REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-off-topic_147/)
-   -   have you lost it (https://www.revscene.net/forums/585821-have-you-lost.html)

NashMan 08-14-2009 12:59 AM

have you lost it

i am not sure but have you lost the will to work on your car

me my self well it not my goal any more but i will still work on it when i have to

who feel's the same

Nightwalker 08-14-2009 01:14 AM

Feels great when I get to, but it's rare.

projectcivic 08-14-2009 02:13 AM

Lost it years ago. Every so often I get a quick urge to work on it and make some changes but that usually only lasts a few minutes or hours. Generally I could care less about my my car anymore.

Great68 08-14-2009 07:03 AM

Yeah, I had all sorts of plans for the Mustang that aren't really happening anymore since I have to drive all the way up to Cowichan Bay to work on it. And now since I bought the MS3 I lost interest even more.

I still love driving it though.

ostampflee 08-14-2009 07:37 AM

Yes and no... I've been spending 10-12 hours a week in the garage and basically making no progress whatsoever.

m1ataman 08-14-2009 08:44 AM

I lost it a long time ago but since I'm a poor bastard finances force me to do most of my own work. There are times (often) when it's nice to have a son who's a mechanic. After the money pits my 4runner and '91 Miata were and now that the Beetle is mostly done, I can take it easy for awhile.

Eastwood 08-14-2009 09:02 AM

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I rarely work on my car anymore unless I'm doing maintenance issues - plugs, oil, air filter.

Super Dipper 08-14-2009 09:37 AM

nope havent lost and prolly wont.

BC-X 08-14-2009 09:37 AM

Thats why i gave up and bought new. Pay more monthly, and let the warranty do all of the work. Get rid of car before its over, and start again.

But yeah, same as said above... besides the basics, or the stuff i'm too cheap to have done, i do it myself.

Renthal 08-14-2009 06:19 PM

lost it, sold the truck after too many hours in....

bigger things come up in life like buying a house or condo or working more for extra money, then blowing 500 bucks for a downpipe or a grand for a turbo

At the end of the day I want to drive something unique and stands out... so you either buy it that way, or do it yourself

NashMan 08-14-2009 06:21 PM

any one buy a house right now is stuiped really but that is just me

Darb 2k 08-14-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NashMan (Post 6547530)

What? Explain?

Id love to hear this one.

Super Dipper 08-14-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darb 2k (Post 6547737)
What? Explain?

Id love to hear this one.

yup im waiting to hear this....

projectcivic 08-15-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NashMan (Post 6547530)

???? please explain... the huge month of July mean the doom of real estate in Victoria now or?:confused:

ostampflee 08-15-2009 07:39 AM

Vancouver Island is going to drift into the ocean, that's why!

stevo911_ 08-15-2009 09:41 AM

I'd still like to work on my car, but playing with my motorcycle is more fun :p

Enraged 08-16-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by projectcivic (Post 6547975)
???? please explain... the huge month of July mean the doom of real estate in Victoria now or?:confused:

he is probably reffering to high prices and low interest rates, which will cause problems for alot of people when they go to renew their mortgages in 5 years. interest rates have nowhere to go but up, which can and will effect house prices.

for many people it is worth the risk, but i agree with ryan, i dont think right now is the best time to buy. yes july was a record sales month, but that has alot to do with first time buyers being approved for some of the lowest interest rates ever, and focusing on monthly payments rather than long term costs (ie the costs associated with a 35 year vs 25 year). i think there is alot of potential for a bubble burst and housing price crash.

again, alot of people have weighed the options, and obviously feel that it is worth the risk, and that is completely their decision. im alot more on the bear side of financial risk, so as always, take opinions with a grain of salt.

Darb 2k 08-16-2009 12:03 PM

Bubble burst? Highly doubt it. We live in the most desirable area in Canada. Victoria British Columbia is located in Canada's only sub tropical climate zone. As more and more people grow and retire, many see this area as becoming even more desirable.

Though I do agree what you posed as a risk, first time buyers not being able to renew their mortgage in 5 years will not cause a "Bubble Burst"

It was not just first time home buyers that contributed to such huge July sales figures.

None the less I think this topic deserves another thread :D

Enraged 08-16-2009 02:52 PM

are you a realtor? because that is exactly what they are spouting, almost word for word. I have yet to understand how people can move here and pay high prices if they can't sell their houses elsewhere (in the states, alberta, ontario, etc)?

there will always be a debate about it, with bears and bulls quoting figures that support their viewpoint. as i said, take EVERY opinion with a grain of salt, good or bad.

NashMan 08-16-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enraged (Post 6549425)
he is probably reffering to high prices and low interest rates, which will cause problems for alot of people when they go to renew their mortgages in 5 years. interest rates have nowhere to go but up, which can and will effect house prices.

for many people it is worth the risk, but i agree with ryan, i dont think right now is the best time to buy. yes july was a record sales month, but that has alot to do with first time buyers being approved for some of the lowest interest rates ever, and focusing on monthly payments rather than long term costs (ie the costs associated with a 35 year vs 25 year). i think there is alot of potential for a bubble burst and housing price crash.

again, alot of people have weighed the options, and obviously feel that it is worth the risk, and that is completely their decision. im alot more on the bear side of financial risk, so as always, take opinions with a grain of salt.

yuppers look what has happend in states in the past and even the persent

aspect got his house for stuiped cheep cause alot of people lost there homes

Darb 2k 08-16-2009 05:13 PM

So our more strict lending standards mean nothing?

I knew that statement went no where....

Why do I come to RS again?

EDIT: Sorry, here is a source to back my comment up:

http://topforeignstocks.com/2009/07/...sa-comparison/

NashMan 08-16-2009 05:57 PM

darb 2k

it's just a big $$$ risk that is all

job suck out here and it's hard to find good paying job's

what would you do if you lost your job and then the houseings crash there's lot's of if and or butt's

all so lots of these house that are made now are cheeply built and packed in like sardin's
like buddies house he takes piss/shower and looks into the next house's kicthin table

every one is out there to make a buck it's called greeed

Nightwalker 08-16-2009 06:31 PM

Canada is not the US, I don't think we'll have any US-style crash. I'm very happy having just purchased now, while there was a price adjustment. We ARE in the most desirable area of the country and prices will begin creeping up again.

My mortgage + strata fee on my townhouse is less than rent on the condo I was renting. If things go wrong, I can always take a roomate.