REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Recreational Ice Hockey TONIGHT: Wed Jul15 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/582699-recreational-ice-hockey-tonight-wed-jul15.html)

RayBot 07-15-2009 04:19 PM

Recreational Ice Hockey TONIGHT: Wed Jul15

Hi,

As title states...
ice time at 9:30 at Richmond Ice Centre.
Just call me for more details at 604.505.5535 ( i won't be able to check this thread anymore tonight).

Also, looking for names to be placed on the weekly evite for this weekly timeslot.

Thanks!!!

SumAznGuy 07-16-2009 09:22 AM

So how did you manage to be in 2 places at one time? :D

RayBot 07-16-2009 09:58 AM

obviously i wasn't....

unfortunately, this 930 group is my regular wednesday group.....but lately, i've been busy all the way till later on the night.

Just trying to help a buddy out in trying to get more players out; nobody wants to see an organizer with good intentions to lose money.

SumAznGuy 07-16-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6510157)
obviously i wasn't....

unfortunately, this 930 group is my regular wednesday group.....but lately, i've been busy all the way till later on the night.

Just trying to help a buddy out in trying to get more players out; nobody wants to see an organizer with good intentions to lose money.

I know now. You said you use to play sunday nights at BWC right?

This wednesday hockey, that is Will's thing right?

RayBot 07-16-2009 02:12 PM

I've only played one sunday night session at BWC in the last couple years......i am not too fond of the ice surface (pre-modern regulation ice size).

Yep...wed is wil's night.

SumAznGuy 07-16-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6510464)
I've only played one sunday night session at BWC in the last couple years......i am not too fond of the ice surface (pre-modern regulation ice size).

Yep...wed is wil's night.

I think I remember you from that sunday night hockey. :thumbsup:

Tell Will I say hi.

Noir 07-17-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6510157)

Werd, Wil's a good guy but his group has turned pretty bad. There's absolutely no passing unless you're a friend of the inner regular members. And sometimes even in between regular members there's rarely passing.

In Wil's defense, it wasn't always like this though, or it could be just me imagining things. But just my observation.

6thGear. 07-17-2009 07:19 PM

If this is the same Wil that I'm thinking of, I liked it quite a bit. I've never had an issue about no passing, although I've only been out a few times. Good hockey to be had with these guys.

RayBot 07-19-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6512063)
Werd, Wil's a good guy but his group has turned pretty bad. There's absolutely no passing unless you're a friend of the inner regular members. And sometimes even in between regular members there's rarely passing.

In Wil's defense, it wasn't always like this though, or it could be just me imagining things. But just my observation.

Theres a somewhat truth to that.....there are two players i completely refuse to play on the same team with.

skiiipi 07-19-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6513906)
Theres a somewhat truth to that.....there are two players i completely refuse to play on the same team with.

alex verhoven being one of them?

RayBot 07-20-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 6514855)
alex verhoven being one of them?

Definitely....but the other half of the truth is that i truly do enjoy playing against him.

skiiipi 07-20-2009 08:19 AM

really? its too predictable, if it is a two on one with alex
99.9% he is not going to pass, so just take the body :p

RayBot 07-20-2009 08:29 AM

i already know that...but i am too lazy to play D, so i am always up.....so we really only play against eachother on the turnover play. And yes, i just end up playing the body on alex....i gotta have about 50 lbs on that guy.

Who are you on the ice?

skiiipi 07-20-2009 01:53 PM

i'm his boss :p
haha