REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

where to dispute ticket after 30 days?

its been over 30days i went to icbc he said go to richmond city hall to dispute after 30days. Just want to make sure if this is right..i got the ticket in surrey.
Advertisement
03c0upe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

2nd link in a google search for "British Columbia violation ticket dispute" gave me this:
Quote:
If you are unable to file your notice of dispute within 30 days, you may file an affidavit form (PTR020), available at any court registry, requesting an extension. You must bring a copy of the violation ticket to file an affidavit. The affidavit can be sworn/affirmed at any court registry for a fee of $15 or by any commissioner for taking oaths, such as a notary public. You should also complete a notice of dispute form (PTR021) at this time. Note: The dispute will not be registered unless the affidavit is granted.

The affidavit is a request and extensions are not automatically granted. The justice will consider your application and you will be notified of the decision by mail.
from http://www.ag.gov.bc.ca/courts/ticke...fo/dispute.htm

In other words, you'd better have a valid reason for not disputing within those 30 days.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
Retired Traffic Cop

Being mis-advised by a person of authority would be a reasonable excuse.

Although, one could simply read the back of the ticket carefully and receive the necessary advice there....

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
Correct, but from what I understood reading his post, he was given mis-information after the 30 days had already past. I don't understand why icbc would be sending him to richmond though... Maybe we issue more VTs than other municipalities?
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
Old 07-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
Correct, but from what I understood reading his post, he was given mis-information after the 30 days had already past. I don't understand why icbc would be sending him to richmond though... Maybe we issue more VTs than other municipalities?
Traffic court for violations in Surrey is held at Richmond Provincial Courts.
Five-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:55 AM   #6

That makes sense.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
RS controls my life!

but after 30 days do you not have to go to the supreme court registry @ 800 smithe?

Fill out the form and file the paperwork at the criminal registry desk and the go across the street to file the information at the crown office... you will be given a hearing date to appear in front of a judge (or justice) sometimes the prosecutor will just confirm your address and grant the extension. If you don't show your extension will not be granted...

(address of supreme may be incorrect... might be 600... can't remember) but its the (south side) entrance under the bridge that goes over smithe street...

2010 Touareg V6 TDI - Loving the green power
2011 Audi S4 - order picked for production... will be a late xmas present!!

hardSLAM
yvrnycracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

Although, one could simply read the back of the ticket carefully and receive the necessary advice there....
Can you explain a bit further? I should just write down that i was told i can dispute it but officer didnt tell me how long i have? I might get denied since it does say on the ticket.

I know my reason isnt going work,,simply had the ticket hidden away and forgot about it.
03c0upe is offline   Reply With Quote