REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
How I Mod your mother

Tendonitis?

Ok this might be a little hard to understand..
But lately I've been getting pains in my forearms and sometimes in my left elbow after doing preacher curls at the gym.

At certain points in my forearm, it hurts to put pressure on that specific point.

Does this sound like tendonitis? I've read its common in joints from weight lifting..

I've started doing those little forearm excercises with light weight and lifting and lowering the barbell with just my wrists hoping this will help

Has anyone else experienced this?
Advertisement
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:20 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Yep...i get regular tendonitis from masturbating...er, i mean hockey.

Time to load up on a lot of A535. If you're asian, go to one of those asian groceries that sell medicine, and look for an linement called "Omega." Thats the best for tendonitis.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Yep...i get regular tendonitis from masturbating...er, i mean hockey.

Time to load up on a lot of A535. If you're asian, go to one of those asian groceries that sell medicine, and look for an linement called "Omega." Thats the best for tendonitis.
Thanks, its quite painful to do any sort of curls
From now on should I be going with lighter weight? Should I refrain from doing any sort of curls?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Old 07-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

I get this bitch ass pain sometimes in my left arm between my Tri and Bi, sometimes ti the point where i'll have to cut my workout short, it comes and goes, feels like a constant spazzing like a knife in my arm, from my understanding what it is a swelling of the muscle, ibuprofen will help you.
LeanNsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Pls someone correct me if i am wrong....but i think its probably best to keep on doing the heavier weights (after your tendonitis finished flaring). Build that muscle tissue around those over-used joints...that should prevent you from getting tendonitis in the longer run.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #6
R8
Buy/Sell rules violation; Zero Tolerance

There are a lot of different tendonitis points on your body..... For me, I have never had it in my arms from curling or anything...but as of right now, i've had achilles tendonitis in both of my ankles and i had to rest it off for about 1-3 weeks... The best thing to do in my opinion is to apply ice to the spot for a little bit and rest it for a while til you feel confident.
R8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8 View Post
There are a lot of different tendonitis points on your body..... For me, I have never had it in my arms from curling or anything...but as of right now, i've had achilles tendonitis in both of my ankles and i had to rest it off for about 1-3 weeks... The best thing to do in my opinion is to apply ice to the spot for a little bit and rest it for a while til you feel confident.
Yeah I think thats what I'll have to do which totally sucks
I was doing some research and apparently it can be caused by an increase of usage or increase of weight, which is my case

I guess I'll just have to pick up some ibuprofen & rest for a bit then start off lighter again
FML
Quote:
Old 07-23-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

i have tendonitis in my right shoulder thanks to years of volleyball.

i would consult with a physio first to see what you should do to help solve the pain. i would probably stay away from heavy weight. i was taught to use the 'elastic bands' to help rebuild.

my pain is like needles poking into the back of my shoulder. wakes me up at night even, when it's bad.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #9
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
I have tendonitis in my right foot when I run or stand for long periods of time (but not as bad when standing). I know for a fact that it's in my 5th metatarsal (bone connecting to pinky toe), since I fractured and nearly broke it 2 years ago-the x-ray showed that there was very little bone connecting where the fracture was. It's never been the same since.

I'm a big guy, and I can run less-than decently well (I'm not that fit), but if I go too long continuously, the right edge of my foot starts to burn, and my left is completely fine, even if I feel I'm not winded.