REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   So my friend goes on a date and makes a "racist" to his date.... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/588402-so-my-friend-goes-date-makes-racist-his-date.html)

Harvey Specter 09-07-2009 12:37 AM

So my friend goes on a date and makes a "racist" to his date....

Ok so my friend, who's white, went out a blind date last night that his friend hooked up. The chick he went out with was mixed, Irish/black, but he didn't know because his friend never told him plus she looked white in her pictures when he added her on facebook. Anyways, during dinner the chick goes "I’m bi-racial, guess what my mix is because no one can ever guess". First of all my friend had no clue she was mixed because this chick looks white so he was kind of shocked and goes "I didn't even know you were mixed". She laughs and goes "I’m half Irish and half black, everyone is surprised when I tell them", my friend responds "oh wow, you don't look mixed but I guess the only black feature you have is your lips". His date goes quiet and goes "what", he goes "well you have big lips and you know black people have big lips".

Well after this comment his date got choked and asked him to get the bill, he was stunned and had no clue why she got mad. He asked her and she wouldn't speak to him and left the resturant and told him to drop her off. The entire ride home she didn't talk to him so today he gets a call from his buddy and she basically told him his friend that my friend was a racist clown and proceeds to leave a comment on his facebook page which his co-workers, family and friends read before he deleted.

So now he's all upset and pissed and is going around asking all his "non-white" friends if he really is a racist. I told him to chill but what do you guys think? The chick has a valid reason to be pissed? Was it a racist comment or has our PC society gone too far?

AsBannedAsItGets 09-07-2009 12:39 AM

wrong forum. might wanna try the relationship forum.

Qmx323 09-07-2009 12:40 AM

Shes being over-sensitive. Maybe I should go yell at white people that have small Asian looking eyes, and go "HEY FUK U SMALL EYES ONLY FOR ASIAN, U OPEN UR EYES NOW".

liu13 09-07-2009 12:40 AM

i dont consider that racist

whenever i see a white guy with dark thin eyes and hair, i know he's part asian, is that racist?

Fafine 09-07-2009 12:42 AM

different race have different features i dont think saying her distinctive big lips is racist... hes just calling it as he sees it

SuperSlowSS 09-07-2009 12:44 AM

your friend not racist. He just pointing out a common feature found on black people. It is like saying..oh black people have dark skins. That chick retarded.

skyxx 09-07-2009 12:53 AM

I think it's both side's fault. First the girl overreacted and second your buddy shouldn't have said that in the first place. Oh and I don't believe it's racist. That girl is over sensitive.

Harvey Specter 09-07-2009 12:55 AM

Just shows how sensitive some people are when it comes to race and yah, I've known this guy for 10+ years and he's not racist but I just found it so weird and stupid that this chick made such a big deal. And why would you post it on facebook? Social networking is really becoming a pain.

nabs 09-07-2009 12:59 AM

she was asking him to classify her, obviously he's gonna pick up on certain physical attributes to make his guess. Its her fault for bringing it up and then not wanting to discuss it after. your friend is not a racist, i would have done the same if in the same situation.

maxx 09-07-2009 01:01 AM

he could have said it nicer, but he didnt so that makes him a moron

bcrdukes 09-07-2009 01:03 AM

Wow I read this and I LOL'd!

But yeah:

1. Nay the guy for being ignorant
2. Nay to the girl for over-reacting

cobra_commander 09-07-2009 01:07 AM

everyone is guilty everyone is racist!

metal 09-07-2009 01:07 AM

Girl sounds like a nutter, but of course, we do need pics ;)

AutozamAZ-3 09-07-2009 01:18 AM

your friend's date is playing the "black card". why is the subject of any african related so sensitive even in this day and age?

it's ok for a black person to make white jokes but not for white person to make black jokes

Drift_Monkey 09-07-2009 01:19 AM

not racist... can be a stereotype... but what he said about the lips are kinda true.

She's just over sensitive when he said the only thing that makes her resemble a black is her lips. She probably took it as an insult more than just a comment.

some people say asians has small eyes, it is some what true , but not all.

If my date said I have small eyes like most asians, I wouldn't get mad cuz i do admit it.

I 'd probbably get mad if she disses me on a date.

WakeMeUp 09-07-2009 01:29 AM

the bitch is crazy..

Alphamale 09-07-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift_Monkey (Post 6580884)

If my date said I have small eyes like most asians, I wouldn't get mad cuz i do admit it.

I 'd probbably get mad if she disses me on a date.

huh?

fliptuner 09-07-2009 01:42 AM

Tell your friend he should thank her for not wasting more of his time. She's waaaay too fucking sensitive. She mentioned her race, he made an honest observation and she got all huffy about it.

Imagine what she acts like when she disagrees with someone's honest opinion. If she has big-ass lip, she has big-ass lips - so what? The truth hurts, suck it up princess. Fuck her.....waste of time. He should kick his friend's ass for trying to set him up with a fuckin' cunt.

SpuGen 09-07-2009 02:22 AM

I know a girl whos Scottish/Black.
Shes got an ass.

PiuYi 09-07-2009 02:23 AM

i thought big lips is compliment for a girl

m4k4v4li 09-07-2009 02:36 AM

nigger lips
DSL

The7even 09-07-2009 02:39 AM

he should have stuffed her with some fucking dick. stupid bitch is stupid.

MWR34 09-07-2009 02:42 AM

Race card ftl.

RenoMan 09-07-2009 02:47 AM

curious..
was she hot?

SkinnyPupp 09-07-2009 02:49 AM

Your friend obviously doesn't date women much (or else why would his friends be hooking him up on blind dates? ;)), or he would have put it in a complimentary way. Tell her he thinks her lips are beautiful, and that must be a feature she got from being mixed, or something like that. Instead he just says she has big lips? What a moron :lol