REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
sas
I bringith the lowerballerith

Strong Man / Power Lifting

Went to my very 1st Strong Man contest yesterday. Anyone here power lift or compete in strong man events?

Those kegs are frickin' heavy

I think it will translate well to my weight lifting with all that emphasis on your posterior chain.

I've also been using the fat bar for my cleans and can vouch that it has improved my overall clean quite a bit. The sled and prowler pull have also done wonders for my glutes and my front squat is gone up 8kg.
Advertisement
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
I subscribe to Revscene

the reflex sponsor'd one? how was it? it also said "huge savings" in the add.. did you notice any good deals?
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #3
sas

Yes, it was sponsored by reflex. The events were pretty cool as was the turn out. The atlas stones and tire flip were the most challenging.
A few guys dropped the atlas stone right on their head!

And no deals on anything decent. Some deals on the PVL stuff and Canadian brands though.

The power lifting contest is in October if anyone is interested in competing. Squat, dead, and press.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

There's a gym with a prowler? Where at????
kAzE- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
sas

There's a few. SFU, UBC and Cross Fit are a few that I can recall. Any place where you have a foot ball program.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

wow, ubc has one? never knew that
benjii is offline   Reply With Quote