REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:45 AM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
can i get two tickets on the same day for the same thing?

so i'm driving down broadway, don't have a front plate on my car. a cop on a bike is coming in the opposite direction. spots me, thows his lights on, and does an Evel Knievel burn-out uturn in the middle of the busy street. pulls me over and gives me a no fornt plate ticket. so i get on my way, and two blocks later another cop is sitting in the safeway parking lot drinking coffee and enjoying the nice weather. sees me drive by with no front plate, throws his munchies out the window and peels out of the parking lot after me... pulls me over and gives me a no front plate ticket... so i've got two tickets for the same thing in the matter of 10 mintues. can they do that? will it stand up in court?
Advertisement

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Didn't you show the first ticket to the second officer?!?
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Your description of the Cops' driving makes me wonder if it is just dramatic effect...or you drive in such a manner that you attract dramatic Police attention? It would take a lot to make most Police to trash a personally paid for lunch,just for a front plate Regs. ticket. We can only thank providence that you did not drive past Hortons or we would have had reports of a snowstorm of sugar donuts falling on Vancouver streets and causing mass confusion. I'm sure there is more to this story...but...saying that...if a driver produced a VT written 10 minutes earlier I can't see very many Cops giving a second VT for the same MVAR charge.....unless there was a huge attitude problem. I can see a second or 3rd speeding ticket, but not for the Regs. Yes both VTs are valid if you had no front plate. Wonder what really happened???
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #4

well the reason the second cop didnt care about the first ticket was because i was pissed offf from the first one... when he asked what he was pulling me over for, i said because he had nothing else better to do... i didnt even bother trying to argue with him, just told him that i will see him in court if he has the balls to show up. i'm sure the judge will see my side of the story, since it's impossible for me to make the front plate magically appear after receiving the first ticket. and no i dont drive like a retard, but i seem to attract cops attention

Last edited by skidmark; 08-27-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
RS Peace Officer

Now I see why. I hope for the Cop's sake you talk to the JP with the same attitude you are displaying in your post, and you posted here that you did with the Cop. That will be certain to impress him. Just remember, you can never trick a Circle Fly. They always hang out at the rear end of the horse for a reason.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

this doesnt sounds real to me
silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Now I see why. I hope for the Cop's sake you talk to the JP with the same attitude you are displaying in your post, and you posted here that you did with the Cop. That will be certain to impress him. Just remember, you can never trick a Circle Fly. They always hang out at the rear end of the horse for a reason.

hah no i'll be talking to the JP in a professional manner. i respect Judges...

Old 08-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #8
I bringith the lowerballerith

Sorry, which movie are we talking about again?

Your description of events reads as though you were still pissed off at the world when you wrote it. I can't think of a single traffic cop on a bike who would endanger themselves they way you describe, for a simple no front plate ticket. Nor can I think of a single cop, traffic or general duty, who would give up their lunch break for a simple no front plate ticket (Lunch time is precious, because if you give it up "now", you might not get it later). It has also been my experience that even the most angry and fed-up person will wave that previous ticket, and not get another Reg ticket 10 minutes after the first. I'm with Zulu on this one, wondering what really happened.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #9

well the bike cop really did throw his lights on and pulled a u-turn in the middle of broadway just to pull me over for a no front plate. i was not speeding, or doing anything illegal. the second cop really was in the safeway parking lot, i don't know if he was sitting there or was on his way out of there right when i drove by. regardless he saw the front of my car and pulled me over as well. no movie scripts here. just saying what happened.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #10
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

lol @ teenager attitude.

To be respected you must first respect others.
Good luck with future tickets.
Dan_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #11
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Guy View Post
lol @ teenager attitude.

To be respected you must first respect others.
Good luck with future tickets.
apparently this guys born with "respect" LMAO
OP i dare you to say the shit this guy said come your court date

old video but soo damn funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QNIjlSW7g0
Old 08-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #12
Island Mod

Just curious for the officers in here, do you enter a ticket and its information into a database or computer system at your car while giving the defendant his/her ticket and if so would that ticket show up for another officer 10-15mins later on their computer? Or is the ticket thing still somewhat old fashion where it takes a day or 2 before it goes into any database and must be entered manually?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #13
RS Peace Officer

If the vehicle plate and dl are queeried they will show up to the second officer immediately. Some officers may enter data into the system that can be viewed immediately after it is entered.

To answer the post question. There is nothing stopping or prohibiting subsequent officers from issueing you a VT for an infraction that you are committing. This would apply to lots of infractions, like window tint, no "N: sign etc. Just because you have a vt for it does not mean you are allowed to continue commiting the offence.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
starting off "because you had nothing better to do" usually isn't the best way to get a cop to give you a break...

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectcivic View Post
Just curious for the officers in here, do you enter a ticket and its information into a database or computer system at your car while giving the defendant his/her ticket and if so would that ticket show up for another officer 10-15mins later on their computer? Or is the ticket thing still somewhat old fashion where it takes a day or 2 before it goes into any database and must be entered manually?
Well do motorcycle cops have computers to put in the info? I don't see them very often but I've never seen a laptop on the gastank
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
starting off "because you had nothing better to do" usually isn't the best way to get a cop to give you a break...

Well do motorcycle cops have computers to put in the info? I don't see them very often but I've never seen a laptop on the gastank
i wasn't looking for a break, i really didn't care. i'll go to court and if the cop shows up, the judge will make him look like a retard.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:33 AM   #16
RS Peace Officer

None of the Police motorcycles I have ever seen in BC have had the Prime MDTs, even the Tough Book" would not survive the vibration, water, dust and varying electircal systems on a motorcycle.

As far as...." wasn't looking for a break, i really didn't care. i'll go to court and if the cop shows up, the judge will make him look like a retard."....goes.....You were looking for a break, you do care and your bad attitude will come out in court. Trust me on this, JPs can read you as well as we have here on RS.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:55 AM   #17
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
I'm thinking it won't be the officer that the judge makes look like a retard...
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #18

oooO good one

Old 08-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #19
G'd up! w000weee

Back in the day when i was still in highschool, i got 2 no front plate tickets and 2 no N sign tickets in thw same night. In burnaby then richmond. The rcmp said i should have just went home instead of driving from bby to richmond. Learned my lesson after that.
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #20
I bringith the lowerballerith

When you get the court notifier, post up the court date. I'd like to attend and watch the result.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #21
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
well the reason the second cop didnt care about the first ticket was because i was pissed offf from the first one... when he asked what he was pulling me over for, i said because he had nothing else better to do... i didnt even bother trying to argue with him, just told him that i will see him in court if he has the balls to show up.
NEVER dare a cop; they will call your bluff every time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote