REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-01-2009, 01:35 AM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Yet another ICBC thread!

done
Advertisement

Last edited by xpandabl3; 09-03-2009 at 10:38 PM.
xpandabl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:27 AM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

pay deductable of 300, express repair.
kumbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #3
Banned (BBM)

eclipseeeee
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:25 AM   #4
is adopted but doesn't know it. Shh, don't tell him.

Try calling a dent guy to get the popped back up. Looking at the picture, they might be able to pop it out. You are looking at 100-200 for that.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #5
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^looks like some paint came off tho (the two white spots under the left hole....unless its jizz stains?)?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

^^ "assuming" his bumper is not made by metal.
It need fiber glass repair & paint repaint

$200 max if you want spot repair/repaint
Old 09-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
Banned (BBM)

there is a shop tat does spot fibgerglass repair and repaint?

please tell me which
Old 09-01-2009, 10:39 AM   #8

Old 09-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #9
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

you should report it before you get screwed up the ass when the other person claims that you rear ended him.

REPORT it ASAP!!!!!!!
Drift_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

if u were parked. Tell icbc u were parked and the guy reversed into u. Usually park car wins
Old 09-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #11
Banned By Establishment

mine was just scratched up paint and bent plate holder and that was around $600 to fix
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddoe View Post
Try calling a dent guy to get the popped back up. Looking at the picture, they might be able to pop it out. You are looking at 100-200 for that.
The Paintless Dent companies can't 'pop' out a dent on a plastic bumper - the plastic/rubber bumper covers stretch when damaged and require heat to shrink the damaged area.
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #13
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Make sure you have witnesses (that are not in your car).

A lot of the times if someone back into you.. they can turn around and say you rear ended them (which is more common) and ICBC often sides with them.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #14
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,163 Posts

The last time someone backed into me, I got owned by a trailer hitch

It took about 3000 bucks to repair though, well worth it!

Go ICBC or go home!
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #15
Banned (BBM)

so any shop does partial fiberglass repair and paint?
Old 09-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #16
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Do you still park near Blenz regularly? Shitty to hear that man I see it every now and then.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #17

yeah, don't you always park on the street at blenz on Bundell?

I know you probably wanted to avoid door dings due to all those tight parking spaces
Drift_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #18

Old 09-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #19
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpandabl3 View Post
^^wow didn't know you guys see me all the time should wave at me next time or something! anyway I park on blundell because my gf lives there that's why. I do go to that blenz frequently tho but I still drive to their parking lot with my snow plow lip

Update on the ICBC Claim:

So they estimated $731 to fix the bumper and denied my hit-n-run claim at the same time. It's all because of the principal driver name on the insurance is not me and its my dad. Long story short, about 5-6 years ago when I just got my N, I had an accident thus making my insurance skyrocket high if its under my name. But after the case had ended 3-4 years ago we were told it would take another 2-3 years for my insurance to go back to normal or some sort. Pretty much ICBC fuked me over because my insurance rate is 5% more expensive than my dad's roadstar. I mean we changed it right away to my name and all but now I have to pay $500 myself to fix. On the bright side, $500 includes front bumper, the lip and eyelids for fixing crack and repaint. It's better off compare to ICBC's quote for only that dent.
I'm not really a fan of ICBC but seriously take responsibility for your actions. You have been frauding ICBC for years and it bit you in the ass. Learn from it and move on. If I were you I'd be glad you wern't in a serious at fault accident and had your insurance voided because it could have cost your dad tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars if it was a serious one.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #20
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
so ur the one that drives that eclipse around.

next time when ur driving around at night, can u please go lightly on the throttle so ur exhaust doesnt wake people up at like 3am in the morning. especially when ur in areas where houses are built close together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I'm not really a fan of ICBC but seriously take responsibility for your actions. You have been frauding ICBC for years and it bit you in the ass. Learn from it and move on. If I were you I'd be glad you wern't in a serious at fault accident and had your insurance voided because it could have cost your dad tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars if it was a serious one.
I tell you what I take my own responbility and pay for the damage myself. My parents never thought this would be considered a fraud back then because we share cars within the family all the time and we still do. The insurance broker told us all these so that was why we did it. No offense but saying outloud we're frauding ICBC and not taking responbility when you don't even know my family is very rude in my book. When my dad accidentally crushed his rear bumper backing into an edge of the wall, he paid the full $1200 damage himself unlike a friend of mine accidentally smashed his FX45's rear window in the garage then reported it as Hit-n-Run. Seriously am I even complaining anything about ICBC? for fuck sakes. All the point for this thread is to ask for some damage quote and I felt fair just to give an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
so ur the one that drives that eclipse around.

next time when ur driving around at night, can u please go lightly on the throttle so ur exhaust doesnt wake people up at like 3am in the morning. especially when ur in areas where houses are built close together.
So you're going to only tell me to go lightly on the throttle on a street where alot of cars drive by with not so quiet exhaust? Give me a break if you decide to live right by the street where blenz is open 24/7 with cars going by at 3am, don't complain. Besides I barely ever rip my car nor do I ever go to my gfs house at 3am so why don't you post your own thread and complain to everyone? If this makes you feel better, my neighbour right beside my house comes home every morning at 4am with his F430 REVVING into his garage this entire summer. Do you see me making stupid post complaining?
Old 09-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #22
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
So you're going to only tell me to go lightly on the throttle on a street where alot of cars drive by with not so quiet exhaust? Give me a break if you decide to live right by the street where blenz is open 24/7 with cars going by at 3am, don't complain. Besides I barely ever rip my car nor do I ever go to my gfs house at 3am so why don't you post your own thread and complain to everyone? If this makes you feel better, my neighbour right beside my house comes home every morning at 4am with his F430 REVVING into his garage this entire summer. Do you see me making stupid post complaining?
no i do not live right by blenz or close to busy streets. i've seen u atleast 2-3 times where ur dropping someone off, and decides to rip away with ur stero blasting. considering where u were ripping it, anything with an exhaust above idle will echo through out and is loud as hell. ur car's not hard to recognize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #23
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
I tell you what I take my own responbility and pay for the damage myself. My parents never thought this would be considered a fraud back then because we share cars within the family all the time and we still do. The insurance broker told us all these so that was why we did it. No offense but saying outloud we're frauding ICBC and not taking responbility when you don't even know my family is very rude in my book. When my dad accidentally crushed his rear bumper backing into an edge of the wall, he paid the full $1200 damage himself unlike a friend of mine accidentally smashed his FX45's rear window in the garage then reported it as Hit-n-Run. Seriously am I even complaining anything about ICBC? for fuck sakes. All the point for this thread is to ask for some damage quote and I felt fair just to give an update.?
You said and I quote, "Pretty much ICBC fuked me over because my insurance rate is 5% more expensive than my dad's roadstar." You're basically saying because you've been insuring your vehicle in your dads name for years to avoid higher premiums they fucked you. You actually fucked yourself by first getting in an accident that increased your premiums and then by trying to fraud them because lets not sugar coat it thats what you did (knowingly or unknowingly).

Forgive me if I don't golf clap for your dad doing the right thing and not trying to scam the insurance company after backing his truck into a concrete wall. He probably should get a plaque or some sort of trophy but you'll have to contact ICBC and ask them for that.

I'm not even trying to be a dick but I call it like I see it. Like I said before you made a mistake and I think you learned from it although you don't really see anything wrong with what you were doing. I was also pointing out it could have been a hell of a lot worse. Imagine if before this happened you had been in a serious accident and had a friend was with you. The friend ended up a quadriplegic and ICBC voids your insurance. You and your family are now on the hook for all his medical bills and whatever monies he got in a settlement which could easily hit the 7 figure mark.

I'm saying this because it can happen thats why they call them accidents. A few months ago my friends brother ended up breaking his neck the day after his 19th birthday in a rollover and can no longer move anything below his neck. He pisses in a bag, he has a nurse shove her finger up his ass so he can shit and he's going to miss out on pretty much everything for the rest of his life. If you had to pay for all the costs assosicated with this out of pocket your life would be ruined as well. Take it for what it is I know I can be kind of brash sometimes but take it for what it is.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #24

Last edited by xpandabl3; 09-03-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #25

Last edited by xpandabl3; 09-03-2009 at 10:37 PM.