
Posts: 1,592
Thanked 51 Times in 18 Posts
__________________
"commit to the lift"

2008 TSX 6spd
2002 WRX - gone
2008 Honda Civic - gone


My Feedback
triplexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #3247
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
ilovebacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Thanked 1,268 Times in 303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs604 View Post


Where did u buy that first Hoodie? It looks nice.
Posted via RS Mobile
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #3248
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 890
Thanked 312 Times in 170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Specter View Post
This OBCD is up for grabs, will give discount for fellow fashionbrah's. PM me

http://www.revscene.net/forums/68912...blue-sz-m.html
why oh why oh why is it a size m and not s?! I woulda copped in an instant!
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #3249
Need my Daily Fix of RS
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: 604
Posts: 268
Thanked 316 Times in 51 Posts
just picked up a pair of woven Nike Free Innevas from Nordstrom in Seattle.

buddha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #3250
My homepage has been set to RS
 
RevYouUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,040
Thanked 1,735 Times in 435 Posts
Do you guys think the Target in Richmond at Lansdowne will stock the Philip Lim collection? I want that sweater!!

RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net