REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   (500) days of summer (https://www.revscene.net/forums/584245-500-days-summer.html)

Grandmaster TSE 07-29-2009 03:50 PM

(500) days of summer

anyone else seen this?

I love it, great film!!!
great music and i love all the little things

skyxx 07-29-2009 06:14 PM

Did you watch it at Tinseltown? I really want to watch it.

Armind 07-29-2009 06:26 PM

Me too

Fafine 07-29-2009 08:01 PM

which theater is playing this? i chekced tinsels site n famousplayers.com and found none of them playing this movie. i saw the preview and want to watch it

did some googling apaprently fifth ave cinamas has it

Grandmaster TSE 07-30-2009 09:44 AM

i saw it at fifth avenue

Ronin 07-30-2009 04:04 PM

<--- huge Zooey Deschanel fan.

I'll definitely be seeing this.

stuff99 07-30-2009 06:45 PM

This movie was really well done. I highly recommend this.

rslater 07-30-2009 08:27 PM

Best film i've seen in months. Script was supurb at a genre that's hard to be convincing in.

skyxx 07-31-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 6528530)
<--- huge Zooey Deschanel fan.

I'll definitely be seeing this.

I'm a huge Zooey Deschanel fan too! :)

6793026 07-31-2009 02:47 PM

reallty that good eh?please don't let me be ilke 50 first dates or like sweet november (or whicheve movie with keanu and Charlize Theron)

skyxx 08-02-2009 12:01 AM

I loved the movie! :) Good stuff! I'd definitely recommend it.:thumbsup:

Grandmaster TSE 08-02-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 6529737)
reallty that good eh?please don't let me be ilke 50 first dates or like sweet november (or whicheve movie with keanu and Charlize Theron)

no, nothing like sweet november
its not very sappy, its very easy to relate to and it has an awesome soundtrack

that and zooey!!!!!

Slif 08-02-2009 06:04 PM

Best movie I've seen all summer, and thus far, one of the most memorable I've seen all year.

Razor Ramon HG 08-15-2009 01:06 AM

Here's my review I wrote for my blog.

Quote:

“darling. i don’t know how to tell you this, but there’s a chinese family in our bathroom.”
last weekend, i watched 500 days of summer. it was an excellent movie, and easily slips into my top spot for movie of the year. featuring zooey “makes all the men jizz in their pants” deschanel and joseph “kind of looks like a little kid” gordon-levitt, the movie is quite an original masterpiece of a story told from a guy’s point of view on his relationship with a woman he’s madly in love with who herself doesn’t believe in love.

like the narrator said in the opening narration, this is not a love story. it’s rather more of a realistic take on the way people nowadays have relationships. because we the viewers can easily relate to it, it’s no wonder the movie has gotten mad reviews. whenever your audience can relate to what they are seeing, the understanding is obviously going to be greater, and i think that’s one of the major contributing factors to the movie’s success.

we tend to see movies and shows where characters have relationships that are clearly nongenuine, but in 500 days of summer, the chemistry between summer and tom are true to heart. despite how both of them have different outlooks on love, they continue to see each other because deep down they know they have a connection. and even though their relationship is far from perfect, they always stay within an arm’s reach of each other. the continual rise and fall of summer and tom, and its conclusion is very enjoyable because it deals with matters that everyone in a relationship deals with.

nothing seems to be missing in this movie. from the inside out, everything that i saw for the most part from the original script to the soundtrack was awesome. the acting was just fantastic from the ways zooey and joseph were able to show onscreen how they could become their character. i actually sat there, and thought that zooey was summer. you know an actor is a fantastic one when they can make you believe that what you just saw was non-fictional. the use of flashbacks was also a smart idea by director marc webb as the contrast between the good times and the bad times of summer and tom’s relationship was really effective at showing just how easily things can fall apart and how they can be patched.

all in all, it was an excellent movie. it’s different compared to all the other movies out there with similar/related plots, and really gives the genre a new face lift. the way the movie tries to cater to a broader audience by sort of immersing them in a world much like their own is very refreshing and never a bit stale. this movie really deserves to be watched even if you hate romantic comedies. the only shame is that none of the big commercial film studios picked this hidden gem up. one thing is for sure though, if this comes out on dvd, i am going to grab a copy even if it means i have to run to the store naked (and yes, chances are it’ll be a bittersweet ending).

wuuhoo 08-15-2009 01:14 AM

I loved the ending . haha

Not really racist! 08-15-2009 02:54 PM

hm... ima go watch it since you guys say its so good

K-Dub 08-18-2009 08:16 AM

Saw it yesterday @ Tinseltown.

Must see romantic comedy, even if you dont like the genre.

Not much else I want to say, just trust the rest of us and the reviews already and watch the damn movie already!

XtC_13aBy 08-20-2009 09:55 PM

it was a funny, cute, realistic movie!!

skyxx 08-21-2009 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Dub (Post 6552479)
Saw it yesterday @ Tinseltown.

Must see romantic comedy, even if you dont like the genre.

Not much else I want to say, just trust the rest of us and the reviews already and watch the damn movie already!

Remember, it's not a romantic film ;)

MAHALOHA 08-21-2009 02:09 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about this movie, but I have yet to watch it :(
I really like Matthew Gray Gubler >< Even though he only has a small part in this movie...

Not really racist! 08-23-2009 11:00 PM

Gotta admit it was pretty fucking funny, hahaha

Caught it this afternoon at Tinsel