REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   youth crime? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/581739-youth-crime.html)

kchan 07-07-2009 08:12 AM

youth crime?

So yea.. i committed 2 felonies back when i was 16 :p assault and assault causing bodily damage, i plead guilty but was only sentenced to community services etc. no youth record, fast forward im 18 now (technically if i had a youth criminal record it should be erased correct?) but the weird thing was... when i came back from the states (for a quick jack in the box run:thumbsup:)
me and some friends got sent to the side at the border, officer comes up to me
"so... have you been arrested before?"
me: "yea"
"for what? stabbing someone? beating someone up?"
then i jus told him assault

fast forward, what im trying to say is.. even though i dont have a youth criminal record.. how is my history with crimes like these showing up? or will they disappear after like 5 years? secondly, how much info are the border people suppose to know anyways? Because it really seemed like they sent us to the side was because of what i had done back when i was a little kid :p

CRS 07-07-2009 09:06 AM

I always thought that felonies and misdemeanors were an American thing? I never knew Canada had that?

And as per the border incident, those seems to be pretty general questions. By giving him an answer, you were just leading him on. And your youth criminal record gets sealed but is never "erased".

kchan 07-07-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6497587)
I always thought that felonies and misdemeanors were an American thing? I never knew Canada had that?

And as per the border incident, those seems to be pretty general questions. By giving him an answer, you were just leading him on. And your youth criminal record gets sealed but is never "erased".

the thing with that though, i dont have a youth criminal record.. and there was a car with 2 other guys, and just so happens to only ask me, with a hint of tone

underscore 07-07-2009 11:56 AM

^ I would assume he just randomly picked you out, and the tone obviously made you fess up to anything that might have been on your record

kchan 07-07-2009 12:37 PM

^
possibly.. but something about it just doesnt seem like it.. just wanted to make sure

johny 07-07-2009 03:30 PM

because you said yes to the border guy, it's probably now in his system forever LOL...

sho_bc 07-07-2009 07:14 PM

If you were convicted and sentenced, you have a criminal record. Sealed, but there. Asking people if they have a criminal record or have been arrested before is commonplace at the border. I get asked that more often than I don't.

As for picking you out, you may have been giving off signs of nervousness or something along those lines which peaked the interest of the guard, which lead to the questions.

We don't have felonies or misdemeanors here. And the proper term is "assault causing bodily harm".

And being 16 is not "a little kid", especially if you're only 18 now. A little kid is less than 12.

kchan 07-07-2009 07:40 PM

^
well when i was being sentenced, there was also my partner, he was sentenced with a youth criminal record but i was let go with a chance...
from what i have learned and asked about... even though i dont have a criminal record, the police still have that as a note on my file that i have commited the 2 assaults ( yes its causing bodily harm not damage, not something of the matter anyways ) but after a certain period (5 years? or when your 23?) its supposively erased
but youth record, its erased when your 18 to the public but is still shown the cops and wont be erased as the cops will always have it on the profile

What im trying to get an exact answer right now is that whats the year that youth crime will be completely erased off your profile when its not a criminal record?

oh and btw im refering to "little kid" is to me when i was younger and doing stupid shit, of course its just a term and really meaning as a real "little kid"

Burvs 07-09-2009 05:30 PM

Apply to pardons canada to have it wiped. this happens to so many people at the border, all you have to do is get pardons canada to get on it, takes them about 8 months.