REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 08-01-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
[Confidential] Perma-bachelor

The following is an Anonymous submission from a Revscene member. If the OP would like to respond to anything said in this thread, please PM me.

so... I'm not the sort to usually ask advice, and I don't really know any of you to directly listen to anyways, but maybe I just need assurance I am not crazy...
I have this...long term issue. I seem to date girls that are wonderful in many to all aspects, but I can't choose to settle.
I always seem distracted by the "new" or other...which causes me to break up and try again...which leads to the whole thing again...
Please if you are going to offer advise, don't just say I haven't found the "one". The fact is, I have dated many the amazing girl, but after a while I never seemed satisfied, despite her meeting all my condition of a "perfect mate". It just seems like I am a professional bachelor....
Anyone else have this issue? How did you "help yourself"?

El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:47 AM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
stop clubbing and putting yourself in situations where you're meeting new "exciting" (different) people.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
no one eats at the same restaurant every single day.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
VLS Pet Forum Mod

Stop looking for girls that meet some sort of criteria you have. Go out and do something social that you would never do. I know you said don't say it but really none of these are the 'one'. They are what you have mentally decided your other half should be. Stop thinking it through. Just go out do stuff you normally wouldn't, take up a new hobby and stop looking. The one that will keep your attention will be the least likely to fit the model you have made. Be glad that you have met so many interesting ppl and hopefully you will continue to do so. Like I said though throw out that list.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

As per Dan Savage: In order to settle down, you have to settle for.

Keep in mind, this is a two way road. You're settling for someone, knowing that there MAY be something better out there. They are also doing the same for you.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
Director of RS Cares

i just don't think you are ready to commit. it's not a bad thing cause everyone at one point in their lifetime will go through this. you find someone you are interested in but then once you land what you want your mind start to wander because you are still curious about the other fish in the sea.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:30 AM   #7
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
The following is an Anonymous submission from a Revscene member. If the OP would like to respond to anything said in this thread, please PM me.

so... I'm not the sort to usually ask advice, and I don't really know any of you to directly listen to anyways, but maybe I just need assurance I am not crazy...
I have this...long term issue. I seem to date girls that are wonderful in many to all aspects, but I can't choose to settle.
I always seem distracted by the "new" or other...which causes me to break up and try again...which leads to the whole thing again...
Please if you are going to offer advise, don't just say I haven't found the "one". The fact is, I have dated many the amazing girl, but after a while I never seemed satisfied, despite her meeting all my condition of a "perfect mate". It just seems like I am a professional bachelor....
Anyone else have this issue? How did you "help yourself"?
I previously had the exact train of thought as you. Don't worry, it's not a them (girls) thing, it's a you thing. It's just not your time yet.

When you're still relatively young, one tends to have lots of energy and pursue many endeavors. You'll find it very hard to settle. But trust me, you will eventually burn out and the lifestyle eventually tiresome. Every young bachelor always thinks they have the steam to last a lifetime, but is usually not the case. I was one of them and so might you in my estimation.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:36 AM   #8
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
How old are you? Maybe you're not at that stage of you're not ready to settle in.
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #9
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I previously had the exact train of thought as you. Don't worry, it's not a them (girls) thing, it's a you thing. It's just not your time yet.

When you're still relatively young, one tends to have lots of energy and pursue many endeavors. You'll find it very hard to settle. But trust me, you will eventually burn out and the lifestyle eventually tiresome. Every young bachelor always thinks they have the steam to last a lifetime, but is usually not the case. I was one of them and so might you in my estimation.
Agreed
hotjoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #10
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

spend all ur money on a mortagage and I guarantee u dun have any money left to meet new girls

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #11
Tech Team Mod

Sounds like me last summer year. I was having so much fun being single that I didn't even notice when the right girl came into my life. I think it is the case that you haven't found "the one". You're just waiting for the good looking girl that's not a bitch, isn't an attention whore, is intelligent, motivated, fun, active, or whatever else fits your bill.

Breaking up with a previous girl for a new one just means that the old one just didn't have enough going for her to continue the relationship. When you find a match, all the other women that you see just don't have the same appeal.

2001 BMW M Coupe - Laguna Seca Blue
2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
2003 Honda CBR 954RR
dubzz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #12
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
The following is a reply from the Anonymous Revscene member

Well, the thing is...I am not that young. I am actually 30. And I am pushing the mortgage and all those good things. I think a major part of it is that I am feeling like my youth is fleeting, and so I feel "real" relationships are dangerous because they could be the last one....I think I especially feel that because right now I am still able to date pretty, young girls that I almost need to, because eventually the time will come when I can't.
It's stupid and self destructive, I know..but it's exactly how I feel. The current girl I am dating is a successful, young, pretty 23 yrsold with a fun disposition. Lots of pluses, only a few minuses. I am stupid to pass this up..and yet the feeling is still always there...especially when other pretty girls make advances.
This is a stupid thing to bitch about I know, but I need to learn how to stay focused....but knowing what to do, and being able to pull it off, are completely different things.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #13

Age is just a number. 30 being young is very relative and subjective. To the conservative mind, yes you are old. To the modern liberal, 30 is still fairly young. For varied reasons like ambition, fun, career, travelling, etc, some people dont settle down until their late 30's or 40's.

Chillax, you're only 30. Besides, it's not good to force yourself into things you don't want to be in. If you look at guy's like George Clooney, Gerard Butler, Al Pacino, they're fairly old and happily unmarried. Nothing wrong with that choice and that lifestyle.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:12 PM   #14
I don't get it

^ All the men you described are rich, famous and fairly good looking. They can live any sort of life they choose.

For regular folk, if you want to live freely at age 30 then by all means. There is still time to screw around but don't fool yourself by continuously telling yourself that. He'll just have the same perplexities at age 35. It's the social norm to get hitched with someone, settle down, have a stable job to support your children etc. Its the common route but not THE way. Theres nothing wrong with the bachelor lifestyle but you better have the balls to withstand the social pressure and feel good about yourself down the road about it.
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #15
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
I'm 29 and I've date tons of chicks. I don't know about you but throughout this entire year, I haven't been able to even find someone to settle. The reason I do not want to settle because I do not think the right one has come along yet. I use to power date and be dating 4 different girls on 3 different nights. What happened at the end. Things got out of hand and I wasn't being my true self. I wasn't happy within.

Girls are a dime a dozen. You're seeing tons of fun girls and you're just partying. i guessing inside you're stilll really lonely and don't know what to do.

My solution was to stop dating and focus on yourself. I have girls who are in the same situations, power dating and just really wanting to settle, but they cant' seen to be happy when they are alone.

take the time to stop dating for 1 month and focus on your friendships. One must learn to be content with what they have,.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter_sashimi View Post
^ All the men you described are rich, famous and fairly good looking. They can live any sort of life they choose.
Well. I could name people that I know that aren't celebrities but those names would be meaningless to the OP. They're neither famous and alright in the looks dept. Not rich but fairly well-off.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #17
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

u ever watch 2.5 men?
gnu5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #18
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Be happy u got a gf. Some of us can't even find one!
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #19
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
This is the problem I'm going through, but I'm 5 years younger then you. Awesome girls come and go, some even stay for two years but it never goes past that. I get bored and want to move onto someone different. I wish I could give you adivce, but I'm in the same boat

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #20
My homepage has been set to RS

dont change. the second you do you will regret it.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #21
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Maybe you should stop dating girls that make moves on you.....not that there are anything wrong with them.....but if you wear the pants in the relationship all the time...it will get boring. You gotta find someone that is out of your comfort zone....someone that you would actually worry about losing because they are very able to find somone else better than you.
Sodium is offline   Reply With Quote