REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Weight Gainers Recommendation? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/581799-weight-gainers-recommendation.html)

JulyZerg 07-07-2009 05:02 PM

Weight Gainers Recommendation?

Theirs a few threads already on this, yes I've searched. However most of those threads are a year old or even older, so I'm sure peoples opinions change and brands change.

What would you guys recommend now?

Personally I'm looking for a weight gainer that'll make you gain a good amount of weight, as my metabolism is amazingly fast and I'm a bit too skinny, IMO at 5'8 @ 120 LBS. So I'm looking to be more meat on me then planning to head to the gym to get more built/buff.

BlackV62K2 07-07-2009 05:26 PM

Get your diet and workout program in check first. Add a weight gainer supplement on top of that afterwards if needed.

JulyZerg 07-07-2009 05:49 PM

How would a person get his diet and workout program in check?

ninja_bart 07-07-2009 06:55 PM

yaaa u gotta check ur diet dude but if ur looking for a good gainer to add on top of ur diet i suggest u get allmax quickmass taste great and works. just follow the directions.

hal0g0dv2 07-07-2009 07:41 PM

make sure your are eating every 2-3 hours, i never used a weight gainer once, I just ate real food. grind up oats into your protein shake and add coconut milk that is like 700 calories right there and it is natural food. that is just a snack also. Eat tons of nuts, for dinner eat some whole wheat pasta and meat. pasta has tons of fiber and calories and protein in it. trust me you think you eat a lot but you don't, maybe put every thing on a pad if it helps. for lunch eat some bagels and meat and some fruit, bagels have lots of calories and some protien from the meat. I could go on for hours what kind of food to eat. Trust me eat every 2 hours and you will see weight gain come. all you have to do is DO IT. fell free to pm if you have questions

SkinnyPupp 07-07-2009 08:58 PM

EAT FOOD.

E=mc˛ 07-07-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogodv2 (Post 6498474)
I could go on for hours what kind of foot to eat.

So THATS your secret :D

m4k4v4li 07-07-2009 11:27 PM

just eat more
try to eat 5 - 6 times a day
if you don't have time to eat that many times just try to put back tons of calories for every meal that you do eat

lots of protein + complex carbs
nuts, oatmeal, milk, bread, peunut butter, eggs, fish, chicken, cheese, pasta, fast food =) shit like that
you'll find that with all the food ur putting back u will get hungrier more often, try to eat BEFORE you get hungry, anticipate when you will get hungry haha... stuff ur face

and don't lift like a bitch in the gym, do high weight low reps ( 5 X 5, pyramids, negatives ) bench press / squat / deadlift / military press etc ... use free weights over machines
if you have time lift 4-5 times a week... make sure you rest

F requency
I ntensity
T ime

DavidNguyen 07-08-2009 11:43 AM

like everyone else said. jus EAT. thats the best way to gain weight.
the weight gainer is just a Booster.

but not everyone can eat alot. i myself have been builking up. when i try to eat more than i usually can. I'lll end up coughing and then gaging, then maybe vomiting.

the Weight Gainer i use is Quick Mass made by AllMax Nutrition.
taste great, doesnt make u wanna shit. it cost 80 bucks for a 10lb tub.

Volvo-brickster 07-08-2009 04:28 PM

weight gainers made me gain... a gut only

stopped with that crap and have never looked back

m4k4v4li 07-08-2009 08:01 PM

ya same.. been getting a gut ^ whats with that

SkinnyPupp 07-08-2009 10:29 PM

^^^ Are you surprised? Really? Weight gainers are loaded with carbs. You are just gorging yourself on hundreds of grams of maltodextrin, of course they're going to give you a gut! One serving of a weight gainer converts to 1-2 cups of sugar in your body. Does that sound like a great way to gain muscle?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidNguyen (Post 6499508)
the Weight Gainer i use is Quick Mass made by AllMax Nutrition.
taste great, doesnt make u wanna shit. it cost 80 bucks for a 10lb tub.

Good going, you're eating about 3/4 of a cup of sugar with each serving, including solidified corn syrup, which is basically the worst thing you could possibly ingest that isn't poison.

That's why I say, if you want to gain weight, eat real food, with lots of protein and fat. Keep the carbs low - only from fruit and vegetables. You will get big if you are working hard enough in the gym, lose any fat you have, and will not get a gut!