REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Showering too much??? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/588634-showering-too-much.html)

Alpine50 09-08-2009 09:53 PM

Showering too much???

i really didn't even thing this was an issue but apparently i shower too much.
i usually shower in the morning because it helps me feel better in the morning along with waking me up, but then i also shower when i get home or before i go to bed because i feel sweaty and dirty after work and being on the bus.
I've even sometimes showered 3 times during the when i told someone at work about this they told me im damaging skin oils or something i thought it was bs but then my dad told me and i saw it on the internet:eek::eek:
so now im kind of nervous if this could lead to problems in the future???

im even sometime as bad as i wont go on my lap top or play my 360 bc i havent shower and i feel as im dirty :confused: when in the back of my mind i know that washing my hands is just as fine and showering except im not washing my whole body.

SkinnyPupp 09-08-2009 09:59 PM

I don't think it's bad for you, just a waste of time. You must have OCD or something, if you think you need to shower that much.

Alpine50 09-08-2009 10:10 PM

i only shower 3 times if i had work, so then i shower before and after but then i hit the gym im not going to go to bed all sweaty lol

Fobman 09-08-2009 10:12 PM

showering 2 times a day is normal

Girl 09-09-2009 12:10 AM

It's not bad, but I think you could be drying out your skin. You're losing a lot of water when you shower, especially when it's a hot shower.

sonick 09-09-2009 08:18 AM

I shower twice a day regularly. 3 times if I go to the gym/work on the car in the afternoon, or before going partying or something.

Harvey Specter 09-09-2009 03:16 PM

I shower 3 times a day, morning, after I workout and before I go to bed. And Girl is right, if you shower too much and use too much soap it will dry out your skin. I had this issue a couple years ago and my doctor told me to start using unscented and very mild soap which has worked out great.

carisear 09-09-2009 04:55 PM

wow no wonder vancouver has a water shortage. all you guys shower waaay too much. 3x every day? massive waste of water.

Alphamale 09-09-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carisear (Post 6584742)
wow no wonder vancouver has a water shortage. all you guys shower waaay too much. 3x every day? massive waste of water.

In actuality, because of the abundance of water in the lower mainland (possibly B.C.?) water leaks from underground carrying tubes is the #1 water "loss".

SkinnyPupp 09-09-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

vancouver has a water shortage.

WAT?

MelonBoy 09-10-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

=/ i doubt Canada or any none 3rd world country will ever be short on water... its not hard to get it .. i mean most of plant is water lol.. and im pretty sure if we need to build/purchase machines/plants to clean our water .. lol anyways i HIGHLY doubt vancouver has a water shortage lol..

silk 09-10-2009 09:53 AM

off topic, when you guys showering 3 times a day..do you wash your hairs 3 times as well ? because i do... and i think im losing hairs because of that

bossxx 09-10-2009 11:36 AM

my exgf told me its bad to shampoo your hair more than once a day. i dunno. lol

ur-lil-sw33tie 09-10-2009 12:22 PM

showering twice a day isn't bad for u! i do that myself!

it sounds like ur leaning a bit towards being germaphobic or whatnot by the sounds of u saying u want to shower before playing ur 360?

MelonBoy 09-10-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silk (Post 6585885)
off topic, when you guys showering 3 times a day..do you wash your hairs 3 times as well ? because i do... and i think im losing hairs because of that

I shower twice a day but i only wash my hair with shampoo at night time (get out all the wax and siht) and in the morning i just soak it ..

And

Yes, apparently washing your hair to much dmg's it same as wearing a hats to much and geling/waxing ur hair... (heard this from a friend who is a hair stylist)
Your really only suppose to wash your hair every few days.. (if u look at girls, u can tell sometimes they dont wash there hair everyday .. duno if there lazy or because it dmgs it lol )

silk 09-11-2009 02:57 AM

^ ya man...thats exactly what i heard.. but most of the days i go out with waxing my hair..and i needed to shampoo it

Ulic Qel-Droma 09-11-2009 09:06 AM

just once. when i wake up.

i only shower before bed if i was sweaty, ie. gym.

i shower three times if i hit the gym in the middle of the day and then say i go out and go party all night. lol even then i might not shower when i get home.

hotong 09-13-2009 11:17 AM

It depends on what you mean by too much. Showering with the scrubbing and hot chlorinated water damages your skin so more showering is worse, but too little showering is unsanitary.

If you sweat a lot I would say it is justified. Sweating being one the body's methods of getting rid of waste. More of a side effect then its primary function. You could still get by without it, but I am sure if your are feeling dirty on a normal day that this might be too much. That is why it is ok during summer. On cool days when you are inactive you could probably skip a day. You could probably go more, but your social life might be hindered