REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Who Knows Knees?

For the last month or so I have been waking up with an extremely sore knee. Also when I do certain movements it seems to aggrivate the soreness. If I sit for awhile when I get up I have a pretty bad limp due to the pain. The pain is located...hmm how do I describe it.... on my right knee, on the inside, down where the bend is. More descriptively if there was a clock around your leg/knee it would be at 7 o'clock. It is tender to the touch and has not been getting any better over time. Could I have torn something or any other ideas?

Berz out.
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Could be your MCL?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medial_collateral_ligament

Do you do a lot of squats?
bossxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Ah yea that seems like the likely ligament there. Fuck. Yea I have been doing a lot squats lately not to much weight though (just 60lb dumbells). Might have to go see a doc and see what he says. Fuck.

Berz out.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

rest for a while then see if it bothers you again next time. Try squats with the bar in a cage and make sure you use proper form
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

ice that knee down.
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Look at the soles of your shoes.

The reason I say that is due to the pressure you place when you walk or run.

If the arches of your feet have collapsed, then you will stretch out the inner tendons on your knees, either the MCL, or it could be your menisci of the knee joint.

A proper displaced sole of your foot will help reduce all pain on your knees, and then actually help to produce proper posture. Thus using more of the useful muscles in your body. All in all it will help you to become more healthy.

I don't know if this helps you in your immediate pain, but it might help you in the long run.

Van.

Vangruver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #7
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Do you remember the exact onset of pain? Anything that you can think of (i.e. during a leg exercise, or cutting during sports) that initiated it?

What you can do:

1. Get it diagnosed. It has been a month of pain, that is long enough. Visit your doc (and be happy that the visit is 'Free'!). There are many specific tests that the doc can do to isolate the cause - what they will do is have you lie on the table, and they will apply hand-forces to your joint, and check your range of motion to determine if it is ligamentous, cartilaginous, or even muscle-tendon related. If its a torn ligament (MCL, LCL, ACL, PCL), then you may notice some laxity.

2. RICE it up - rest, ice, compression, elevation. Although, this usually applies to short-term first aid, but it may help with pain and swelling - specifically ice and elevation. Also, check your aggravating factors. Is it getting worse over time? What are you doing that aggravates it? When it hurts more, what activities are you doing or did you do a few hours before? Keep off the knee, and train other muscles around it to help support it.

3. If it's a really long term thing, your doctor may suggest an MRI. Ligament injury will probably heal if it is not torn through, although meniscus injury may require repair (or removal) if the tear is located deep within the knee where blood and nutrients do not penetrate.
langdon_olger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

reviving this old thread ....
anyone know some good knee workouts?
i am trying to get my knee back into shape for snowboarding (I strained/ pulled my ligament pretty bad while playing basketball)

any advice appreciated!!
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝
http://www.revscene.net/forums/jacki...0-t593820.html
jackiebond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #9
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I recently tore my knee up good too.
Beginning of November, and it's still not good to go.
The only thing I can recommend is Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.
And taking glucosamine pills for ligament regrowth. I am too waiting to snowboard again. Good luck healng up.
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote