REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 07-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Be persistent, some girls like that guys try for them, those are usually the attention whores who subject all topics in a conversation to themselves and their own problems.

yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #52
Need to Seek Professional Help

you sick fucks- lol. I swear, all this persistent persistent shit is only to make yourself feel better. Have you guys ever thought of what the girl would feel in this situation? Lol- what a selfish bunch of people.

Think for a sec here- they already rejected you yet you keep sticking to them with it being known that you "Love them so much." If I was the girl i'd be annoyed. Honestly- Can you guys even tell the difference between persistence and obsession?

Move the fuck on- it's not easier than being annoyingly obsessed with a girl. If you really like this girl- then disappear from her life, improve yourself, and try again. You're probably gonna be rejected again- but atleast you're better lolz. Being persistent w/o evaluating and improving yourself isn't gonna get you anywhere.

And don't tell me I don't understand because I understand this more than you guys would think and you know what? It's just stupid.

You keep doing this shit and they finally go out with you. Would you be happy if you found out that they only went out with you on the basis of pity? How shameful.

Wake up and stop ejaculating yourself with such stupid idealism.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #53
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

After reading her reply to my email, I'm ready to move on. By the time I get back to Vancouver from this trip, I'm sure I would have already thoroughly thought things through. She basically stated that we'll only be friends and that's probably what I needed to hear. It's great timing since I can still enjoy myself and forget about it on my trip, and so when I come back, I'm sure it won't have too big of an effect on me. About improving myself, there's things that I can improve on but I won't change my personality. Being a nice guy has worked great so far and this was just a situation where it didn't seem to work out for me. So honestly, if you're a nice guy, just be confident. I'm not gonna let this downfall break mine.

At this point, she's a bit weirded out strictly because she never thought this situation would be brought up between us. So, she'll probably need some time to feel comfortable hanging out again.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #54
I don't get it

I'm glad you are able to accept this and move on.

Please for the love of god, keep moving forward. It's annoying for her, as well as for any of your friends if 2 months down the road you end up moving backwards and fall for her again.

I know it's harsh but it's the truth. I had a girl who had a crush on me in HS and I rejected her. If she had kept pursuing me even after 1 year or so I'd be quite annoyed to be honest. If I don't like her, for whatever reason, then I SERIOUSLY don't want anything to do with her (though I wouldn't mind being a friend/acquaintance, but I'd expect her to accept this and not try to talk to me/hang around me all the time). No amount of persuading will help.

Now flip this around and apply it to the girl in your situation.

Same thing

Sorry man, but that's the way it is.
At least you're moving forward. Keep improving yourself. Plenty of fish in the sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchiecchi View Post
you sick fucks- lol. I swear, all this persistent persistent shit is only to make yourself feel better. Have you guys ever thought of what the girl would feel in this situation? Lol- what a selfish bunch of people.

Think for a sec here- they already rejected you yet you keep sticking to them with it being known that you "Love them so much." If I was the girl i'd be annoyed. Honestly- Can you guys even tell the difference between persistence and obsession?

Last edited by E=mc˛; 07-19-2009 at 08:21 PM.
E=mc˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #55
I don't get it

*accident double post*
Old 07-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #56
無敵

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXQBLGH View Post
I'm glad you are able to accept this and move on.

Please for the love of god, keep moving forward. It's annoying for her, as well as for any of your friends if 2 months down the road you end up moving backwards and fall for her again.

I know it's harsh but it's the truth. I had a girl who had a crush on me in HS and I rejected her. If she had kept pursuing me even after 1 year or so I'd be quite annoyed to be honest. If I don't like her, for whatever reason, then I SERIOUSLY don't want anything to do with her (though I wouldn't mind being a friend/acquaintance, but I'd expect her to accept this and not try to talk to me/hang around me all the time). No amount of persuading will help.

Now flip this around and apply it to the girl in your situation.

Same thing

Sorry man, but that's the way it is.
At least you're moving forward. Keep improving yourself. Plenty of fish in the sea.

Definitely true. Some people just can't get a hint and it's the most annoying thing ever. When they keep trying and trying even though you make it clear that you'll never be anything more than just friends.

Same thing with Holly's other thread... Just because a person feels bad for the perusing party, doesn't mean you should be nice to them.

It doesn't help anyone. You'll just get more irritated and the other party also thinks there's some sense of hope they make up in their heads so they continue to pursue a relationship with you.

Same for the friends thing. They support you and help you and then you fall back down the same road. It's the same thing as the boy who cried wolf, at some point people just give up on you because the same thing keeps happening after they try to help you over and over.

The ones that don't care will just to feed you with sugar coated words so that you feel better, but they just want to live their lives.
Just because some people give harsh advice it doesn't mean they don't understand or care. The world isn't all rainbows and butterflies. So take it for what it is and learn from it. It's when you ask for advice and don't take from it that people give up on you.

Look forward to the future. Better girls will come you way if you want them to.

PS. You can't call yourself a nice guy, that negates it completely.
Only other people can say that about you.
Plus, 'nice guys' are usually worse than the assholes.
Search for the Nice Guy Thread for proof. =p

Last edited by muteki; 07-20-2009 at 12:31 AM.
muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 AM   #57
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 View Post
why would you tell her how you feel? girls don't need you to tell them shit, asking them out somewhere or giving them attention is already enough signs of interest

you've got AFC written all over you
Haha AFC, nice.
Seriously though, why continue to pursue the girl when there are many others out there... Unless you have a problem of attracting women?
gearshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:17 AM   #58
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyComplex View Post
Just because a person feels bad for the perusing party, doesn't mean you should be nice to them.
Unfortunately some people don't get this and it impedes the moving on process for the other person.

Quote:
The ones that don't care will just to feed you with sugar coated words so that you feel better, but they just want to live their lives.
Just because some people give harsh advice it doesn't mean they don't understand or care. The world isn't all rainbows and butterflies. So take it for what it is and learn from it. It's when you ask for advice and don't take from it that people give up on you.

ONLY true friends will be completely honest with you and not be afraid of pissing you off while doing so.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:28 AM   #59
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Just leave her and go find someone else better. Stop talking to her frequently. Sometimes doing so will make her run to you. Just maybe.
it works. LOL i thought the exact same thing you did. I thought i had feelings for her that i never had for anyone else. I was being a total dick and look who came crying back. Now i just ignore her most of the time LOL
theres alot out there, but honestly if you think shes the one, since youre at age 23 i think? why not try, but u gotta know when to stop cause if you keep chasing, youre gonna end up going nowhere in your personal life.
crzymofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:00 AM   #60
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

it's up to you and if you think she's worth it, this guy obviously did.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/n...s/1576544.aspx

Quote:
80-year-old Woonona bride finally says yes
BY MICHELE TYDD

24/07/2009 9:46:00 AM
"About time!" 86-year-old Harry Roberts from Woonona shouted when his long-time love finally relented and agreed to marry him.

Sylvia Roberts, 80, who now regrets playing hard to get for four decades, will marry Harry at 3pm today at Wollongong Hospital's chapel. Harry, who is permanently confined to a wheelchair, is suffering his third bout of pneumonia this year.

It is his dying wish to marry Sylvia.

Harry first proposed 40 years ago, five years after they moved in together.

"After two previous marriages I never saw it as all that important, but I've made him wait long enough," the bride-to-be said yesterday, explaining her change of heart.

"I won't get a new surname but I'm finally excited about the prospect of being a bride again," she said.

Sylvia and Harry met at tennis in the '60s when Sylvia was a cleaner at Woonona Public School and Harry drove taxis.

"We've had the most wonderful life together without a single serious argument," she said.

Harry said he fell for Sylvia almost instantly and never gave up on the idea of marriage.

Coincidentally, they both have the same surname.

"She is sweet and caring and I've never wanted anybody else," Harry said.

Sylvia's granddaughter Belinda George will be among the party at the wedding, to be conducted by a marriage celebrant.

"All of us grandkids are as excited as Nan and Pop because we love them both dearly," she said.

The pair will celebrate the marriage in a suite at the hospital
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:18 AM   #61

^^ touching story
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #62
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I was kinda in your situation once, refer to my post (although i delted most of them)
It was a happy ending after all. I did ask her why she finally gave me a chance, she admit she did once loved me before but i was busy looking after other woman, so kinda gve up and seeing me as her best friend.
After all these years she found out i still love her, she is touched and decided to gave me a chance.
She said she is in love with me now said she is all mine, but hopefully I dont ditch her after. She is very insecure from past experience.
djcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:48 AM   #63

If it doesn't work the first time, try again. Keep trying and never give up, no matter what the girl says. When she starts calling you a 'stalker' you are getting warmer. Keep trying and by the 100th attempt she will be yours!
Old 07-25-2009, 01:55 AM   #64
無敵

^ What girl doesn't love a stalker-like guy to be their boyfriend? =3
Such an appealing trait and so difficult to find.

muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:58 AM   #65

Quote:
^ What girl doesn't love a stalker-like guy to be their boyfriend? =3
Such an appealing trait and so difficult to find.
Thats why it always works! Girls like guys that know what they want and are persistent!
Old 07-25-2009, 11:06 PM   #66
My homepage has been set to RS

oo ecchi is so right on this topic of discussion, i agree on all the posts

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyyxjayy View Post
What if someone sold you cocaine, but it was laundry detergent ?
danlee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #67
Retired moderator

How do you like a girl on and off?

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:08 AM   #68
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
How do you like a girl on and off?
there's a switch for that Girl, flick it upwards it's on... and... u know the rest
faithful101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:44 AM   #69

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
i know a guy that got dumped by this girl and he txted her EVERYDAY for a year. shit like i miss you, good morning n so on. n he continued to do so even when the girl had a boyfriend. at the end of the year or so he got her back, although i dont think it lasted too long...
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #70
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyvious View Post
i know a guy that got dumped by this girl and he txted her EVERYDAY for a year. shit like i miss you, good morning n so on. n he continued to do so even when the girl had a boyfriend. at the end of the year or so he got her back, although i dont think it lasted too long...
That is.... Ridiculous lol. That's totally obsessive and yet she takes him back. I guess 50 no's and a yes... means YES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHXBPeqKxP0
faithful101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #71
Need to Seek Professional Help

dont be persistent. i would tell her that she is fat and ugly. it works like wonder