REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Where can you buy Extra lean red meats? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/585331-where-can-you-buy-extra-lean-red-meats.html)

DC5-S 08-09-2009 11:11 PM

Where can you buy Extra lean red meats?

I went to costco last week and they only had lean red meats (15% fat).. im looking for 7%, but i cant seem to find it.. i looked at superstore and was unable too.. Also, where do you guys shop for tuna, chicken etc for best prices? and do you eat any other protein foods besides those? I saw someone the other day buying "flakes of chicken" cans along with tuna cans.. not sure exactly what it is.. he bought so many cartons of egg whites, flakes of chicken, tuna and some other stuff

SkinnyPupp 08-10-2009 02:45 AM

Why the fuck would you want to do that to yourself? Are you living in 1983?

hamsup 08-10-2009 06:39 AM

Costco in the states sell cheap chicken.. although after the gas and exchange rate.. its not THAT cheap.

Canned tuna is cheap at costco... i usually buy my stash there..

Extra Lean ground beef.. i usually buy that at safeway.. although... it doesn't taste all that great..

SkinnyPupp 08-10-2009 07:19 AM

People: Fat does not make you fat. Learn!

411ken 08-10-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6540387)
Why the fuck would you want to do that to yourself? Are you living in 1983?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6540387)
People: Fat does not make you fat. Learn!

Seriously, just relax...... if you can't answer the OP's question, just leave the thread alone and let others who knows answer instead these types of comments.

I myself don't know where to get what the OP wants so I'll be leaving now... =)

SkinnyPupp 08-10-2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 6540464)
Seriously, just relax...... if you can't answer the OP's question, just leave the thread alone and let others who knows answer instead these types of comments.

I myself don't know where to get what the OP wants so I'll be leaving now... =)

I am answering the OP's question. The answer is: It is stupid to eat such lean food. He is basically starving his body of essential healthy fat and replacing it with garbage.

My replies are far more helpful than someone telling him where to buy 7% lean beef.

hal0g0dv2 08-10-2009 07:42 AM

hey.
any grocery store will have lean read meat or extra lean meat ( safe way and such ) i would stay away from that flaked chicken crap, it has tons of sodium in it. just buy chicken breast when they go on sale, sometimes u can get the lilydale box ones for like 24 bucks or something like that

411ken 08-10-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6540475)
I am answering the OP's question. The answer is: It is stupid to eat such lean food. He is basically starving his body of essential healthy fat and replacing it with garbage.

My replies are far more helpful than someone telling him where to buy 7% lean beef.

Lol, i know what you intended but ya.. the question is "where" and not why....

Who knows, maybe the OP has been watching a lot of videos from BJPENN.COM site where he eats just lean meat/hamburgers ;)

Next topic..

Brown Rice ;P

SkinnyPupp 08-10-2009 07:54 AM

BJ Penn eats lean meat? LOL that's hilarious. Anderson Silva eats Big Macs :D

DC5-S 08-10-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6540475)

no, your reply was not helpful too me.. because i am already getting more healthy fats then I shuold be on a day to day basic.. i get 135g's a day and im suppose to get half my bodyweight which would be 80g.. which is why i want extra lean red meats.. and im gonna go check out safeway tomo

SkinnyPupp 08-10-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 6541112)
im suppose to get half my bodyweight

Why do you think that?

unnamed1 08-10-2009 05:22 PM

why dont u just answer his question instead of trying to give him advice

have u ever thought he has a good balanced nutrition/split right now and doesn't want to go over his daily calorie/fat intake?

why dont u post pictures of yourself so we can see how your high fat, high protein, low carb diet is working out.

hal0g0dv2 08-10-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 6540496)
Lol, i know what you intended but ya.. the question is "where" and not why....

Who knows, maybe the OP has been watching a lot of videos from BJPENN.COM site where he eats just lean meat/hamburgers ;)

Next topic..

Brown Rice ;P

i love brown rice
lots of protein and fiber yes

E=mc˛ 08-10-2009 05:44 PM

yo SkinnyPupp,

Just a friendly suggestion. You should post the "why" part of your post in your initial post as opposed to leaving people going "wtf is ur problem" before you explain what you mean in your follow-up posts.

That way everyone's happy :)

SkinnyPupp 08-10-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MXQBLGH (Post 6541250)
yo SkinnyPupp,

Just a friendly suggestion. You should post the "why" part of your post in your initial post as opposed to leaving people going "wtf is ur problem" before you explain what you mean in your follow-up posts.

That way everyone's happy :)

I would have made fun of his answer anyway, because it was sure to be stupid. We'll see I guess :)

waddy41 08-17-2009 07:06 PM

Where does the OP get his fats if he's not getting it from meat?

RRxtar 08-17-2009 09:11 PM

dairy? eggs?

even lean ground beef is still 15% fat

hal0g0dv2 08-17-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waddy41 (Post 6551649)
Where does the OP get his fats if he's not getting it from meat?

nuts, peanut butter , dairy , yogurt , legumes , eggs , wholewheat pasta , cheese ,

hal0g0dv2 08-17-2009 10:39 PM

whey