REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Putting up with crap (https://www.revscene.net/forums/588714-putting-up-crap.html)

Gt-R R34 09-09-2009 04:02 PM

Putting up with crap

I know most of you all preach don't put up with bullshit, that isn't deserved of the women/guy is crap. Chuck him away, throw her out.

Sometimes it's harder said then done? Anyone had had bf/gf that turned out OKAY? After the bullshit drama section? (more then 1 time.)

ScizzMoney 09-09-2009 07:30 PM

Maybe I'm just a little tipsy but I'm confused after reading that.

impactX 09-09-2009 07:36 PM

Depends on what type of drama, how often it occurs and whether it's the same drama everytime.

jtanner_ 09-09-2009 09:49 PM

I've been on the receiving end of the drama department for the majority of my relationship... always getting hit with arguments for doing the same things the gf can get away with... and after 1 year and 9 months I think i'm starting to realize how much I don't deserve this..

but +1 to impact haha

El Bastardo 09-09-2009 09:54 PM

The following is a reply from an Anonymous Revscene member who is not the original poster... obviously

good friend of mine had a real drama queen 2 years ago, he finally had enough, set some ground rules and told her if she didnt get her head strait he would fuck off and never look back

she was better for like 2 months

hes still with her and shes crazier than ever, its just now he doesnt realize how looney she is and shes dragging him down because of it, problem is, none of us know how to break it to him

Grandmaster TSE 09-09-2009 09:57 PM

last gf was big time drama, couldn't take it anymore and broke it off

jtanner_ 09-09-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 6585290)
The following is a reply from an Anonymous Revscene member who is not the original poster... obviously

good friend of mine had a real drama queen 2 years ago, he finally had enough, set some ground rules and told her if she didnt get her head strait he would fuck off and never look back

she was better for like 2 months

hes still with her and shes crazier than ever, its just now he doesnt realize how looney she is and shes dragging him down because of it, problem is, none of us know how to break it to him

Worst thing is after being together for so long, it's hard to say how he'd react and take it as opposed to how you're going to break it to him... if he'd put up with that much over such a long span of time it's doubtful he would just break it off if a few buddies are trying to persuade him so... People are often so blinded in relationships... myself probably being one of them at this point aha.

BallPeenHammer 09-09-2009 10:07 PM

i was with a girl who was at one point just picking fights for the hell of it.

A lot of it got pretty bad, to the point where some things were said and done that was simply unforgiveable.

I was pretty blind at the time but seriously, when a line is drawn, then crossed, then cut the girl loose. Too many of my friends just keep extending that line

It's the worst thing to do.

Graeme S 09-09-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer (Post 6585314)
i was with a girl who was at one point just picking fights for the hell of it.

Been there, done that.

Had an ex who fought with me for 10 months after a tarot reading (no shit, seriously) that said there was another important woman in my life--to her,t hat meant I was cheating.

A couple weeks before I told her to fuck off, we had just finished a mid-length 4-5 hour fight, and she was falling asleep (having said her piece; me of course still awake) and said

"You know, after we have a fight, I feel so much better. I don't have to worry about it anymore. I can just relax and enjoy the time with you. But before the fight, I always worry and think 'what will it be about? when is it gonna happen?'"

I was like WTF, got some space, kicked her to the curb and moved on with my life.

So no, I never had a chick who got better after the drama.

Noir 09-09-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 (Post 6584655)
I know most of you all preach don't put up with bullshit, that isn't deserved of the women/guy is crap. Chuck him away, throw her out.

Sometimes it's harder said then done? Anyone had had bf/gf that turned out OKAY? After the bullshit drama section? (more then 1 time.)

Don't know about drama, but with regards to bullshit, it really depends on the woman.

I have a pretty high opinion of my self-worth and can be pretty condescending to females a lot of the times, but there are women out there who out-worth me: Women who are smarter, have more potential, and have achieved more than I have.

Those kind of women, I can accept giving me shit.

freakshow 09-10-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 6585290)
The following is a reply from an Anonymous Revscene member who is not the original poster... obviouslynone of us know how to break it to him

Just man up and tell him what's really going on. You wouldn't want your friend to hold out on you if you were in that position.

Gt-R R34 09-10-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6585449)
Don't know about drama, but with regards to bullshit, it really depends on the woman.

I have a pretty high opinion of my self-worth and can be pretty condescending to females a lot of the times, but there are women out there who out-worth me: Women who are smarter, have more potential, and have achieved more than I have.

Those kind of women, I can accept giving me shit.

well usually those that give bullshit even with their potential, doesn't that come with drama?

Got an example?

Noir 09-10-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 (Post 6585765)
well usually those that give bullshit even with their potential, doesn't that come with drama?

Got an example?

Generally airheads and broads benefit off of me intellectually, socially and financially.

The difference with the opposite is that I benefit off them intellectually, socially or financially. With that I can put up with some bullshit.

And getting drama is different than getting crap. The difference is between dating "girls" and dating "women".

Sodium 09-10-2009 03:57 PM

Drama usually keeps occuring when both sides are stubbon, refuse to change or make any scarfice. Unless one side is willing to take all the bull crap and say sorry every single time even though it's completely unreasonable....both party is just going to be mirserable trying to pretend the relationship is working.

Kamui712 09-11-2009 09:59 AM

it all depends on you, i don't think it's a question of "setting the line" for her. in your case, it sounds more like you need to decide if putting up w/her crap is better/worse than being single.

as you can see a lot of ppl would rather be miserable than single.

Noir 09-11-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamui712 (Post 6587713)
as you can see a lot of ppl would rather be miserable than single.

Not necessarily. It's more like: The crap you can put up with is relative to the benefits you receive.

Kamui712 09-11-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6587741)
Not necessarily. It's more like: The crap you can put up with is relative to the benefits you receive.

benefits that you wouldn't necessarily receive when you are single

CanadaGoose 09-11-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6587741)

+1... I would've worded it differently but it's the same idea

To the OP, yeah, I have. Usually at the beginning of relationships, especially if you're both strong headed and always want your own way, it can be a bit of a battle (aka. dishing out crap, taking crap, etc.) till you both find a compromise, and know where you stand with one another...especially since most females tend to want to know exactly how much they can get away with at a very early stage... even when they consciously know they are being totally unreasonable, they still want to see if you will put up with it anyways

Gt-R R34 09-11-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E N D L E S S (Post 6587916)
+1... I would've worded it differently but it's the same idea

To the OP, yeah, I have. Usually at the beginning of relationships, especially if you're both strong headed and always want your own way, it can be a bit of a battle (aka. dishing out crap, taking crap, etc.) till you both find a compromise, and know where you stand with one another...especially since most females tend to want to know exactly how much they can get away with at a very early stage... even when they consciously know they are being totally unreasonable, they still want to see if you will put up with it anyways

don't you think though, you never want to put up with this crap, so forget about it.

The crap gets pretty bad, and especially one sided.

underscore 09-12-2009 12:27 AM

had it happen with several girls, never recovered. Now I'm bitter and don't hold much respect for women.

jeffh 09-12-2009 09:58 AM

just casue you dont respect em, doesnt mean you cant bang em

if i ever meet a woman i do respect again, ill marry her haha

ra1nn 09-14-2009 10:30 AM

My boyfriend and I use to fight all the time.. We love each other a lot but there are a lot of things we don't agree upon. But after a couple times where we fought pretty bad.. we realize we don't want this for our relationship so we just decided to work things out. the fact that we admit that both of us have problems and knowing it, really helped. If people don't change and continue fighting in the relationship, then there is no reason to stay together because you're suppose to love each other :)
but it's hard.. because people are always asking for more than they already have~

AppleSugary 10-08-2009 12:00 AM

One of my golden rules in life:

Forgive once
Forget twice
Fall-out thrice

Letting go of the situation does not mean quitting. It just means that you have enough of the drama and ready to start a fresh phase of life. :-p

Noir 10-08-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleSugary (Post 6626295)
One of my golden rules in life:

Forgive once
Forget twice
Fall-out thrice

Letting go of the situation does not mean quitting. It just means that you have enough of the drama and ready to start a fresh phase of life. :-p

3 Strike rule? Putting up with crap is a general term. Do you mean that you only afford a guy 2 times to anger you and he's out?

What else other golden rules you have?

!Yaminashi 10-08-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6626602)
3 Strike rule? Putting up with crap is a general term. Do you mean that you only afford a guy 2 times to anger you and he's out?

If thats the case enjoy life alone