REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 08-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Marlboro Question

Where do you buy your Marlboro Gold smokes? Hopefully locally

And

There was once I asked for Marlboro Gold in Calgary, then this Korean clerk took out a Black and Gold box instead of a white and Gold one.

I think it looks like this:
http://waadduupp.com/store/images/Marlboro_gold.JPG

Does anyone know where to find that?
Advertisement
miky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

There's a store downtown that sells American gold marlboros, its across the street from the cellar.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^ it can't be legal ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
when i did this smoking survey thing.. the people there told me that

1. dumaurier switched their production from canada to mexico thats why it tastes like crap now ( at least to me from when i started smoking then when i was younger)

they also stated that the marlboro here ( the ones that dosent actually say marlboro but with some other logo/name) was actually the same marlboro produced in the states.. something to do with marlboro being in the states first and then when they came here they coulden't use the same name/trademark due to someone else copyrighting that name...

it still tastes different/crap to me
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:40 AM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
you can buy the american marlboro gold or red smokes at a little shop in the building of the main street education centre, you gotta ask the guy and he'll discreetly take it out of his jacket. i think it's illegal though
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Vansterdam: Is it the Canadian Marlboro? The silver case with red maple leaf... yea that one sure taste like crap... ( similar to the new dumaurier i believe... )

JSales: Does he sell anything else in his jacket?
miky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #7
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
i don't know, i've never really asked since it's a bit sketchy. all i know is he sells marlboro golds and reds for sure, maybe even the menthol ones
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:14 AM   #8
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
In Canada the name Marlboro is owned by Imperial Tobacco but the rights to the actual product is owned by Rothmans, Benson & Hedges (RBH) now owned by Phillip Morris.

RBH sells Marlboro cigs under the name Rooftop. They are the exact same as the ones sold in the states (same factory) and have the same packaging but have no Marlboro name on them. They are available in red gold and silver. We sell them in our gas station but they maybe hard to find do to the lack of space for retailers and because they are slow sellers.

Canadian Marlboro has nothing to do with the US Marlboro's it was just Imperial Tobacco using the name to get customers.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:52 AM   #9
Resident Bullshitter

Fresh Mint > All
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 AM   #10
chk
I am Hook'd on RS

theres a bubble tea store at crystal mall that sells marlboros from china or taiwan or smtn. the one right beside the escalator to the foodcourt. really shady haha the dude keeps them either in his pokets or the medicine closet in the toilet
chk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:12 AM   #11
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Its not actually marlboro, its called "roof top" with the similar packaging and somewhat taste as marlboro. They achieved copyrights to the packagin/logo before the marlboro trademark exploded on a global market. They purposely left out the name on the package to gain market shares from individuals who think its marlboro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
when i did this smoking survey thing.. the people there told me that

1. dumaurier switched their production from canada to mexico thats why it tastes like crap now ( at least to me from when i started smoking then when i was younger)

they also stated that the marlboro here ( the ones that dosent actually say marlboro but with some other logo/name) was actually the same marlboro produced in the states.. something to do with marlboro being in the states first and then when they came here they coulden't use the same name/trademark due to someone else copyrighting that name...

it still tastes different/crap to me
Old 02-09-2010, 11:48 PM   #12
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
Its not actually marlboro, its called "roof top" with the similar packaging and somewhat taste as marlboro. They achieved copyrights to the packagin/logo before the marlboro trademark exploded on a global market. They purposely left out the name on the package to gain market shares from individuals who think its marlboro.
Nope they are exactly the same:

The company that makes Rooftop is 40% owned by the company that makes Marlboro.

http://www.cigarettespedia.com/index...rlboro_No-Name

BrandMarlboro Canadian
From Cigarettes Pedia
Jump to: navigation, search
[edit]
Brand Marlboro Canadian

* Marlboro Canadian (Version 1) KS-20-H - Canada
* Marlboro Canadian (Version 2) KS-20-H - Canada

Marlboro cigarettes are the world’s most popular, top-selling brand, but, until recently, they were never marketed or sold in Canada. The Canadian trade marks for Philip Morris’ cigarette brands (including Marlboro) were originally held by the Tuckett Tobacco Company, which was purchased by the Imperial Tobacco Company of Canada in 1930. The trade marks switched hands in 1932, and since then, Imperial has kept the name Marlboro in use in order to prevent Philip Morris from marketing it in Canada. The Imperial version is a Virginia blend, filtered king-size (85mm) brand which has never been promoted or advertised. Many Canadians are very unaware that cigarettes with the Marlboro 'name' are marketed in Canada -- they are carried by a small number of tobacco stores, and are often stored in the bottom shelves.

However, Rothmans, Benson & Hedges, which is 40 per cent. owned by Altria, found a most unique loophole which allowed them to introduce Philip Morris’ Marlboro into the Canadian market in July, 2006. The brand they launched was, for the very first time, a cigarette that looked like, smelled like, and by all accounts, tasted like, the world's largest cigarette brand. The only noticeable difference is that this Marlboro-like brand does not carry the Marlboro 'name', yet the pack has the famous Marlboro roof-top design on its packaging with the Philip Morris logo, along with an old ad slogan at the bottom of the front: ”Come to where the flavor is.” The brand is informally referred to as Rooftop, and, like most American-blend cigarettes in Canada, is sold as a luxury/super-premium brand.

http://tobacco.wikia.com/wiki/Marlboro

Marlboro brand in Canada

As of July 25, 2006, the Rothman, Benson and Hedges company released a similar proprietary brand of cigarettes into the Canada market under the label Rooftop, distinguished by the use of the Rooftop package design found in Canada in the 1950s. The Rooftop design is presently owned by a predecessor company to Philip Morris USA and now owned in Canada by Philip Morris Products SA.

The company is unable to release the product under the Marlboro brand as neither Philip Morris Products, SA, its affiliates or Rothman Benson Hedges has any rights to use the Marlboro brand name in Canada. (There is already a brand in Canada that are colloquially called "Canadian Marlboros", real brand name Marlboro KS, which is owned and manufactured by the Imperial Tobacco Company, a part of British American Tobacco).

The cigarette was available in three varieties: Rooftop Reds (rebadged Marlboro Reds), Rooftop Gold (Marlboro Lights) and Rooftop Silver (Marlboro Ultra Light). All cigarettes were issued in (small) King Size.

The Canadian government passed laws that ban stores from displaying cigarettes publicly. Marlboro suffered profit losses in the last 8 quarters in Canada.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:21 AM   #13
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
he'll discreetly take it out of his jacket. i think it's illegal though
This made me LOL

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #14
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

belmont ftw !
boss604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:52 AM   #15
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
you can buy the american marlboro gold or red smokes at a little shop in the building of the main street education centre, you gotta ask the guy and he'll discreetly take it out of his jacket. i think it's illegal though
Those are fake Marbs.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote