REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Pt. II (https://www.revscene.net/forums/588738-raekwon-only-built-4-cuban-linx-pt-ii.html)

JSALES 09-09-2009 06:58 PM

Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Pt. II

What do you guys think of his new album? i think this shit is good, this was worth buying than Blue Print 3 in my opinion

hotjoint 09-10-2009 06:53 AM

Love it. I wasn't really expecting much from any of the wu members beccause they've been releasing shitty solo and group projects lately. Raekwon has restored my faith in the group. If anyone could do it then it would be him. This album is classic. Now meth and ghostface need to drop some dope solo joints

SkinnyPupp 09-10-2009 07:26 AM

Going to check this out. Linx was one of my favourite albums in high school.

unit 09-10-2009 08:52 AM

pretty good so far. amazing production on this album.
hotjoint: ghost has been releasing awesome albums for years... people just stopped caring and havent been giving them a chance. imo, theres hardly ever been a bad wu album, but people cant get over 36 chambers even 15+ years later and want everything to sound exactly like it. i think thats a bit unfair to them but its hard to look past such a classic.

btw, i went to futureshop and bestbuy and they didnt sell cuban linx 2, they said it wasnt mainstream enough lol. this album has been heavily anticipated for over 10 years..

HurricaneGame 09-10-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 6585798)
hotjoint: ghost has been releasing awesome albums for years... people just stopped caring and havent been giving them a chance. imo, theres hardly ever been a bad wu album, but people cant get over 36 chambers even 15+ years later and want everything to sound exactly like it. i think thats a bit unfair to them but its hard to look past such a classic.

btw, i went to futureshop and bestbuy and they didnt sell cuban linx 2, they said it wasnt mainstream enough lol. this album has been heavily anticipated for over 10 years..

Same thing happened to me when I tried to get the Slaughterhouse Album, and Padded Room by Joe Budden

hotjoint 09-10-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 6585798)

Yeah I guess that you're right about that but production wise, the latest wu albums have been lacking imo. This raekwon sounds like he made his album the next month after the original OB4CL. Same formula and he stuck with grimey lyrics. This shit is hot. I'm feeling the track with busta over the dre beat.

Video of busta calling rae to let him know that he's #1 on itunes and jigga is #3 :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD-8Z...layer_embedded

JSALES 09-10-2009 02:52 PM

It took me quite awhile to find this album in stores. Most HMV stores didn't receive their shipment or if they had it in store, they were already on hold for customers

murd0c 09-10-2009 04:12 PM

ya Rae always brings fire and same with ghost but he just likes to try different shit out.

Rae recorded most of this album with Dre producing it even tho you have can tell most beats are Rza beats.

I've been listening to the WU since 92 and still love there shit. I have my WU jacket hanging in my room still and havn't warn it in a couple years at least.

SkinnyPupp 09-11-2009 07:13 PM

After listening to this, I just think that hip hop has left me behind. I don't feel anything made after 2003 or so, with a few exceptions like Q-Tip's last album (not the one coming this week but the one before that)

xeryusx 09-17-2009 09:05 PM

here we go it's that symbol again that W

Shit, after I heard that song I knew Rae would bring back some old school tracks. Is his album available anywhere? I found out about it back in Feb but forgot about it until I saw this thread. Would like to grab one asap!

JSALES 09-17-2009 10:41 PM

^ his album should be available everywhere by now, i know it was hard to get it on the first day since it was all on hold for customers