REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 08-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
posh dinner menu

How different is the menu compared to the lunch menu.
Advertisement
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

isn't the dinner menu exactly the same as the lunch menu? at least it was last year.
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
http://www.303-posh.com/

Call and ask.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
RS Operative (G)

thanks can you call
Old 08-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
Salad makes me squirt ranch dressing. Only half of that is an analogy.

^lol
[jsx] sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
Banned (BBM)

POSH sucks like donkey ass

dip everything in soy sauce, veggies, and meat

thats it

nothing else

2nd round will taste like ass because u will be so tired of the fucking soy sauce

Hot pot > posh anyday
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #7
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

posh isnt even hot pot .. HAHA it's jack shit.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #8
RS Operative (G)

w0w so much negative , were can u go for 11 bucks for lunch and fill up on beef and veggies, plus eat all you want , i don't think anyone has ever said anything good about a hotpot place ever
Old 08-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #9
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
i somewhat agree with mugen evolution
it's overrated
that and whenever i go my group gets too greedy and ends up ordering too much meat
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #10
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

if u want good hot pot for a decent price, go to topgun in crystal, it used to be shitty but they changed up the stuff, and its really good now!! dont doubt me until u go urself!, also chubby lamb in richmond on alexandra, but u aint gonna find many hot pot choices during lunch.
Posh sucks ass....2 types of meat, rest veggies....
gnu5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:53 AM   #11
degenerate extraordinaire

yeah that was one thing I didn't like about posh... either beef or pork? only two choices of meat.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:22 AM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

The only difference between lunch and dinner is u get more choice in vegies lol..
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #13
Ubereem Mod

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukiyaki

It's not hot pot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_pot

My fav.Hot pot place is little fat mongolian lamb @ Landswdowne.

So good, if you want eat all it, gets pretty pricy, very pricy.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #14
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
POSH sucks like donkey ass

dip everything in soy sauce, veggies, and meat

thats it

nothing else

2nd round will taste like ass because u will be so tired of the fucking soy sauce

Hot pot > posh anyday

lol you troll
yunfak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #15
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i somewhat agree with mugen evolution
it's overrated
that and whenever i go my group gets too greedy and ends up ordering too much meat
as far as i remember, dinner and lunch menu is pretty much 99% the same if not 100%. Its sort of like a hot pot because u have a large bowl, and just throw all the shit in there and cook. Now the first round may taste pretty sweet, when it gets to the 2nd round order its like WAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT. Its like eating rice with soy sauce, how exciting is that. beef/pork, veggies, and tofu. THats it nothing else...i believe lunch is about $10.99? dinner is like $15.xx sth? some of the hot pot all you can eat places ranges from $17.99. - 19.99. So for couple dollars more during dinner time, u get shit load of varieties to choose from instead. Besides, the taste is thatttt much more exciting than just pure soy sauce since you have a lot of sauces to choose from as well as soup base.

Hell you want cheaper lunch? even i find PEARL HOT POT on kinsway and imperial is decent. $12.99 per beef pot, i normally order some side dish along the way so i dont feel empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunfak View Post
lol you troll
thx u make me blush
Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #16
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post

It's not hot pot.

fat lamb is decent, i love their soup base, very unique and good for you body especially in the winter. Makes you feel warm and shit...

try going as a group of 4 + , to keep the bill more evenly spreaded. Otherwise it can get pretty damn pricey, their house special crystal noodle is VERY VERY unique, a must try. as well as their beef pancake is very juicey and tastey.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #17
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post

It's not hot pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
fat lamb is decent, i love their soup base, very unique and good for you body especially in the winter. Makes you feel warm and shit...

try going as a group of 4 + , to keep the bill more evenly spreaded. Otherwise it can get pretty damn pricey, their house special crystal noodle is VERY VERY unique, a must try. as well as their beef pancake is very juicey and tastey.

+1 best hot pot with the special 'medicinal' soup base but yeah it can get pretty damn pricey
moomooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #18
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I've only been to Posh once like many years ago and I'm NEVER going back.
The whole idea is wack ... all you can eat either Sukiyaki beef (the staple stuff at any regular Hot Pot) or Pork only, and the rest of it is cabbage/tofu and other veggies.. Dipped in soy sauce. That's not the worst of it, so back then when I went it was like $12 per person ... THEN they actually CHARGE for condiments like chili and peanut sauce!.. so if you want all the sauces necessary to complete a "Hot Pot experience" you're looking at another $5 anyway. So at $17 you might as well throw in a toonie to go to a REAL hotpot with a delicious soup base + choice of prawns, oysters, mussels, fish balls, etc, the works!

... don't tell me they raised the prices too?!.. lol outrageous!..

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #19
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu5 View Post
if u want good hot pot for a decent price, go to topgun in crystal, it used to be shitty but they changed up the stuff, and its really good now!! dont doubt me until u go urself!, also chubby lamb in richmond on alexandra, but u aint gonna find many hot pot choices during lunch.
Posh sucks ass....2 types of meat, rest veggies....
Went there last month with a bunch of my friends after Playland.
Worst service, ever.
Business Hours stated that they close at midnight, we even called to check first and they confirmed it so that's why all 10 of us decided to drive down there at 9ish to eat! (Otherwise we would have went to Chubby Lamb which closes at 1am (and often even later)
So we got in and started to eat, they were pretty dead in there, like 2 tables and there were like 6 waiters but service was lacking, most of the time they were chatting. So then by 10:30 the last 2 tables left and we were the only one left. At this time they were giving us rude stares hinting that "We're the last table you should LEAVE" ... made the meal very uncomfortable ... and by 10:45 the girl had the nerve to come tell us we're the last table and that they are closing soon!.. we were all like "wtf you said you close at midnight that's the main reason we even came here, there's OVER AN HOUR left!" .. and she's like "well we last call and close up when there's no business" ... like wtf?!?!
Are we not paying customers?!? We were ordering so many beers too it's not like we're cheap. Also the fact that since most of us are in the same food industry, even more pathetic... NEVER GOING BACK!

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718

Last edited by Obsideon; 08-18-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:08 PM   #20
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

k fine maybe the service wasnt great.....but how about the food...admit it.....make ur own sauce, fresh rolled shrimp balls and beef balls, ADMIT IT!
gnu5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #21
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I've only been to Posh once like many years ago and I'm NEVER going back.
The whole idea is wack ... all you can eat either Sukiyaki beef (the staple stuff at any regular Hot Pot) or Pork only, and the rest of it is cabbage/tofu and other veggies.. Dipped in soy sauce. That's not the worst of it, so back then when I went it was like $12 per person ... THEN they actually CHARGE for condiments like chili and peanut sauce!.. so if you want all the sauces necessary to complete a "Hot Pot experience" you're looking at another $5 anyway. So at $17 you might as well throw in a toonie to go to a REAL hotpot with a delicious soup base + choice of prawns, oysters, mussels, fish balls, etc, the works!

... don't tell me they raised the prices too?!.. lol outrageous!..
THats exactly wat the fuck im saying man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Went there last month with a bunch of my friends after Playland.
Worst service, ever.
Business Hours stated that they close at midnight, we even called to check first and they confirmed it so that's why all 10 of us decided to drive down there at 9ish to eat! (Otherwise we would have went to Chubby Lamb which closes at 1am (and often even later)
So we got in and started to eat, they were pretty dead in there, like 2 tables and there were like 6 waiters but service was lacking, most of the time they were chatting. So then by 10:30 the last 2 tables left and we were the only one left. At this time they were giving us rude stares hinting that "We're the last table you should LEAVE" ... made the meal very uncomfortable ... and by 10:45 the girl had the nerve to come tell us we're the last table and that they are closing soon!.. we were all like "wtf you said you close at midnight that's the main reason we even came here, there's OVER AN HOUR left!" .. and she's like "well we last call and close up when there's no business" ... like wtf?!?!
Are we not paying customers?!? We were ordering so many beers too it's not like we're cheap. Also the fact that since most of us are in the same food industry, even more pathetic... NEVER GOING BACK!

thats pretty ridiculous, one hour + before closing time and they are announcing that it was last call? should've made a HUGEEEEEEEE LIST of foods, enough to keep u guys eating for another one hour plus. Continue to hassel them, where my food at bitch
Old 08-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #22
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu5 View Post
k fine maybe the service wasnt great.....but how about the food...admit it.....make ur own sauce, fresh rolled shrimp balls and beef balls, ADMIT IT!
Heh, yeah the food at TopGun was not bad, half of the crew got diarhea but my iron stomache was ok haha BUT then it's quite comparable if not the same as Chubby Lamb & Little Cattle so I wouldn't see why I would go back there to get treated like a bum again

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Old 08-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #23
My homepage has been set to RS

^
Woot chubby lam ftw! , there service is awesome haha.. last time i went there my friend dropped a bowl of soy sauce on the table... by the time i turned around to ask a waiter she was already there with a towel ready to wipe it hahaha.. (that old lady was on the ball)
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #24
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Posh's 'sukiyaki sauce' is an insult to the nation of Japan.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #25
Banned (BBM)

werd

lol treat like a bum