REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Batons

Ate telescopic batons legal in British Columbia
Advertisement
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Nope. Consealed weapon.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

can i keep a baton in my trunk in case of any emergency ? (Self-defense if group of drunk people came up to me looking to start fight)
or keep it on myself when i walk around in downtown at night ?
silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silk View Post
can i keep a baton in my trunk in case of any emergency ? (Self-defense if group of drunk people came up to me looking to start fight)

So if a group of drunk people were to come up to your car, rather than driving away, you'd get out, go to your trunk, get your asp, and then try to beat them with it, sorry, I mean, defend yourself with it?
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silk View Post
1 baton vs. a group????.....are you out of your mind?

Are you trained with a baton?...If not, im sure you could be disarmed fairly quick...at that point i really hope you got a really good pair of sneakers.

don't do it, it will only increase your ego....it will get you into shit, if you ever get searched at a roadblock or random search/pullover.

Will get you a charge of conceiled weapon, assault and assault with deadly weapon...This will land you 24hrs, bail restrictions and a court date....plus an additional 2500 starting fee with your most favorite barrista.

Been there done that....not worth it.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #6

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD604 View Post
Nope. Consealed weapon.
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/ShowFul...2//20090817/en (3, 13)

Non-spring loaded telescoping batons are not illegal to carry, provided they are not concealed. Wearing one openly on your belt is acceptable.

That being said, it is not a stretch of the imagination for the Crown to consider an asp style baton a weapon, for the sole purpose of causing harm to another person, particularly if you have used said baton in "self-defense" or whatever, which of course would be illegal.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/ShowFul...6//20090812/en (88, 89)
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Anything that could be remotely considered a weapon if concealed is illegal. Generally thats a given. But if you dont conceal it, from what ive read it is legal, but it cannot be concealed in any way. I had one awhile ago, left it in my trunk and now i have no clue where it wondered to lol.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #8
HELP ME PLS!!!

wear it on your hip. it's for dog defence.
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:30 AM   #9
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thought so... These are being sold at the night market to any one that wants one. I was just told to carry one in it's holster exposed so that it is no longer considered a concealed weapon, just wanted to confirm.
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #10
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb.kidz View Post
Thought so... These are being sold at the night market to any one that wants one. I was just told to carry one in it's holster exposed so that it is no longer considered a concealed weapon, just wanted to confirm.
Keep in mind this is a person who is trying to sell something to you telling you this. It is illegal to carry a weapon for a dangerous purpose. There is ABSOLUTELY no need to carry an extendable baton around town. It will end up getting seized and you will be out what you paid for it.

Plus, it is a terrible weapon anyways. If you pull that out on somebody there is a pretty good chance that it will end up being used on you. I carry a baton for work and have never even thought about using it on anybody. I have smashed through a lot of glass with it, but that's about all it is good for.
Five-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:50 AM   #11
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
what happens if you get pulled over and you have a baseball bat or a golf club in your trunk, can you get in shit for that? or cops will think you were just playing sports?
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:16 AM   #12
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
If I don't see a smelly gym bag full of grass stained clothes and a couple of empty beer cans in the trunk, I KNOW you have not been playing baseball....specially at 1.30 am in a back alley or outside a club. .
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #13
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
If I don't see a smelly gym bag full of grass stained clothes and a couple of empty beer cans in the trunk, I KNOW you have not been playing baseball....specially at 1.30 am in a back alley or outside a club. .
beer cans in the trunk?....and a smelly bag of grass stained clothes??

c'mon man...

lasttime i played golf, i don't think my clothes had grass stains nor did it smell...

thats quite the far stretch, with golf clubs....
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:58 AM   #14
RS Peace Officer

You obviously never saw CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore !!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Oh View Post
I carry a baton for work and have never even thought about using it on anybody. I have smashed through a lot of glass with it, but that's about all it is good for.
Not true! I used it to clear the cobwebs at an abandoned house yesterday so I wouldn't walk through them. Better than using my arms and getting spiders crawling all over me.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:46 PM   #16
RS Peace Officer

" I carry a baton for work and have never even thought about using it on anybody. I have smashed through a lot of glass with it, but that's about all it is good for. "

One day Skywalker, tell you about screw top bottles will I.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #17
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
" I carry a baton for work and have never even thought about using it on anybody. I have smashed through a lot of glass with it, but that's about all it is good for. "

One day Skywalker, tell you about screw top bottles will I.

I have one. Ive never used it aside from one time i was walking in a off leash dog park area/trails, decided to wear it on me just in case my 11 year old german shephard gets mauled by a pitbull. At 11 it cant do much anymore, i figure a baton might be a little more helpful than my fists when beating away a rabid dog lol.