REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Nobu - Las Vegas (https://www.revscene.net/forums/588408-nobu-las-vegas.html)

fliptuner 09-07-2009 02:03 AM

Nobu - Las Vegas

I'll be in Vegas on my GF's Bday and would like to know who's been and what they're opinions are.

I have no problem with the price but DO have expectaions - you know like good service and excellent quality food. I think a $400 meal warrants it.

I've been reading a lot of reviews online and thet're pretty much 50/50. Great food/great service or could've got a better meal elsewhere, mediocre food, decent service/not worth the money (you're paying for the name).

I wonder if it depends on what day you go (ie. weeknight = better service, quieter) or if it's even worth it at all.

ddr 09-10-2009 06:24 PM

the food in vegas isn't that amazing

I've had 2x thousand+ dollar meals between 2 and 3 ppl (comped of course lol) at the japanese restaurant in MGM and chinese restaurant in bellagio and i gotta say there's much better quality food in Vancouver.

One particular dish was kobe beef tataki. it tasted like regular beef tataki. and the ou toro that was $40US/piece. i've definitely had better here for way cheaper.

The chinese restaurant at Bellagio had a very nice view tho, we were sitting right beside the waterfall show thing

fliptuner 09-10-2009 06:29 PM

Thanks.

I heard the Nobu in NY and London are waaay better than LV.

What was the name of the place in Bellagio and how did you like it?

ddr 09-13-2009 05:24 AM

http://www.bellagio.com/restaurants/jasmine.aspx

nothing spectacular, definitely not worth it for that price.
i had australian lobster, 'crystal' crab, abalone. i purposely ordered sweet and sour pork haha, at least they got that right, i'm pretty picky about that dish. thing is, the meal was cooked for my friend who's VIP and she 'knows' the ppl working there. so apparently i tasted the food there when the chefs were extra careful and it still wasn't spectacular.

just don't go ordering some bizarre exotic dish that you don't think u can have here. $300US crab is seriously overrated lol.

on the other hand, i tried the diner/cafe place in MGM and it was food i couldn't put in my mouth! i ordered a $9 bowl of chicken noodle soup. it was lukewarm, bland, and the vege's in it were HARD. the proper price/quality ratio would have to be in the food court haha.

this is just my 2 particular experiences and coming from vancouver we have a lot to compare with

Ch28 09-14-2009 12:16 AM

Just throwing a suggestion out there but there's also Joel Robuchon (French) @ MGM

http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/...rant-menu.aspx

You mentioned $400 meal so I'm guessing your budget is around there. They have a 6 course menu @ $195/person.

Going from Japanese to French is a big difference but this place is rated at 3 Michelin stars and one of the best restaurants in the world. Joel Robuchon is quite possibly the best French chef in the world.

Friend took his fiance there for dinner the night he proposed to her and said the food, service + staff were top notch and worth the price. If you're looking for an awesome dining experience in suit/tie then this is a place worth considering.

fliptuner 09-14-2009 12:50 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. That menu looks awesome!!!

I'm going for great food, great service, good atmosphere and a memorable experience over price.

Bender Unit 09-14-2009 08:41 AM

take a look at Eiffel Tower Restaurant (French)
went there for gf birthday as well couple years ago.
Great atmosphere, Great service, Good Food.
request for window side sitting when making reservation
$300US for us (4 courses meal)

Gt-R R34 09-14-2009 10:20 AM

If you're looking for a romantic resturant - fine dining

Alex @ Wynn, same style as Joel Robuchon (French food)

2 Michelin stars the setting is spectular. Romantic and service is great.

325 for 6 course plus wine. 195 i believe for 6.

ddr 09-14-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender Unit (Post 6591650)
take a look at Eiffel Tower Restaurant (French)
went there for gf birthday as well couple years ago.
Great atmosphere, Great service, Good Food.
request for window side sitting when making reservation
$300US for us (4 courses meal)

my godsister went to this restaurant as well and was happy about it

Chairman Kaga 09-18-2009 05:17 PM

Make sure you post a review of whichever restaurant you go to because they all sound great!

hal0g0dv2 09-19-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chairman Kaga (Post 6599727)
Make sure you post a review of whichever restaurant you go to because they all sound great!

yeah
prices are nutty also