REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
Retired moderator

Anon. Submission: Depressed

Dear REVscene.net

Quote:
Im really down lately, pretty much the worst ive ever felt, I havnt been genuinely happy in quite awhile. Im posting because im concerned about myself, and if im ever going to feel better. I think I should see someone about my problem, but I know I wont. A really close friend of mine confronted me about it tonight, she told me feels like she is the reason that im not happy, and that she doesn't get what I want in her(we're close). I really feel like im letting her down and it hurts, Shes my best friend, I know if I didn't have her id be alot worse off.

Im really not stoked on myself right now, I started smoking last week, drinking alot lately.. but I know none of thats the answer. Knowing that im hurting a good friend with something thats out of my control is the worst part.
Sincerely,

Depressed

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I honestly thought you were talking about Anon the member.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
Retired moderator

^I added the period, just for you =)

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

this is a good read on depression

http://books.google.ca/books?id=5U9d...age&q=&f=false

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
So you think you are depressed but you will not go and seek help from professionals yet you post on RS. Hmmm....

I don't know what to say.

Wait, are you a girl or a dude? can't tell from the original message. Wait, is the poster a girl or a dude. Can't tell either....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #6
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
get some sun. the more the better.

example what reasons are making you depress, confront and come up with a solution to solve it.

get more sun.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

drinking is definitely something that can compound the problem if it gets out of hand. eating and sleeping habits should be paid close attention to as well.

from that link i posted earlier, the biggest point that i took away after reading it is that depression is not something you have, it's something you do.

if the anonymous poster wants to PM me about their situation, i will try and help as best i can. i've tangled with depression a few times in my life and it really can not be fully understood by those that haven't experienced it first hand. i promise that you will remain anonymous.

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
so, what kind of help are we suppose to offer him?

he/she dosn't want to go see a dr. and seems to be a in 'who cares attitude' ...

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #9
RS Veteran

lift weights... it'll make you feel good even if it's not your appearance that is getting you down.
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:23 AM   #10
I don't get it

You should definately get your mind on something else. Find something to do to get your mind off whatever is making you depressed, or find the cause of depression, and get some closure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Bastardo View Post

:fappery:

Fuck yeah! I love westerns. Lets see how Asia does them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice cooker View Post
why are u fapping?
OffSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:35 AM   #11
Retired moderator

Anonymous Response to OP:

Quote:
Lets be realistic about depression. Once you "admit" that you have depression you'll be carrying a stigma around with you. It'll be part of your medical history, your friends will always know that theres something "off" about you, and your family will wonder where "they went wrong"

Going public with this will cause nothing but harm to people around you and will only worsen your "condition".

Your friend and you are already having some pretty serious issues dealing with this and you owe it to your friend to put on a brave face and "just deal with it". Do you think you feel bad about whats happening now? Well, once you "come out" and "seek help" her guilt will multiply and she may even become depressed herself.

Please, don't hurt anyone else. Just try to deal with it on your own, or as quietly as possible.

Please remember that all responses are all purely the opinions of other people. Discretion should be advised.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Old 08-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #12
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Hey there Depressed Person!

The feeling of depression can be split into types - ones that develop automatically by themselves, or ones that begin as a result of a traumatic incident (e.g. death of a husband/wife).

If you haven't had a traumatic experience - and you haven't mentioned one, there are other questions you must now ask yourself - e.g. is there a history of depression in your family?

The other question is the depth of your depression - does it affect you to the point that you don't want to get out of bed? or is it occurring periodically with spurts of normalcy?

The basis of depression hasn't been concluded scientifically, but the accepted cause amongst the current treatment regimen is that your brain lacks certain neurotransmitters - e.g. Serotonin.

It would definitely be in your interests to consult your family physician, who will then either refer you to counseling, or begin you on a short course of anti-depressants to help you cope.

Without further information on such a forum, I can't safely give you any other advice.

Other helpful activities of course, would include exercising, trying to talk with friends more, removing yourself for a certain time from your environment (if its the cause of your depression), and as someone mentioned earlier, being in the sun!

Hope this helps!
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote