REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-06-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Lease Buyout

Hi guys

I was just wondering if you can negotiate the lease buyout price of a vehicle. I think I want to buyout my lexus rx 330 instead of getting a new one. Also, are there any other things I should know about buying out a lease? This is the first vehicle I have ever leased and had planned to return the leased vehicle, but I do not like the new rx 350 so I guess I will purchase it the rx 330.

Thanks
Advertisement
Aloger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

i dun think u can. The lease payment is calculated accoring the buyout/residual value. That means the buyout price is agreed upon when the lease was signed.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
It should be whatever your buyout is plus tax of course and like above I'm almost positive it is non negotiable. You had the option to negotiate when you leased your vehicle, you signed a contract and agreed to pay "X" amount of dollars over a certain term with the option to buy it for "Y". You can't go back at the end and renegotiate "Y", it would defeat the whole purpose of the original contract.

If the buyout is more then what it would cost you to buy that same vehicle just give it back, walk away and buy one from someone else. If it's less then go for it.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
I'm invisible

On the insurance side, the current insurance will be canceled, and you will need to purchase new insurance and new plates.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
just think about it, why would they bother negotiating with you? They've already guaranteed your sale sort of, although u wouldn't go back but seeing as it's lexus I don't see any reason to go back neways for a while
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

but is it a gain for the dealer when the leaser decides not to buyout?
if its not, wouldnt they want us to buy it by negotiating the price?
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #7
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
the lease is a contract with the leasing company not the dealer. the price on the lease agreement is the price you pay. 9/10 times it is non negotiable. never hurts to ask though.

typically if you choose not to buyout the lease, the leasing company puts the car up for auction and dealers will bid on it.

I bought my car off a lease return a couple months ago, so I did a lot of homework surrounding buyouts and the rules.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #8
racing & tech mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsimi1004 View Post
but is it a gain for the dealer when the leaser decides not to buyout?
if its not, wouldnt they want us to buy it by negotiating the price?
Not neccessarily. Quite often, we have lease returns where OUR DEALER BUYOUTS, while still less than the customer's buyout was, are still SKY HIGH. We say screw it, let it go to auction.

Most times they are NOT negotiable.
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #9
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
you can negotiate...... you can negotiate everything.... its been done ^^
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #10
racing & tech mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
you can negotiate...... you can negotiate everything.... its been done ^^
You can not negotiate a Ford lease buyout. Most manufacturers are also non-negotiable at lease-end.

3rd party leases like Dominion or WS leasing, are sometimes, but rarely, negotiable.
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #11
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
my dad tried to negotiate a buyout price with benz, we were talking to a dealer of ours and he said that he never heard a case where the buyer was able to get a price lower than the price which benz issued. Good luck to you tho
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote