REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Recommend a good place for Oysters.. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/588287-recommend-good-place-oysters.html)

Princess121 09-05-2009 05:28 PM

Recommend a good place for Oysters..

I have to take a couple of friends out for dinner/work/meeting shindig, and we were talking about a good oyster bar, or somewhere that serves really good fresh oysters. Some people mentioned Rodneys, Blue Water Cafe, and Joe Fortes.

Ive read the reviews and all, but what would you recommend?
Why would you pick one over the other?

Thanks

aznrsx1979 09-06-2009 09:31 AM

Each restaurant has a different atmosphere. I've never been to Joe Fortes but with Rodney's, it's more like a bar, have a few drinks, kick back and it can get pretty loud in there. Blue Water Cafe is a quieter restaurant and classier. They both have good oysters in my opinion.

Vansterdam 09-06-2009 11:03 AM

use search, im sure theres already a big thread on this here

racerman88 09-07-2009 08:52 PM

go where they have an oyster bar. I know Joe Fortes has one and there was a place in yaletown with an oyster bar.

ilubebe 09-07-2009 10:30 PM

I ate oyster at the boathouse :]

[jsx] sky 09-08-2009 12:15 PM

yaya's oyster bar in horseshoe bay

Obsideon 09-08-2009 09:07 PM

Ebisu on Robson Japanese Fusion Restaurant ;)
Not an "Oyster Bar" per se but we have extremely fresh oysters due to the high rapid turnover rate. Great value too and hip + contemporary atmosphere! Also got 4 different kind of sauces to try on the oysters!
We literally shuck hundreds of fresh ones every single day so nothing sits around for long! Guaranteed fresh! Full bar + Lounge for drinks to compliment your Oyster fest too!

Ebisu: $14 for a dozen of Royal Miyagi
Joe Fortes is $18 for HALF a dozen; you do the math :wooha:

Princess121 09-08-2009 10:04 PM

well i think we might have to go to ebisu, that works, sushi, oysters, and other goodies, I heard they got good cocktails..right up my alley..

...well just read some reviews on it...Im kinda worried about the service..I hope I dont get a bitchy server...*nervous chuckle..*

Supafly 09-09-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 6583412)
Ebisu on Robson Japanese Fusion Restaurant ;)
Not an "Oyster Bar" per se but we have extremely fresh oysters due to the high rapid turnover rate. Great value too and hip + contemporary atmosphere! Also got 4 different kind of sauces to try on the oysters!
We literally shuck hundreds of fresh ones every single day so nothing sits around for long! Guaranteed fresh! Full bar + Lounge for drinks to compliment your Oyster fest too!

Ebisu: $14 for a dozen of Royal Miyagi
Joe Fortes is $18 for HALF a dozen; you do the math :wooha:

+1....been there too many times.:)..wheres my hookup?...lol

ra1nn 09-14-2009 10:07 AM

There is a sushi place on alexandra road (richmond) call seto i think (located beside cattle
cafe) and their oysters are pretty fresh. They even have a special on monday i think... and the oysters are like only a couple bucks :)

ra1nn 09-18-2009 12:34 PM

*its call soul

ilvtofu 09-18-2009 05:08 PM

Anyone tried Coast? They texted me the other day for the buck a shuck oysters :)

danlee78 09-19-2009 05:00 AM

RODNEY'S, nice atmosphere different kinds of oysters...