REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Can I report...

People that are driving on an underqualified license (L)? I might sound like a rat reporting them, but there are a few people I know doing it and they don't really seem to care. They've got L's but slap an N on their cars and go.
Advertisement

Last edited by skidmark; 07-20-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
You certainly can! Call 911 if it is happening immediately and give out the description of the car (make, model, colour, year, plate, etc...) and the direction it is headed (or the location he/she is going and which route they are taking) and the police will BOLO that car.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #3
HELP ME PLS!!!

if they get into a crash. they will be paying for all damage themselfs... not ICBC. They could be looking at major money if they cause a big crash. at 16 they probably don't have a million bucks laying around.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
People that are driving on an underqualified license (L)? I might sound like a rat reporting them, but there are a few people I know doing it and they don't really seem to care. They've got L's but slap an N on their cars and go.
hmmm so you feel the need to report this to revscene.....

Ok, heres 1 gold star for you!!! If you care enough to "report" this to us, call the cops. Do you really need to come on here and ask things that can be answered by common sence, or anyone with half a brain??

If you see something that is ILLEGAL, you can call the Police, that is what they are there for.

Last edited by skidmark; 07-20-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutterr View Post
hmmm so you feel the need to report this to revscene.....

Ok, heres 1 gold star for you!!! If you care enough to "report" this to us, call the cops. Do you really need to come on here and ask things that can be answered by common sence, or anyone with half a brain??

If you see something that is ILLEGAL, you can call the Police, that is what they are there for.
+1 to this post.....Here's another gold star for you champ....
Old 07-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #6
"Entertainment" mod.

No need to be a dick to me about it. I just wanted to confirm my assumptions.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

Stupid questions / statement get stupid answers.

I assume you would ask RS if you saw someone shoot another person if you should call the cops?

You obvioously know that something is wrong because you know that a (L) driver cannot go slap a (N) on their car and drive. I assume you know this because you are in some stage of gettting a licence, or hold a (N) yourself. Yet you seem to need reassurance that this is wrong?? You have got to be kidding me!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

X

Last edited by skidmark; 07-19-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Post was not a useful contribution to the thread
Old 07-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

X

Last edited by skidmark; 07-19-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Post was not a useful contribution to the thread
Old 07-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
"Entertainment" mod.

I've never reported anything to the police in my life, and I'm not 100% sure how the damn system works. Can't someone just ask a question WITHOUT being talked down to?

Last edited by skidmark; 07-19-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #11
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Don't worry about it, it's a legitimate question.

And yes, report it.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #12
CRS

Wow, stutter and mr_biggs, do you really feel the need to be such douchebags?

He was asking for the proper procedure to go about this matter. It wasn't a matter of IF I should report it, it was a matter of HOW I should report it. If anything, you guys are the retards for not being to understand where the OP was coming from.

You guys are the biggest fails ever.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 07-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #13
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Wow, stutter and mr_biggs, do you really feel the need to be such douchebags?
I think stutterr's whole purpose here is to be a douchebag, even if it means contradicting himself.

He says:
Quote:
So what happens if the OP calls in and gets sho_bc? : http://www.revscene.net/forums/anoth...d-t583018.html

Read his opinions of the cops in general in other threads, and you wonder how he ever came up with "that is what they are there for", since he obviously holds a very low opinion of the profession as a whole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Old 07-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #14
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
I think stutterr's whole purpose here is to be a douchebag, even if it means contradicting himself.

He says:

So what happens if the OP calls in and gets sho_bc? : http://www.revscene.net/forums/anoth...d-t583018.html

Read his opinions of the cops in general in other threads, and you wonder how he ever came up with "that is what they are there for", since he obviously holds a very low opinion of the profession as a whole.

I'll bet you that stutter is the same type of guy who says "F--- THE POLICE" until someone robs him or holds him hostage where he'll be crying and asking the police for help.

My FeedBack 53-0-0

Last edited by skidmark; 07-19-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: language
Old 07-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #15
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post

I'll bet you that stutter is the same type of guy who says "F--- THE POLICE" until someone robs him or holds him hostage where he'll be crying and asking the police for help.
You're not getting any action from me on that; that's a textbook sucker bet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Old 07-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #16
Banned (ABWS)

hey skidmark...so you delete my useless post, but you let CRS and soundy post this usless banter?

I guess brown nosing goes pretty far...LOL

you guys are a joke. just another example of how this over zealous cops feels the need to flex his rights on some poor minority

you have the nerve to delete my post where I am agreeing with buddy about how retraded the poster is, yet you allow these 2 clowns to also contribute useless info on a daily basis. What reasoning do you have to offer me why you deleted my post?

Seems retarded on your part if you ask me. I guess the poster should post if he should eat because his stomach is growling.

Last edited by stutterr; 07-20-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: removed vulgar wording..
Old 07-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #17
CRS

Quote:
hey skidmark...so you delete my useless post, but you let CRS and soundy post this usless banter?

I guess brown nosing goes pretty far...LOL

you guys are a joke. just another example of how this over zealous cops feels the need to flex his rights on some poor minority

you have the nerve to delete my post where I am agreeing with buddy about how retraded the poster is, yet you allow these 2 clowns to also contribute useless info on a daily basis. What reasoning do you have to offer me why you deleted my post?

Seems retarded on your part if you ask me. I guess the poster should post if he should eat because his stomach is growling.
I'm loving your yummy and sweet tears. Hmmmmmm!

You're so delusional that you make Hyde look like Bill Gates.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 07-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #18
"Entertainment" mod.

http://likethedew.com/img/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Last edited by CorneringArtist; 07-20-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Decided NOT to feed the troll.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #19
Retired Traffic Cop

OK everyone, this has deteriorated about as far as I can stand it. I'm going to close the thread after reminding everyone who participated in it to read the sticky on the forum rules with particular attention to item #7.

I've had a number of PM's from people involved about it and I do allow some leeway with comments before I jump in and moderate some have gone far enough that I felt I needed to deal with them.

Like any cop, sometimes the decisions that you make aren't popular but you have to make them. If you're not happy the "Public Complaints Commission" is ultimately the people that run RevScene and you are welcome to complain to them about my decisions, hopefully after you've complained to me and received a reply.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
Old 07-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #20
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
yeah, unfortunately, there isnt a vbb code out there that can prevent idiots from joining.

sorry, but have respect for those that volunteer their time for this place.

hate it if u must, i wont lose sleep.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Closed Thread