REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:56 AM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Exclamation Blood Test Question. Please help!

Hi fewllow RSers,

I know this should belong in the health section.. This is pretty urgent and VOT gets a lot more traffic. Hope thats alright for you Mods!

Anyways, I just got off work and when I got home, my dad told me that the family will be doing a blood test tomorrow afternoon. My grandpa has some kind of liver disease and my parents just want to make sure that we don't have it aswell. Heres the problem.. I've been smoking weed for the past 2-3 years and I don't wanna get busted. I know there are drinks that cleanses your body but I don't have the time to get it and I really don't want to go through all that unless I really have to. What will happen if I get my blood tested for the liver disease without taking the detox drink? Will the doctor rat me out or will it say it on a sheet or something? I haven't got my blood tested in years so I don't remember anything.

Thx in advance.

[o_o] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:05 AM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but to find out if there is weed in your system is if they actually test for it. In this case they are testing to see if you have any liver disease. So my guess is no it won't show up.

However if it does, I think as a doctor and you being a client, he is not allowed to release that information because it's strictly confidential?? unless you are under 18 or something, then he'll probably have to let your parents know?? haha

Again I'm not sure but good luck in whatever happens.
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:21 AM   #3
The "You'd Know" Moderator

1) Look up physician-patient privilege.
2) What's the disease? Hep A, B, C, etc? Your blood will most likely be tested for those and probably a liver function test as well. You aren't going in for a job interview screening test.
3) Stop smoking weed can't be bad for you.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:36 AM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

hm.. i don't think the doctors are allowed to let anyone else but you see the result. Unless you're under 19.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:07 AM   #5
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I can tell you with absolute full certainty - the lab will not test for weed (THC) unless the test is ordered. The drug test for weed is normally done on the urine. Look at the doctor's requisition and write down every test that is written. I suspect the doctor might order a urinalysis but not for urine drugs.

If you are still worried, you can always bring a cup of your friend's urine and use that urine for the urinalysis. Nobody will go inside the washroom with you.
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

also depends on when u smoked up last, if its longer than 2 weeks, u wont have to worry about it.
and as mentioned, u have to test for a perticular thing. if they are looking for weed, then they will find it, if not,, chances are pretty low.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

U don't need to stress about it. Its just between u and the docs.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

dude u can sue them if they tell your family.
tegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
[QUOTE=Gnomes;6502332]I can tell you with absolute full certainty - the lab will not test for weed (THC) unless the test is ordered. The drug test for weed is normally done on the urine. Look at the doctor's requisition and write down every test that is written. I suspect the doctor might order a urinalysis but not for urine drugs.
[\QUOTE]

As someone who works in a lab, I concur 100%.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

they dont test u for weed or drugs. You are not riding in Tour de france. Smoke away. No worries. Most likely you will be screened for hepatitis, which involves antibody screening and liver enzyme level. No relation with ciga weed smoking. Unless you are a pro athlete and you are asked to pee in a cup
Old 07-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #11
Banned By Establishment

theyre not going to test you for things that they're not paid to be tested for. in other words, if you bring your car in and ask them to check out the brakes, they're not going to go to your home and see whats wrong with your lawn mower.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote