REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   [Confidential] Feeling left out (https://www.revscene.net/forums/585699-%5Bconfidential%5D-feeling-left-out.html)

El Bastardo 08-13-2009 12:12 AM

[Confidential] Feeling left out

The following is an Anonymous submission from a Revscene member. If the OP would like to respond to anything said in this thread, please PM me.

A coworker from another department is getting married soon. He invited some of the people he works directly with to his wedding - which makes sense. He also invited two girls from my department.

What bothers me is that I wasn't invited! You see, every few months, we (as in the groom, the two girls from my department [plus one's partner, other is single], plus 2 other girls [and their partners] who used to work here) all hang out after work for drinks, dinner, etc. The last time we went out, I even met his fiancee! The reason we started hanging out together even though he's from another area is because we're all around the same age (early to mid 30s), and we all started around the same time. If I find out he invited those 2 girls that don't work here anymore, I'm gonna be real pissed!

I guess I just feel left out. Or what I thought of our "friendship" was totally wrong. Next time one of us suggests hanging out, I'm gonna be a dick and not go!

Am I just being a pussy, or am I right in feeling this way?

Mr.HappySilp 08-13-2009 12:22 AM

who cares is a wedding. Maybe he though u were too close to his fiancee?

Just leave it. If he ask you out sure go for it. If he doens't invite you then whatever.

Noir 08-13-2009 08:33 AM

I'd be happy not having to go.

But in your case, no. I wouldn't be offended.

asian_XL 08-13-2009 09:27 AM

you should be glad, at least you don't have to buy him a wedding gift.

bsftong 08-13-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6545207)
I'd be happy not having to go.

But in your case, no. I wouldn't be offended.

Agreed. If it wasn't family or a super close friend, I rather not go.

vo_hantu 08-13-2009 10:09 AM

You know how much a wedding cost? Not everyone can be invited...don't be so offended. It's his wedding afterall.

I'm thinking he used you to get to the girls. Did you ever go out with just you and groom? I bet he'd only go out if the girls went out as well.

q0192837465 08-13-2009 11:31 AM

Is OP a girl?

muteki 08-13-2009 11:36 AM

Saves you money and you don't have to spend hours being bored to death.
It seems like you're not that close to the guy at all.

RabidRat 08-13-2009 11:46 AM

assuming you're a girl: yeah weddings are really expensive, he can't afford to invite everyone. i think it was a bad move on his part to invite any coworkers at all though. inviting some, but not others, is a bit of a dick move haha

if you're a guy: whatever man, suck it up! =p

Noir 08-13-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsftong (Post 6545294)
Agreed. If it wasn't family or a super close friend, I rather not go.

:werd: I didn't even want to go to my own wedding.

Psykopathik 08-13-2009 01:03 PM

same think happened to me. except got invited to wedding and not the reception afterwards. i knew the person for years and worked with them a lot. even went to the same highschool and knew many of the same people.

people at the wedding asked if i was going to dinner after. boy can you imagine how i felt saying "I wan't invited..." like you said maybe they don't think of you as that close. its a cold slap in the face. but you gotta suck it up. we all aren't as popular as we think we are.

i woulda rather she not have mentioned the wedding to me at all.

athough it is true, you cant invite everyone you'd like to. a budget is finite.

liu13 08-13-2009 01:24 PM

it's a wedding dude, not a bachelor's party

tiger_handheld 08-13-2009 01:29 PM

congrats the guy on the wedding and show ur interested, if u r really desperate to go...

Jackwimmer 08-13-2009 03:59 PM

lol i love not having to go to random weddings

hirevtuner 08-13-2009 06:26 PM

crash the wedding
just invite yourself

El Bastardo 08-13-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian_XL (Post 6545269)
you should be glad, at least you don't have to buy him a wedding gift.

Heh, that's what my wife said. Doesn't really apply to me cuz if you're in my good books (which he WAS), I'm pretty generous...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vo_hantu (Post 6545319)
I'm thinking he used you to get to the girls. Did you ever go out with just you and groom? I bet he'd only go out if the girls went out as well.

Nah, he does his job well and is very helpful, so he's pretty popular with everyone in the office. No, I haven't gone out with just the groom himself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by q0192837465 (Post 6545423)
Is OP a girl?

No, I'm a dude. But currently, it feels like I just grew a vagina.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplyComplex (Post 6545427)
It seems like you're not that close to the guy at all.

Guess this is the truest statement of all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RabidRat (Post 6545436)
assuming you're a girl: yeah weddings are really expensive, he can't afford to invite everyone. i think it was a bad move on his part to invite any coworkers at all though. inviting some, but not others, is a bit of a dick move haha

if you're a guy: whatever man, suck it up! =p

Yeah my wife told me to suck it up. I have no problem with him inviting his immediate coworkers - I have a problem with him inviting two of MY immediate coworkers and not me, even though we all hang out after work for drinks! When I got married, I invited my immediate coworkers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 6545578)
congrats the guy on the wedding and show ur interested, if u r really desperate to go...

Well, the wedding is today (Friday)...

Thanks for your reply, Turbo E; it's nice to see that I'm not the only person to feel this way.

At the very least, I hope he considered inviting me. Man, I used to not care about these sort of things. I guess this touches upon the basic human need of wanting to feel included. Sucks to be on the outside looking in.

eclipseman 08-13-2009 11:32 PM

I don't know about you, but having to go to so many weddings in a span of 5 years is tedious. I'd rather not go...

El Bastardo 08-15-2009 12:13 AM

The following is a reply from the Anonymous poster

I forgot to mention that the main reason this has been bugging me so much is the fact that I kinda expected to be invited (how presumptuous) - especially if the 2 coworkers from my area were invited. Ironically, I've always told people to have low/no expectations so that they'll never be disappointed.

Durrann1984 08-15-2009 12:53 AM

you all would feel leftover if someone didnt invite u to their wedding
nothing wrong with how the OP feels

dont lie guys

Noir 08-15-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrann1984 (Post 6547950)
dont lie guys

No lie. I'd rather not go.

BallPeenHammer 08-20-2009 12:31 PM

i would be too.

I've been passed up before when I thought i'm close to the bride or groom. When this kinda shit happens, I just stop talking to them. If they actually care, they'd call back.

You did a little better than me. I was supposed to be best man at a good friend's (known him for 5+ years, helped him through a lot of shit) wedding until I got into an arguement with another groomsman over something else and he smacked talked about me out of it.

And they didn't even tell me straight up. I found out from someone else. lol.

Needless to say. Not really gonna bother with the dude no more. As a matter of fact, the whole group of them.

So cheer up. Shit happens. Just brush the dirt off your shoulders and walk on.

yellowpower 08-20-2009 05:01 PM

If you really want to go, why not invite your friends and him to get some drinks? That way he could remember you, because maybe he just forgot.

Razor Ramon HG 08-23-2009 11:45 PM

Look on the bright side, you don't have to spend any cash.

skyxx 08-24-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG (Post 6560735)
Look on the bright side, you don't have to spend any cash.

What's your "Number" Razor Ramon? I'll give you a "call" when I'm lonely. ;)

Mugen EvOlutioN 09-01-2009 01:33 PM

i like vaginas

wedding crashherrrr

think this way, u saved money for not giving him money/gifts