REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 09-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Pt. II

What do you guys think of his new album? i think this shit is good, this was worth buying than Blue Print 3 in my opinion
Advertisement
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:53 AM   #2
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Love it. I wasn't really expecting much from any of the wu members beccause they've been releasing shitty solo and group projects lately. Raekwon has restored my faith in the group. If anyone could do it then it would be him. This album is classic. Now meth and ghostface need to drop some dope solo joints
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:26 AM   #3
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Going to check this out. Linx was one of my favourite albums in high school.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
pretty good so far. amazing production on this album.
hotjoint: ghost has been releasing awesome albums for years... people just stopped caring and havent been giving them a chance. imo, theres hardly ever been a bad wu album, but people cant get over 36 chambers even 15+ years later and want everything to sound exactly like it. i think thats a bit unfair to them but its hard to look past such a classic.

btw, i went to futureshop and bestbuy and they didnt sell cuban linx 2, they said it wasnt mainstream enough lol. this album has been heavily anticipated for over 10 years..

Last edited by unit; 09-10-2009 at 09:02 AM.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
hotjoint: ghost has been releasing awesome albums for years... people just stopped caring and havent been giving them a chance. imo, theres hardly ever been a bad wu album, but people cant get over 36 chambers even 15+ years later and want everything to sound exactly like it. i think thats a bit unfair to them but its hard to look past such a classic.

btw, i went to futureshop and bestbuy and they didnt sell cuban linx 2, they said it wasnt mainstream enough lol. this album has been heavily anticipated for over 10 years..
Same thing happened to me when I tried to get the Slaughterhouse Album, and Padded Room by Joe Budden
Since ur english is so much better than I do, did you place your deposite for LP640 yet?

Scare to put that on???
Quote:
Originally posted by larry_chimp
I find the best way to avoid police brutality is to not be black.
HurricaneGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
Yeah I guess that you're right about that but production wise, the latest wu albums have been lacking imo. This raekwon sounds like he made his album the next month after the original OB4CL. Same formula and he stuck with grimey lyrics. This shit is hot. I'm feeling the track with busta over the dre beat.

Video of busta calling rae to let him know that he's #1 on itunes and jigga is #3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD-8Z...layer_embedded
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #7

It took me quite awhile to find this album in stores. Most HMV stores didn't receive their shipment or if they had it in store, they were already on hold for customers
Old 09-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #8
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
ya Rae always brings fire and same with ghost but he just likes to try different shit out.

Rae recorded most of this album with Dre producing it even tho you have can tell most beats are Rza beats.

I've been listening to the WU since 92 and still love there shit. I have my WU jacket hanging in my room still and havn't warn it in a couple years at least.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #9
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
After listening to this, I just think that hip hop has left me behind. I don't feel anything made after 2003 or so, with a few exceptions like Q-Tip's last album (not the one coming this week but the one before that)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #10
RS controls my life!

here we go it's that symbol again that W

Shit, after I heard that song I knew Rae would bring back some old school tracks. Is his album available anywhere? I found out about it back in Feb but forgot about it until I saw this thread. Would like to grab one asap!
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #11

^ his album should be available everywhere by now, i know it was hard to get it on the first day since it was all on hold for customers