REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Anyone taken nutrisystem before? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/584967-anyone-taken-nutrisystem-before.html)

MASTER_J 08-06-2009 10:07 AM

Anyone taken nutrisystem before?

Has anyone taken nutrisystem or know someone who has? Does it work? I'm thinking about doing it to lose some weight because it regulates your eating, limiting your calorie intake.

SkinnyPupp 08-06-2009 08:45 PM

Limiting calories doesn't cause you to lose weight. Eat less junk (bread, rice, pasta, etc), and do more exercise, and you will lose weight pretty much immediately.

RayBot 08-07-2009 02:20 AM

Just looking at the site, because i'm always curious about new ways to lose a couple more pounds.

But $350+ for them to deliver food that you don't know how long you're going to stick with?

I think the only diet thats actually going to work is the one you're willing to stick with. And one thats almost 400 bucks and comes in a box.....not something i want to be doing. Two of my friends do this USANA shake thing; it works for them (so far)! But to me its like a drug rehab, but with food instead. All their stuff on their 'menu' is stuff you can put together just by going grocery shopping.

But what SkinnyPupp says is on the money...can't really disagree at all. Can't lose weight if your metabolism is...well, not up to par. Nutrisystem isn't going to motivate you to get some excercise...they just provide the food. Once you get really motivated to excercise, gain a good metab, and lose weight by the means skinny pupp is talking about....you won't have to worry about
those 500 calorie drinks like you get at starbucks.

RRxtar 08-07-2009 09:30 AM

the RRxtar guide to a healthy diet:

step 1: remove or drastically limit the following from your diet: POP!!!, chips, chocolate bars, french fries, gooey cheeseburgers, white bread, white rice, white pasta, potatos, other junk food, other fast food, deep fried anything, anything you dont make in your own kitchen.

step 2: exercise exercise exercise

step 3: introduce more dark coloured vegetables and fruit, replace the empty carbs you removed in step 1 with more complex carbs such as multi grain or flax bread, whole wheat pasta, wild rice. eat more lean meat and skinless chicken. add a multivitamin and omega 3

step 4: exercise exercise exercise

step 5: profit.

disclaimer: if at any point you said "i wonder if theres a pill i can take to lose weight", this program is not right for you. fitness takes work and dedication and most importantly, a mindset and desire to improve. it is not a magic fix or something you fall into, it is a chosen lifestyle (like gay lifestyle but without the want for buttzex).

SkinnyPupp 08-07-2009 06:57 PM

And remember, the type of exercise is important too. People always assume that "target heart rate" is the key to exercise. Things like cardio, aerobics, and crap like that. But what happens? Many people end up getting fatter because their body makes up for all the effort by wanting to move even less the next day, and eat even more. Or they just give up because it is fucking boring as hell, and tiring. Generally, it's a waste of time.

If you really want to lose fat, you need to exercise the right way. And that means resistance training. Look up "metabolic resistance training" (I believe that's what some trainers are calling it) and find a program to follow. Add on HIIT, and your fat will melt away.