REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 10-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #801
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
lol, talk about making fun of ppl when your profile says you drive a c230 MB. Thats what ppl do who want to say "I drive a Benz" , but thats a whole different story. Anyways read the C230 threads out there, making fun of ppl driving c230 hatchbacks have been covered.
I'll give you that, there's lots of lemmings out there that buy luxury vehicles just to say they own one, plus many who buy the lowest model just to say they own one. Thankfully that's not my style, you'll notice I rarely care what others think - to my own detriment.

I had an account on MBWorld.org, I am well aware of the C230 sedan owners that trashed the C230 coupe for diminishing the value of the brand. These people are snobs, the lemmings that buy luxury vehicles just to own a luxury vehicle.

The coupe was about $8K cheaper than the sedan with similar options, and $25K cheaper than the CLK with similar options, plus the hatch is so much more convenient. If you check my posts in the business section you'll notice I praise value, not overpaying for something just cause a bunch of other snobby lemmings like it.

All that said, this is the fashion section. If you want to discuss my car start a thread in a different forum. This forum is for fashion choices, and I'll rightfully criticize overpriced shiny puffy jackets and any defense of "everyone else has one". Lots of people wear Ed Hardy shirts - doesn't make them any less of a douchebag.

Advertisement
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #802
Hyde's Understudy

^ i understand your comment about ed hardy and those related brands. But this jacket is Mackage, its not a douche brand, plus there is only one small "M" logo on the back, its not yelling look at me. Most ppl dont even know Mackage.

So lets say you take Tom Ford and he makes a shiny down jacket, is that jacket automatically a douche jacket b/c its "shiny and puffy"?
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #803
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Roughly 100-200.
Posted via RS Mobile
Anything of quality is going to run you much more than that. Buy a classic looking peacoat, treat it well, and it will last you your life and look good, always.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #804
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
^ i understand your comment about ed hardy and those related brands. But this jacket is Mackage, its not a douche brand, plus there is only one small "M" logo on the back, its not yelling look at me. Most ppl dont even know Mackage.

So lets say you take Tom Ford and he makes a shiny down jacket, is that jacket automatically a douche jacket b/c its "shiny and puffy"?
I just don't like the trendy big shiny puffy look, it reminds me of the sports pull over jackets of the 90s - trendy jackets that will soob be out of style. I tend to buy jackets now with classic styling that stands the test of time.

Do you remember these? This was the must have jacket of the 90s, every teen had one, I had a Bulls jacket. Looking back we must've looked like the douchebags of the 90s.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #805
I don't get it

so what do you wear taylor?
plain $5 shirts and pants bought from wholesale markets that have no brand?

PUPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #806
RS controls my life!

Quote:

sorry but mackage is the new north face and canada goose, except those two brands are actually functional.
filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #807
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUPPY View Post
so what do you wear taylor?
plain $5 shirts and pants bought from wholesale markets that have no brand?
Funny enough: t/golf shirts and jeans - or dress shirts/pants or jeans.

Picture the Bret Farve or Dale Earnhardt Jr ads for Wrangler jeans - classic, you know that guy can turn a wrench and does not own a murse.

Picture Vincent Chase from Entourage. Always stylish, yet never overly trendy or branded. I like Entourage, except for Turtle, the guys are not fashion victims yet still cool.

I hate being branded, if a company wants me to be a walking advertisement, they should pay me
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #808
My homepage has been set to RS

^True I dont like clothes that are essentially yelling their brand name. All the entourage boys got good style btw haha

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #809
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
W+H sample sale last year was on the first weekend of December. 3 days. I'm not sure if there's a mailing list but I guess keep your eyes open on SF and sufu to find out?
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #810
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post

Do you remember these? This was the must have jacket of the 90s, every teen had one, I had a Bulls jacket. Looking back we must've looked like the douchebags of the 90s.

I had the exact same jacket,except mine was black.I remember taking the bus going to all the stores looking for one,due to them being so popular,they were sold out almost everywhere.It was weird going to school and seeing all the kids wearing the same bulls jacket or the same type of jacket except with a different team logo.

Wish I still had mine,I would wear it once in a while just to be different from everyone else.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #811
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Funny enough: t/golf shirts and jeans - or dress shirts/pants or jeans.

Picture the Bret Farve or Dale Earnhardt Jr ads for Wrangler jeans - classic, you know that guy can turn a wrench and does not own a murse.

Picture Vincent Chase from Entourage. Always stylish, yet never overly trendy or branded. I like Entourage, except for Turtle, the guys are not fashion victims yet still cool.

I hate being branded, if a company wants me to be a walking advertisement, they should pay me
i like how you use brett favre as an example. the diva whos a gigantic attention whore. and also sent pics of his junk to a chick who wouldnt do him
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #812
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts

Super Dry "Orange Label" Cardi, yes or no?
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #813
Hyde's Understudy

^who cares what ppl think, get it if u like it
Old 10-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #814
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
^who cares what ppl think, get it if u like it
never had SuperDry before and I'm sure people here have tried it so I thought i'd get some input on their quality and fitting.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #815
Hyde's Understudy

^ i dont really like that brand, but it looks nice!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #816
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
does it look nice on you, if it does just get it, unless you're buying online
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #817
Banned (ABWS)

buying online, that's the main reason I posted this up since I don't have the chance to test fit it.

I've got broader shoulders and a more athletic build but I'm not too sure if SuperDry is for more slim/leaner builds which will make it look awkward on me.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #818
Need my Daily Fix of RS

looks pretty nice, but for the cost is it really worth it? you can get a pretty similar one at american apparell for 3 times less the price? i think AA is selling cardigans like that for 45$? Yea if you're an athletic build, and broad shoulders and in between a M-L go for an L, assuming the fitting is like their tshirts.
azn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #819
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Adidas Hoody
Undefeated T-shirt
Undefeated Touque
Goodwood Jesus Piece
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #820
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
durant swingman

plz dont fail me
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #821
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
durant swingman
plz dont fail me
I've ordered one of these don't fail me either!

Old 10-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #822
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post

Super Dry "Orange Label" Cardi, yes or no?
thats nice! yes

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #823
Banned (ABWS)

was gonna grab the white one but someone at school had it before me
WhatTheKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #824
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I just don't like the trendy big shiny puffy look, it reminds me of the sports pull over jackets of the 90s - trendy jackets that will soob be out of style. I tend to buy jackets now with classic styling that stands the test of time.

i remember having one just like that when i was a kid :|
WhatTheKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #825
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
failed to get the diesel weghy a year ago now i got this before its sold out again...

Just picked this up today at Holt Renfrew... 408.XX after taxes if I remember correctly.

As of today, no more S and M in Black / Charcoal.
One medium left in Navy

The rest are large / xlarge / xxlarge

Talked with the salesperson and they told me that its been around for about two months and received 3 shipments... so its unlikely for another to come, hopefully everybody that wanted it got it already!

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /