REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 12-11-2015, 08:13 PM   #4001
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post

Every project I finish launching I always buy myself a new pair of shoes. By far the comfiest pair of designers I own to date. I SWEAR.
you must own a lot of shoes then
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:33 PM   #4002
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,751 Times in 1,182 Posts
My new prescription:

Full Carbon Fiber goodness

Also, does anyone know where I can still order this year color Canada Goose jacket? Particularly the white/silver Mystique.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:09 PM   #4003
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
My new prescription:

Full Carbon Fiber goodness

Also, does anyone know where I can still order this year color Canada Goose jacket? Particularly the white/silver Mystique.
get it from cg's website, mine took a week to arrive, free shipping.

edit: looks like that color is sold out, gl. try harry's. they kept hanging up on me though, so fk em
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2016, 06:07 PM   #4004
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Men's Club DIESEL Cardigan
xjabboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #4005
God of Unce

In the market for a new wallet or moneyclip/card holder..

What's good out there?
Old 02-28-2016, 09:28 PM   #4006
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
My best friend got me a pair of Burberry Prorsum shoes... best friends are awesome...
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:33 PM   #4007
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

http://www.rudsak.com/en/women/roya-black

bought this about a month and a half ago instead of a mackage.
i think mackage is played out and doesnt have a lot of winter styles. everybody has the same jacket lol

this looks a lot better unzipped. the fur will not be cut off and goes all around. its also very versatile i can do a 2 different styles with that jacket and the fur comes off as well.

good investment! super happy and didnt need to spend over 1g for leather sleeves

Last edited by guurl; 02-28-2016 at 10:46 PM.
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:00 AM   #4008
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

picked this up last week one of the best looking jackets out there
mackage is played for women but not mens imo^^^
iHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #4009
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
i have the rudsak male bomber.
it was 20% off. It was lamb skin, down inside, rabbit and fox fur for the hood.
at 1100 tax in, couldn't pass up a good deal.

mackage just didn't have the features or the quality of leather so i passed and bought the rudsak
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2016, 08:52 PM   #4010
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Where do you guys get your Allen Edmonds???

Harry Rosen only had about five or six styles, Freedman shoes locations are apparently Town Shoes locations now and don't carry it, Manuel Fernandes just closed door.

I'm going to Ingledew on Thursday. Thanks to the exchange rate, getting a pair online through their website would cost a lot more than purchasing locally. Also checked Amazon already...

TIA
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2016, 09:31 PM   #4011

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3mps View Post

Harry Rosen only had about five or six styles, Freedman shoes locations are apparently Town Shoes locations now and don't carry it, Manuel Fernandes just closed door.

I'm going to Ingledew on Thursday. Thanks to the exchange rate, getting a pair online through their website would cost a lot more than purchasing locally. Also checked Amazon already...

TIA
I just placed my order for an Allen Edmonds Strand in Bourbon last week.
Had it shipped to Blaine so I'll be going there to pick it up this weekend.
I ordered a factory second from Shoebank and they had really great price for that particular colour which was fine by me because I thought walnut would have been too bright for my suit anyway.

Just punch in your size and it'll filter out whatever they have in that size and will show which shoebank location has stock. Just call them up to place the order. Just FIY they did add WA tax on my order. After exchange it's still much cheaper than to buy locally.

I can't wait.

Unlike some who shall present and loudly proclaim "Have at it master!"
joquio is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2016, 10:46 PM   #4012

Quote:
Originally Posted by joquio View Post
I just placed my order for an Allen Edmonds Strand in Bourbon last week.
Had it shipped to Blaine so I'll be going there to pick it up this weekend.
I ordered a factory second from Shoebank and they had really great price for that particular colour which was fine by me because I thought walnut would have been too bright for my suit anyway.

Just punch in your size and it'll filter out whatever they have in that size and will show which shoebank location has stock. Just call them up to place the order. Just FIY they did add WA tax on my order. After exchange it's still much cheaper than to buy locally.

I can't wait.
I'm not going to bother with Shoebank. Friends and coworkers have had mixed results using Shoebank.

A few of them had very noticeable scuffs that couldn't be removed, and one co-worker had the wrong color shipped to him.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #4013

Quote:
I'm not going to bother with Shoebank. Friends and coworkers have had mixed results using Shoebank.

A few of them had very noticeable scuffs that couldn't be removed, and one co-worker had the wrong color shipped to him.
Now you got me worried.
I've read great things about their factory seconds so I thought it was safe to give it a try.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:27 PM   #4014
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Nordstrom in DT Vancouver should have about 6-8 styles. Supposedly The Bay has em too but I haven't seen em and Club Monaco has 2-3 styles.
noTirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:00 PM   #4015
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:

TIA
Got my walnut Strands when they had a factory seconds sale, it was $199 USD + shipping/tax. I don't remember if it was via shoebank or their main website. Totally worth it though, there's a tiny spot (about 0.3-0.4cm diameter) on the leather which I'm assuming is the blemish that made it a second. Otherwise it's perfect.

Unfortunately I sized mine a bit too narrow (got D when I'm supposed to be E)... I loosen up the laces as much as I can and wear thin socks :P

If i do end up getting another pair it would be in bourbon colour!
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:16 PM   #4016
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
I have two pairs from shoebank, minor imperfections in the outside heel. Otherwise, beautiful broguing and no other noticeable flaws. Would buy again.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:43 PM   #4017

Quote:
Now you got me worried.
I've read great things about their factory seconds so I thought it was safe to give it a try.
I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.
The positive experiences outnumber the negative ones for the people I know.

On the plus side, AE's customer service is second to none

If I can't find anything locally, I'll wait out until mid April when they are expected to have an anniversary sale like they did in April of the last two years.

Last edited by k3mps; 03-09-2016 at 08:28 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2016, 10:45 PM   #4018

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetazeta View Post
Got my walnut Strands when they had a factory seconds sale, it was $199 USD + shipping/tax. I don't remember if it was via shoebank or their main website. Totally worth it though, there's a tiny spot (about 0.3-0.4cm diameter) on the leather which I'm assuming is the blemish that made it a second. Otherwise it's perfect.

Unfortunately I sized mine a bit too narrow (got D when I'm supposed to be E)... I loosen up the laces as much as I can and wear thin socks :P

If i do end up getting another pair it would be in bourbon colour!
Just to let you know there are still stock left for Bourbon Strand, at least in my size 10D for USD$177

This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2016, 09:45 AM   #4019
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Hows the fitting with AE's? Would you guys recommend I go into nordstrom for a fitting first, or are they pretty standard?

If there only $180 USD....
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:03 PM   #4020

Give this a try? You can print it out and find the right size width for yourself.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...MQ28s1QY-LHHNg

Old 03-10-2016, 05:31 PM   #4021
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Definitely fit in person. The widths make a big difference. You don't want any bowing on your shoes or improper fit to the cork sole.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2016, 08:11 PM   #4022
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,324 Times in 5,641 Posts
i bought my AE online, typically in most "fitted" brands i'm a 10.5 EEE, so rolled the dice on a pair which was on sale my exact size. Fit like a glove luckily lol..

Dunno if you guys who bought the Dayton service boot still linger in this thread, but what are your thoughts on them now you've had them for a while?

Mine are just over a year old now in the Nubuck. Cant say i'm overly impressed for the $600 price tag.

After rejecting the pair they had in stock which was close to my size, as i wanted the custom made pair, the pair they made for me is slightly too big.. the width is right but the length is at least a half size too big unfortunately..

I wear them without any insoles and have from the beginning as they have the true leather insole stitched into the boot. This insole is suppose to mold to your feet over time and i feel like mine has, however with the slightly too long boot, i have a hard time lacing them up tight enough to really feel like they are wrapping around my foot.

occasionally when i wear them for long periods of time i feel like i get slight shin splints as well from having to kind of "pick up" the boot with my step to make up for the oversize..

Have never used their boot oil on them because it takes away from the nubuck finish, have been mainly using an aerosol mink oil which seems to hydrate well without rubbing the material down.

Will take some pics of the wear when i have a sec.

Overall the boot is far more fashionable than my RedWings 877's, but the RW's are like slipping on a pillow compared to the Daytons imo.

still nice, and the build quality is probably worth it.. however at the time if the initial fitting i just wanted them and probably didnt take enough time to really try them out after the 5 month delay..
Old 03-10-2016, 09:35 PM   #4023
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

How much room are you talking about and what kind of socks are you wearing? If the bend in your foot lines up with the widest part of the boot then you should be fine. You're supposed to have extra toe room with boots (at least 1/2 inch and as much as an inch and a bit).

Foot volume, in-step and arches even the way you lace them can also affect fit.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:49 AM   #4024
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Just to let you know there are still stock left for Bourbon Strand, at least in my size 10D for USD$177
Thanks but I'm an 8.5E. No money to spend on another pair of strands considering I've worn mine about 5 times in the last 12 months.. Have yet to buy dress pants that go with it haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
i bought my AE online, typically in most "fitted" brands i'm a 10.5 EEE, so rolled the dice on a pair which was on sale my exact size. Fit like a glove luckily lol..

Dunno if you guys who bought the Dayton service boot still linger in this thread, but what are your thoughts on them now you've had them for a while?

Mine are just over a year old now in the Nubuck. Cant say i'm overly impressed for the $600 price tag.

After rejecting the pair they had in stock which was close to my size, as i wanted the custom made pair, the pair they made for me is slightly too big.. the width is right but the length is at least a half size too big unfortunately..

I wear them without any insoles and have from the beginning as they have the true leather insole stitched into the boot. This insole is suppose to mold to your feet over time and i feel like mine has, however with the slightly too long boot, i have a hard time lacing them up tight enough to really feel like they are wrapping around my foot.

occasionally when i wear them for long periods of time i feel like i get slight shin splints as well from having to kind of "pick up" the boot with my step to make up for the oversize..

Have never used their boot oil on them because it takes away from the nubuck finish, have been mainly using an aerosol mink oil which seems to hydrate well without rubbing the material down.

Will take some pics of the wear when i have a sec.

Overall the boot is far more fashionable than my RedWings 877's, but the RW's are like slipping on a pillow compared to the Daytons imo.

still nice, and the build quality is probably worth it.. however at the time if the initial fitting i just wanted them and probably didnt take enough time to really try them out after the 5 month delay..
I was really close to buying a pair of vibergs but brooklyn clothing co (located in alberta and van) were absolute dicks about it so i told em to fuck off and decided to grab a pair of daytons.

I got mine in the brown pull-up horween leather and absolutely love it. I got mine custom made but for some reason the owner was in the shop that day and felt generous and gave me a 20% discount. Worked out to be a touch over 500 after taxes (I opted for the dainite sole which cost extra). The only complaint I have is the tongue is extremely thin.... the leather is much thinner than the samples I was looking at, and when I asked about it they said it's like that and there's nothing they can do. Wasn't too pleased about that but it hasn't bothered me at all since that initial day.

Mainly wear them with those merino wool socks from Costco (as my boots are also a tad bit too big; for reference, I'm about 8.5E in AE's, 9 or 42 in almost everything else and I got these in a 7.5 EEE). They fit great with the thicker wool socks on and are extremely comfortable.

I saw the charcoal nubucks in stock when I was ordering them; thought they looked amazing in person but I wanted this pair of boots to be worn 'rough' and I didn't think the nubucks would age nicely.

10/10 would cop again.
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2016, 09:15 AM   #4025
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
@hondaracer, try wearing thick wool socks. It helps with my boots which are a touch too big.

I've never been high on Daytons either.

Last edited by Expresso; 03-11-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote