REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 09-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Disneyland Questions???

So I'm talking to the G/F about going to Disneyland for the first time thinking Nov since we heard thats one of the less busy time of year to go. We actually havn't even been to Cali before

Now I was wondering when you guys recommond? if theres more of a adult hotel to stay at and other then Disneyland (how long would be a good time to be able to check everything out?) of course Universal studios and what else would be good to check out?

Hmmm maybe a Ducks game. Anyways I'm sure a bunch of you guys have been tons and was wondering what would be best?

For night life were not into going clubbing but sitting around drinking would be money
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

1 day at disneyland should be enough to enjoy everything, the place isnt that big. Universal is a must though if u love the rides and stuff. It's alot more of a theme park whereas disney is something for the family/kids. If you have a rental car, stay somewhere a bit off the immediate area around disney would probably cut you a few bux cheaper, but not by much. Depending how much u care about ur hotel room, I recommend a Ramada. They're pretty consistent in terms of quality and cleanliness, otherwise you can drop down to a super8 or days inn. If your looking to save bux, go stay at a Red Roof Inn. RR doesnt have free net though.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
were not planning on renting a car at all. We would like to go to the zoo or aquarium but I heard thats way to far away.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #4

havent been to the LA zoo, it might be worthwhile to rent a car and drive down to san diego for Seaworld though. Since u said uve never been to cali, it's definately worth the extra day + $100 for a car rental to go down there.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I'd suggest flying into San Diego renting a car and spending a few days there. Check out the zoo and seaworld if you want. Then drive to Anahiem and hit up Disneyland, fly back out of LA.

I just did that trip with my wife and kid at Christmas time. Having a vehicle was very helpful when there if you do get one just make sure you either take a GPS with you or rent one when there.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Peanut Butter Jelly with a Baseball Bat!

There are day tours that you can sign up for as well. I stayed a 10min walk away from disneyland and there were day tours that picked us up 5 min walk away from our hotel to go do the san diego zoo, sea world, lego land etc daily.

I went with a friend and the two of us bought a 3 day pass and stayed for 6 days there. We found the 3 day pass to be a good deal for us cause we'd go to the far away places (like universal studios) during the day, come back at around 5-6pm chow down and then go on the rides at night.

down side about going with a group on tour though is that there is no control over how much time you spend and where you spend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
this aint mcdonalds, smiles aren't free.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I went to Disneyland and Universal Studios for a week in April 2008 with my boyfriend and another couple. It was an awesome trip.

I actually think it takes more than 1 day to truly enjoy and appreciate Disneyland. Our package included a 5 day hopper pass at Disneyland and a 1 day pass for Universal Studios. We went to Disneyland for the 5 days (we still did other things for other parts of the day) but we always wanted to come back for more. You don't have to be a kid to love the place. Make use of the FastPass tickets they distribute for the popular rides. They allow you to come back at a later time so that you can enjoy other rides and when you come back there's a separate, shorter lineup.

The California Adventure park (on the other side of DL) has more adult oriented rides.. My favorites were the Tower of Terror and California Screaming. The Grizzly rapid ride is decent too.. we lined up for over an hour in no shade, 30 degree weather and it felt so good to get soaked.

Universal Studios could be done in 1 day, even less. It's okay. They have the Simpsons Ride (was still in construction when we went), Jurassic Park Ride, the Mummy ride and the Studio tour on the tram... there's a big Haunted Mansion you can walk through.. basically a bigger version of the PNE's Haunted House. And don't forget the special effects shows. Universal CityWalk is also neat to check out some places to eat and do a little shopping. I was surprised how it didn't take long for us to feel finished with the park. I preferred Disneyland overall.
Delish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:50 AM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I've stayed at the Hilton right beside the Convention center and I recommend that. It's a nice place with a nice pool to relax after Disney... You can also request a room that faces disneyland as well. *I paid 79* a night back in May*

I personally suggest 2 days Disney and 1 day at the Adventure park across from it.. If you do go to the Adventure park, as previously mentioned, don't forget the Fastpass!

Enjoy!! and screw the ducks game!! go to a Lakers game!!!!! went to the playoffs against the rockets and it was WORTH it!! Trust me, the atmosphere and experience is worth the $$. Plus your GF would probably enjoy seeing my man Kobe in person better unless she's a die hard hockey gal
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 AM   #9
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

I'd highly recommend the Warner Bros studio tour. It's kinda pricey (I think it was $45 when I went back in December) but it's a working studio tour (unlike Universal Studios which is more of a theme park) so you can actually see the live sets of current TV shows. (and older TV shows)

When I went there, they were driving the Batmobile around (from the most recent Batman movei) and we got to go on the set of The Mentalist and Big Bang Theory. Occasionaly they'll have actors roaming around there as well. If you're a big Harry Potter fan, they have a "museum" just strictly of stuff from the Harry Potter movies. They also had the set of Friends set up in a room where you could go sit on the couch of the Central Perk or pose behind the bar.

Might be hard to get to without a car though.

Also, the Sony Pictures studio is around the same area too if you want to check out another studio tour at the same time.

Oh, as for hotels, I stayed at the Westin Bonaventure. Probably not my favourite hotel (it wasn't really near anything that was open at night and parking was pretty pricey too)
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:51 AM   #10
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,761 Times in 903 Posts
I went 2 summers ago with my gf for 4 days 3 nights. Stayed at Best Western just across the street from Disney Land. When we were pulling up my gf was pretty pissed staying in this typcal ghetto US 2 level INN crap but when we got into our room she was pleasently surprised at how clean and decent looking it was considering it was an INN. They had shuttle service to and from Disney Land. Trust me even thoguh we were across the street to actually walk to the entrance of the parkade then through to the gate was a 20 minute hike.

We also went to Universal of course. Booked a bus shuttle through some website I forgot, I think it was through Universal or some shiet.

Around that area of Anaheim there really isn't shiet all lol. If you don't plan on renting a car then you pretty much have shit all to do. Also taking taxi's down there aren't like lets say NEw York where they are everywhere and you can wave one down. It's Vancouver style where you gotta call one to your location. Although in the parkade of Disney Land where all the shuttles go there is a taxi zone there.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

Remember to get a fastpass if its busy!
http://gocalifornia.about.com/od/cad...s/fastpass.htm
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:20 AM   #12
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,761 Times in 903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
Remember to get a fastpass if its busy!
http://gocalifornia.about.com/od/cad...s/fastpass.htm
One thing I don't believe the link mentioned and is probably the most important thing to remember is there's a limit to how many fast passes you can have at once. Meaning don't expect to go in the park, walk up to every popular ride and grab fast passes for everything. If that was the case the fast pass would be almost pointless.

"There's a limit to the number of FASTPASS tickets you may have at one time. On your ticket will be printed the time at which you can get your next one. Disney's FASTPASS Service machines won't issue another ticket until the time stated on your current one"

Source - http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/gue...ces/fast-pass/

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS

What I did was:
1)Get the fastpass
2)Go on other rides that dont have fastpass
3)Get a fastpass for a different ride then the one you have for
4)Go on original fastpass ride
5)Repeat
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #14
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I'd suggest flying into San Diego renting a car and spending a few days there. Check out the zoo and seaworld if you want. Then drive to Anahiem and hit up Disneyland, fly back out of LA.

I just did that trip with my wife and kid at Christmas time. Having a vehicle was very helpful when there if you do get one just make sure you either take a GPS with you or rent one when there.
good call on that
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:42 AM   #15
RS controls my life!

When i went to disneyland i was only in there for one day.. AND IT WAS NOT ENOUGH TIME!
i went in right when it opened and left when it closed!
i played all the roller coasters running back and forth adventure and disneyland, but i didn't even have enough time to take pictures with any characters and go to anywhere to relax. But if taking pictures doesn't' interest u.. then just go get fastpast for rides asap.

AND TIP: SKIP THE SMALL SMALL WORLD RIDE.
MOST ANNOYING RIDE EVERY >=(
ra1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #16

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
What I did was:
1)Get the fastpass
2)Go on other rides that dont have fastpass
3)Get a fastpass for a different ride then the one you have for
4)Go on original fastpass ride
5)Repeat
i agree fastpass was the shit, i wanna go back and ride space mountain .
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #17
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra1nn View Post
AND TIP: SKIP THE SMALL SMALL WORLD RIDE.
MOST ANNOYING RIDE EVERY >=(
Since it's his GF's first time in Disneyland, I definitely suggest doing this

I've always suggested to Rent a Car when going to LA as it gives you more "freedom" as to where you want to go...i.e. malls/restaurants/sites/etc... But if you don't think you are comfortable driving out there then, shuttles will do
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote