REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 04-15-2014, 12:13 AM   #201
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
gonna be in ho chi minh in june. can anybody recommend any gyms?
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2014, 12:15 AM   #202
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

go to the Travel clinic
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:17 AM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00n_oo7 View Post
My wife and I are going to Vietnam and Cambodia for 2 weeks in Aug 2014. I've digging ideas of which Cities to stay at and there are so much to see. So I'm reaching to you guys/girls for your help.
The cities we have in mind so far is just HCM, Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. We don't care too much about resorts and more into history, temples, markets and lots of food and eats.

Any kind of help would be great!
go up to Hanoi then head over to Ha Long Bay and you have to go to Sapa

two weeks will be very tight but doable
Old 04-15-2014, 08:50 AM   #204
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Any one going to Vietnam make sure you check out the worlds largest cave! I found out about it once I got back home.

World's Largest Cave, Son Doong, Prepping For First Public Tours
MikeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:43 AM   #205

ya not exactly a small trek....they're also only doing very limited access to it

there are many other caves in north vietnam.....i'm planning on checking a few out when we're there in a few months....in thailand right now
Old 05-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #206
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

in hanoi right now.anyone know any good places to check out for touristy things, also what clubs are good here?
areyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:45 AM   #207
Need to Seek Professional Help

The Bank, Rooftop, Taboo Lounge, Angelinas at Metropole, Lift Lounge, Nineteen Club. Places come and go quickly in Hanoi so I can't guarantee that they will still be good or busy.

Hanoi Hotel and Fortuna Hotel for clubs specific to having female hostesses.

Most places close between 12am and 1am so head out early. As a tourist you will have a tough time finding places after 1am but try asking around as there are some spots in the Old Quarter. You can usually find some places around Hoan Kiem Lake, Truc Bach Lake and West Lake.

Can find more at 9life.vn/
Old 05-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #208
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

whoever is in Vietnam right now, i'm wondering how the situation actually is as I'm planning to go to Vietnam in August.
sp00n_oo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #209

its business as usual.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:20 PM   #210

i'll be there in about a month...anyone still living there?
Old 06-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #211
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Not too far from Hanoi is Ha Long Bay. A must see if you are in Vietnam!
speediandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:16 PM   #212
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I have applied a Vietnam visa online and it takes only 2 days.
benhungto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #213

Going to Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh and HP) on December 29th til Feb 1st with 3 other girl friends to visit family and attend a wedding! Any suggestions on how to tour around the country? I'm also hoping to go to laos/cambodia/countries around VN as well!
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:02 AM   #214

that's not alot of time to do them all really properly but if you fly and only hit the main cities/attractions you'll be ok

i miss vietnam so much
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #215

ohh, what would you suggest
i think we're going to nha trang too!

so.... i'm actually leaving on feb 11th now. staying 45 days total

Last edited by guurl; 11-17-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:40 PM   #216

how much do you want to see....you could do 30 days in vietnam alone, and still have tons you won't see
Old 11-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #217
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 01-23-2015 at 01:01 PM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:45 PM   #218

hanoi backpackers is the one he's talking about....really nice but expensive, always busy. also try central city backpackers, that's who we did our ha long bay tour through

hanoi backpackers had just stared a new "tourist" only hop on hop off bus service from hanoi all the way down to hoi an (and back up) when we were there..do it, it was great. nice clean buses with drivers/guides that alteast understood english, you got a snack and water and there was a bunch of stops along the way that you can chose to go to or not, then just get back on the next bus when ever you want.....was very well priced
Old 11-18-2014, 08:27 PM   #219

It really depends on what you want to do during this trip. If you want to spend the extra time to travel by bus or train to save money then that is one option. Flights will be a bit more expensive but still cheap. I would suggest you start booking now because flights and hotels will go up around Western NYE and will also start to go up and be more full end of January/Early Feb as people are getting ready for Tet.

Depending on arrival into Vietnam I would suggest this:

Land in Hanoi then bus or train it to places like Sapa, Ha Long Bay and Hai Phong. From either Hai Phong or Hanoi take plane to Da Nang. From Da Nang bus,car to Hoi An and Hue. Fly from Da Nang to Nha Trang take the bus to Da Lat. Nha Trang is close enough to HCMC where you can take a sleeper bus or something or do the 45 minute flight. From HCMC you can bus/car to Vung Tau, Phan Thiet/Mui Ne and the Mekong areas. From HCMC fly to Phu Quoc or Con Dao.

Last edited by scottsman; 11-18-2014 at 08:33 PM.
scottsman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #220
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Where do you guys get visas online?
Me n few friends will be arriving Jan 2 and leaving around early Feb
Starting from HCM and slowly head to the north.
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #221

Things to do in HCM that you guys would recommend? Like where to go sightseeing, which temples youd recommend visiting... I'm on a budget of ~3ish4ish grand during my whole stay so that itinerary might be a bit too much for me starting from north to south since I'll be buying gifts, going out drinking, clubs etc. Although I will be stopping by Hai Phong to visit friends family and Thailand.

Last edited by guurl; 11-22-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:30 AM   #222

I find HCM a city best enjoyed at night however during the day there are a few things you can do such as visit the war museums, cathedral, walking around the CBD in district 1 near Park Hyatt can also be good. What sucks about HCM now is that there is some pretty intrusive construction going on for the subway system which has basically split the main areas in two.

Definitely check out Chill Skybar as they probably have the best cocktails and view in the city. In the evenings it is pretty bumping. search facebook - like.chill.saigon

For mixed bars/lounges/clubs I would suggest - Martini Bar @ Park Hyatt, Xu Lounge, Blanchey for late nights, Lush. For the 1 - 3 am spots I would suggest Apocalypse(Apo), going to be a bits sleezy but the place has been there for like 20 years so worth it for a drink.

After hours head to Pham Ngu Lao, nicknamed the back packers area, there will be a couple places called Crazy Buffalo and GO 2 Bar. Again going to be sleezy and watch your stuff but depends what your after.

If you and your friends are looking more for the refined club experience then check out Sin or Ace. Typical bottle service places with mixed music.

Could go on and on so feel free to PM me for more details.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:22 PM   #223
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Hey guys, i'm going to Vietnam in January. Where is the best place to get a visa?
sil-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #224

has anyone bothered to even google it?? it's pretty damn simple online

make sure you guys have all the correct pictures and everything too
Old 11-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #225
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil-300 View Post
Hey guys, i'm going to Vietnam in January. Where is the best place to get a visa?
got mine from vietnamtravel.ca

if you have the newest passport then you will need to submit a passport size photo. If you have the older style then you can simply scan your passport and submit your info.
91cord is offline   Reply With Quote