REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   New Food Joints Opening in Richmond Center (https://www.revscene.net/forums/582122-new-food-joints-opening-richmond-center.html)

skiiipi 07-10-2009 12:06 AM

New Food Joints Opening in Richmond Center

Beard Papa is opening in Richmond Center beside EB games, projected opening is Fall of 2009.

Richmond Center is slowly turning into Aberdeen, with Pearl Castle opening next month, and now Beard Papa

In the fall there will also be a Korean BBQ place opening where Ms Vanielles used to be.

unidentified 07-10-2009 01:21 AM

Will Pearl Castle in Richmond Centre be just a spot in the food court?

Trinity 07-10-2009 06:53 AM

SERIOUS?!?! Where's your source??

Bender Unit 07-10-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unidentified (Post 6502240)
Will Pearl Castle in Richmond Centre be just a spot in the food court?

I read in other thread said they are will locating at the place used to be Kim Farm Market right next to McD ;)

RacePace 07-10-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 6502341)
SERIOUS?!?! Where's your source??

I hope you're not expecting a news article

ilvtofu 07-10-2009 11:42 AM

Beside EB games? that's a weird location, where that picture frame place used to be? or whatever it was...
Yay pearl castle!

Liquid_o2 07-10-2009 11:56 AM

Yah I saw the Beard Papa poster up on the unit they will be in a few days ago. I was really pumped when I came across it. :thumbsup:

WHEYsted 07-10-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender Unit (Post 6502497)
I read in other thread said they are will locating at the place used to be Kim Farm Market right next to McD ;)

Wow thats a pretty bad spot as I recall that part is DEAD.

skiiipi 07-10-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonamehustla (Post 6502713)
Wow thats a pretty bad spot as I recall that part is DEAD.

but that gives them an outside entrance
which allows them to be open past mall hours
and also its on the theater side so they get some run off traffic
and lastly the apartment building upstairs that area will help drive business

speaking of the theater, the theater has been on a month to month lease since last year, and the mall is looking for a new tenent, idealy, the mall wants a sit down restaurant or some sort, but the area is 300000sqft, so it will probably get split up into a few smaller establishments, however a few month ago, T&T supermarket was interested in the space, but the deal fell thru.

I work in the mall, so i speak with both (north and south) mall management on a regular bases

LemonH2O 07-10-2009 02:54 PM

Once Pearl Castle opens, it's going to take all the business from that shitty bubble tea/ice- cream place outside the East Indian food place inside RC.

I wonder if this PC will be like the one off Cambie or the one inside Parker Place, with food or no food?

skiiipi 07-10-2009 03:14 PM

there is going to be food
it is 2500 sqft
will be full service much like the one in contiental

Trinity 07-10-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6502509)
I hope you're not expecting a news article

Don't really care where it's from but there should've been at least a press release or some kind of announcement.

WHEYsted 07-10-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 6502737)
but that gives them an outside entrance
which allows them to be open past mall hours
and also its on the theater side so they get some run off traffic
and lastly the apartment building upstairs that area will help drive business

speaking of the theater, the theater has been on a month to month lease since last year, and the mall is looking for a new tenent, idealy, the mall wants a sit down restaurant or some sort, but the area is 300000sqft, so it will probably get split up into a few smaller establishments, however a few month ago, T&T supermarket was interested in the space, but the deal fell thru.

I work in the mall, so i speak with both (north and south) mall management on a regular bases

Yeah I guess... I mean it is RIGHT beside the parking lot so it might have a chance.

Jeffield 08-03-2009 09:56 AM

Pearl castle will be directly across from mc D's right beside that nasty chinese bbq shit