REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Does everyone get canker sores after they bite themselves? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/582022-does-everyone-get-canker-sores-after-they-bite-themselves.html)

q0192837465 07-09-2009 11:40 AM

Does everyone get canker sores after they bite themselves?

I do, and it hurts like a mofo. But I've talk to some ppl & they say they don't. Is there something wrong w/ me?

PS: I think canker sore is the right term. I'm referring to "fei ji"

v1nce 07-09-2009 11:46 AM

I get canker sores, but not cold sores (that's from herpes) from biting my lip by accident.

3xta 07-09-2009 01:37 PM

its called canker sore lol, dont be going around tell everyone u get cold sores. lmao.

syee 07-09-2009 01:51 PM

haha...canker sores. I get them when I bite myself or brush a bit too hard and bash the toothbrush up against my gums. Hurts like a mofo when I do it, and then for the next week as it tries to heal.

sas 07-09-2009 01:56 PM

Is fei ji canker sore in chinese?

Gnomes 07-09-2009 04:09 PM

Yes, feu ji = canker sore.

I normally dont get these canker sore unless i bite my lip/tongue.

Females tend to get canker sores more often than male due to their hormones. Apparently toothpaste and mouthwash can be a contributing factor for sores because of a bubbling agent SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate).

SkinnyPupp 07-09-2009 07:27 PM

LOL cold sores, I'll fix the topic for you. I'll also fix your poor grammar.

Canker sores after bites is pretty common. They usually go away right away after some really strong 'leung cha' like turtle tea, or turtle jelly.

waddy41 07-09-2009 09:58 PM

i don't....when i bite myself i just get a little cut...and it usually heals within 1-2 days

i get canker sores from eating oily foods...

Gumby 07-10-2009 08:41 AM

Yeah, I get cankersores/fei-ji (which could be "airplane" in Mandarin, hehe) after any oral trauma. i.e. jab gums with toothbrush, or bite myself

Jermyzy 07-14-2009 12:14 PM

Yep, whenever I bite myself it turns into a canker sore unless I put some kenalog (prescription) on it right away.

2damaxmr2 07-17-2009 08:40 PM

i get it 50% of the time when i bit my self.

SkinnyPupp 07-17-2009 09:06 PM

I just got one without biting myself... Within 5 minutes this big ball of pus formed inside my mouth. It was like a soft zit. It popped while I was eating dinner, so I guess I ate some of the pus. I was worried that it would form into a huge painful canker sore, but it healed pretty well.

I have been drinking 'leung' tea lately, so it's probably pushing the crap out. Pretty gross!

goo3 07-17-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnomes (Post 6501442)
Yes, feu ji = canker sore.

I normally dont get these canker sore unless i bite my lip/tongue.

Females tend to get canker sores more often than male due to their hormones. Apparently toothpaste and mouthwash can be a contributing factor for sores because of a bubbling agent SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate).

I used to get them a lot. Then I changed toothpaste from Crest/Colgate, etc to Sensodyne and I don't get them at all now. Once in a while, I've gone back and, within a week or two, I get them again. The soaping agent is just too abrasive.

For me, home remedies don't do shit and are the result of ppl guessing.

Presto 07-18-2009 01:19 AM

Listerine (the classic stuff) does a good job in aiding the healing and relieves the pain. You can dab it onto the canker sore with a cotton swap or just take a mouthful of it and direct it to the canker sore. It'll burn good for a bit, but it'll give some decent relief for a little while.

Salt water rinse works too, but I hate salty water. It makes me want to puke..

TRDood 07-20-2009 09:58 PM

i get it 100% of the time after i bite myself.

the max i have gotten was about 27 cankersores in my mouth when i was little. serious, 27! i had to go see a doctor for that, and it was fucking painful!

i find that i get it when
1. stressed out
2. lack of sleep
3. oily/fried food
4. eating out too much
5. biting myself
6. lack of water
7. when you burn yourself

there's nothing you can do to "heal" it faster, it just takes 7 days. the 3rd-4th day is the worse, after the 6th day, you will not feel it anymore.

most painful spot for me is
1. center tip of my tongue
2. in between my gums and lip
3. under my tongue
4. when two cankersores merge into one

i have an average of 1-2 cankersores every month. the longest i have lasted without one was probably 3 months..... i'm cankersore free now! (thank god)

TRDood 07-20-2009 10:01 PM

oh, and i forgot to mention.
last christmas, i had cankersores in my throat. IN MY FUCKING THROAT!

it took 14 days to heal, i couldn't sleep for 4-5 nights straight, and can't eat solid food, acidic food, or cold liquid for a WEEK!

so most painful spot was my THROAT, since you can't avoid it.

cause: too stressed out in studying for final exams. got the mark i wanted though! haha

impactX 07-21-2009 03:12 AM

All you need is this:

http://www.asda-pharmacy.co.uk/image.../Bonjela15.jpg

Also, an ingredient called SLS in toothpaste also induces canker sore.

Try to find one without SLS:
http://www.acankersorecure.com/canke...oothpaste.html