REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Ever been in a situation where... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/585165-ever-been-situation-where.html)

!Nhan 08-08-2009 12:20 AM

Ever been in a situation where...

Where you like someone, and they're in a current relationship but unhappy? This happened to me awhile back, where I liked a girl who wasn't very satisfied with her boyfriend, but wouldn't leave him. A friend of mine told me to tell her what I can offer and give her options of other guys.

Just wondering if anyone has been in this situation, and if you have what did you do about it?

Yes I know it's homewrecking, but with that aside what did/didn't you do?

bbqsauce 08-08-2009 08:09 AM

im in the same situation right now, i met this girl for a month now and she would never mention her bf. i askd her early on whether she has a BF she just said "ya, but he's going back to asia" then it never came up. she would tell me she lives w/ a roommate, and her roommate picks her up after class and etc.

was only 2 days ago when i found out she's actually living w/ her BF since i HAD to go to her home to wait for her to put on make up(we'r doing a photography project). i met her bf and we chatted abit, it feels awkward cuz he knows my name yet i dunno ANYTHING about him. when the BF topic actually came up she said how she's unhappy and they argue alot.

we hang out alot during school hrs and shes very comfortable w/ me and such, but its hard to get some time alone w/ her after a certain time or weekends cuz her bf picks her up from class every day and they live together.

i've been in a similiar situation b4 w/ my ex. we were unhappy and there was a guy she met thru work, she ended up ending all contacts w/ that guy cuz she didnt want to jeopardize our relationship. (we broke up later for diff reasons)

i dunno yet how ill approach it but i think its much harder for girls that live w/ their bf than girls that live alone. since if she leaves her bf she has no where to go.

wasabisashimi 08-08-2009 09:39 AM

its like stealing a car with LoJack, or a "bait car"

hirevtuner 08-08-2009 06:11 PM

i was working with this girl at work before and she told me how unhappy with her bf basically one night talked, we made out and did stuff...but she came on to me =)
ever since leaving work, haven't talked to her since so i suppose she hasn't left him
but no attached feelings no committments
so win for me

asian_XL 08-08-2009 11:03 PM

you and her bf are like two magnets.
it's easy to see which side is stronger.

like a girl I met in my yr1...she would ditch her bf and preferred to stick with me (hang out and stay at my place), I could totally see which way she was going.

What I did do?
- got her laid
- told her "you should stick with your bf"

what I didn't do?
- bagged myself
- took picture of her and mail it to her bf

Dinan3 08-08-2009 11:40 PM

Been there, and failed.

hotjoint 08-10-2009 07:21 AM

I think everyone has been in this situation once in their lives, its very common

!Shuya80 08-11-2009 12:46 AM

I will put it very simply. Her bad relationship is her and her bf's problem. There is NO reason at all that you or anyone should be interfering.

q0192837465 08-11-2009 02:56 PM

Girls never really mean wut they say. She prolly say she's unhappy just to have u on the hook. It could be that her bf promised to buy her a $5000 ring but instead got her a $3000 one. She now thinks her bf is the worst person on Earth cuz he has commitment issues and can never keep his promise. She's the most unlucky girl in the world & their relationship is so not satisfying.

Gatsby 08-11-2009 04:26 PM

dont be a home wrecker

Psykopathik 08-13-2009 01:10 PM

been there, failed that.

in the end i didn't make my move (although she was hoping i would) because of the stigma of being a home wrecker. so i just pussied out and went home. she broke up with the guy soon after anyways and had planned to do so anyways. i just would have sped it along. but by the time she was single again, had my sights on another.

i still often wonder what might have been. and when i do bump into her, i feel awkward.

younglude 08-14-2009 02:17 AM

I did it, girl turned out to be a nut job. what a waste

Culture_Vulture 08-14-2009 03:09 AM

Agreeing with most of the above posts.
Just because she isn't happy doesn't give YOU any right to homewreck. If things don't work out for them they'll eventually break off...and once that happens it's free game.

!Nhan 08-14-2009 07:13 AM

I'm not in this situation right now, I was somewhat in it before and I didn't do anything and I was wondering if other people have been there and wondered what they did.

Yes I know it's homewrecking, but if you had read my post you can see that I already stated the obvious.

Kamui712 08-14-2009 09:02 AM

bwahaha OK so here's the thing, you need to know (not think) that the girl is seriously considering breaking up. If she is you have a chance, if she's not then get lost.

Almost every girl I know will bitch about their bf and say they're unhappy. How many of them will really want to break up and move on? Almost none.

It's not impossible, but you need to spend time with them and listen to all their drama and bitching. It's not guaranteed that they'll date you if you spend time with them so don't think they owe it to you or anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by !nhan (Post 6538199)
A friend of mine told me to tell her what I can offer and give her options of other guys.

Was this friend a girl by any chance? It's not a fucking buffet for her to choose from, if you give her the option of someone else then you're basically saying it's OK if she dates anyone other than you. Ever looked at a menu and just picked what picture looked the most attractive? That's what you just offered to her.

IronLeg 09-01-2009 12:10 PM

Just try and remember it takes two 2 fight, and more times then not, if she does decide to split and come over 2 your side, she may bring some of the guns and ammo she was using to battle with her actual bf

my ruling? shake your ass....but watch yourself

03aspec 09-01-2009 04:34 PM

lol, same thing happened to me.. i fell for my best friends girl. the girl at the time was also my best friend, it was seriously the most fucked up situation ive ever been in. luckily though, my buddy was chill about it and the girl and my buddy broke up anyways, so it turned out good. hahaha

jbsali 09-01-2009 04:36 PM

shes using the guy as a security blanket

jeffh 09-01-2009 05:10 PM

is he bigger than you?
i was on the recieving ends of one these, the guy trying to get in there is almost always just friend zone material, and a chump for trying. you might end up with a wired jaw if you arent careful

Lil Bastrd 09-03-2009 01:32 PM

You are getting strung along. Hate to break it to you but you are giving her the attention she wants, and all she has to do is whine about her bf. If she has been lying to you about the situation between her and him I wouldn't put much faith in the other stuff she's been telling you. Run don't walk

underscore 09-04-2009 02:55 AM

^ A+

I had this happen twice, once I fell for it, the other time I didn't. Bitch just wants attention, she cant string her boyfriend along so she's stringing you along.

like LB said, run.