REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Okanagan Automotive Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/okanagan-automotive-chat_153/)
-   -   Hot Night Drags (https://www.revscene.net/forums/584995-hot-night-drags.html)

zumvette 08-06-2009 03:54 PM

Hot Night Drags

Well boys and girls its Ashcroft time this weekend. Who's going? I am not racing the puking diesel this time. Checking rules for quad racing hoping to race that. Calling to see if I can get a dyno sess lined for sat morn, its running horrible in the middle but decent up top at wot.

Name, rocketship, et

1. Zumbo, the quad Suzuki 450, hoping for anything in the 8's for 1/8

hopin to see the Geno wheelstand mobile and the angry bee 11 sec civic of justins.

jeffh 08-06-2009 05:20 PM

there must be a better night to go up. theres ufc on sat night and its still summer.

Iceman-19 08-06-2009 09:42 PM

Yes, I also have no car. Im not racing a cobalt rental car.

68bird 08-06-2009 10:04 PM

yup i'll be there stop by and say hello, just want to make 3 or 4 wide open passes if all feels good in the trialer she goes and off to pinks wednesday what she runs she runs then when we get back we'll start cenking it up

geno

fourtirefire 08-06-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffh (Post 6536276)
there must be a better night to go up. theres ufc on sat night and its still summer.

this is the last opportunity at night drags for this year.

zumvette 08-07-2009 01:17 PM

Geno I am curious of your trans setup? I remember reading that it was a street car, have a tbrake? big loose stall?

So I called around and no one wants to dyno my quad.
OTP said they think their dyno is too big and wont read my numbers lame,
Southwest motorad said yes when I went in there to talk then when I called to setup a time they said it cant be done lame,
Elite their website says it will do bikes so I went in to see about setting up a time and the dyno guy said he doesnt know how to do the motorcycle dyno cuz they have a weight setting and it doesnt go that low gay balls,
anywhere i missed??

68bird 08-10-2009 11:41 PM

it is a powerglide with a brake with a 10 inch 3000 stall it is not to bad driving on the street

as for your quad i did some testing with our dyno working with pure power which is a company in town here that does quads and bikes they gave me a quad to try it on the dyno spent a couple of nights after hours figuring out the proper aprox test wieghts came up with a weight formula did a couple of test pulls gave them the results and they were happy and siad they were pretty close all depends on the track with

geno

zumvette 08-12-2009 09:48 PM

Serious? So you did some pulls with a quad? what kinda power was it making? Based off what other quads similar mods done have dyno'd I should be between 50-53hp and 34-35 ft/lbs. Ill truck the quad to the loops for a session if you can tune it? Way better than having to go to Calgary like the bike shop in town here told me.

What kind of quad was it? What was done to it?

I wish I could have made it out to see your car but I think just going to thunder here in ktown is good enuf and not its not 100L to get there and back, lol.

What did your car run? Shit ur on ur way to pinks, not jealous at all. Fack